Cameron Yoe - OPEN

Yoe09

I have no idea what is going to happen. Just wondered why you felt so strongly it would be bad to hire from within...

I have no idea what is going to happen. Just wondered why you felt so strongly it would be bad to hire from within...

If the recent rumour which has just leaked out is true, things may just gotten a bit more complicated or easier for the superintendent and the elected school board. A Coach with two state championship rings may have officially applied, his wife may be from Rockdale. Cameron fan base you should find out if there is any truth to the rumour when they release the finalist list to the general public. He should make the top three. Temple Telegram will sell out in Cameron that day.

Guess we will find out. So glad Teague stayed in your Malakoff district another two years of going back and forth should be eventful.

Oh that's right your kids go to a private school........guess your beloved Tigers weren't good enough for your kids.

I actually home school my kids! They're gonna learn to live off the land, no need for an education here.

1. I trust the committee/superintendent will do the right thing for Cameron and the football program, whether that is an outside hire or someone from within.

2. There are obviously a lot of rumors here. We do know there is going to be a list of highly qualified applicants. I do not believe there is going to be a "finalist list". There was not one last time. We do know a decision could be made sooner than later.

I agree. If I were a Cameron Yoe fan, I wouldn't be concerned at all. I would imagine that the board and administration will be looking for the best candidate possible.

Not sure why highschoolfootball99 or bulldogs99 are so adimant that if they hire from within,the program will sink.

I agree. If I were a Cameron Yoe fan, I wouldn't be concerned at all. I would imagine that the board and administration will be looking for the best candidate possible.

Not sure why highschoolfootball99 or bulldogs99 are so adimant that if they hire from within,the program will sink.

Because there is always the possibilty that Cameron could revert to its old ways of people with certain last names trying to assert their personal politics and agenda, and that will be easier to do with a homegrown hire.

As the Yoe application process comes to a end March 22-2016 good luck to all candidates in house and outside.

I would think there will be a lot of great candidates for the job, lets see if the search committee does their due diligence and comes forward with the best candidate.

If I recall correctly the Rockdale Tigers passed on a coach a few years back that went on to be pretty successful, won a couple rings.

It could be possible the same coach has applied in Cameron. People learn from past mistakes been told.

As the Yoe application process comes to a end March 22-2016 good luck to all candidates in house and outside.

I would think there will be a lot of great candidates for the job, lets see if the search committee does their due diligence and comes forward with the best candidate.

If I recall correctly the Rockdale Tigers passed on a coach a few years back that went on to be pretty successful, won a couple rings.

It could be possible the same coach has applied in Cameron. People learn from past mistakes been told.

Just curious, who was that?

G-P was picked by DCTF to finish fourth in a district not known for its postseason achievements. Not sure how that actually played out, but I do know G-P lost in the first round to a team that bowed out the next week.

Good luck, Coach.

Gonna be interesting to see how this coach search goes. Already a lil' social media push for a couple homegrown inside candidates, and for a former Yoe assistant/now head coach whose team is on Yoe's schedule this season...

Yes it was a disappointing end to this years season when our qb pulled his hamstring just at the start of the second half. Totally threw out GPs gameplan and allowed the other team back into the game that GP had manhandlled the 1st half.

30-5A is no cake walk in that Gp has Calallen, flour bluff, Carroll, King and Ray, with the last 3 teams just recently moving down from 6A. GP will be fine,we have to replace 30 seniors of which 18 of which were starters. Theres some good talent moving up and a bunch of new transfers are moving in this summer.

The Rhoades program has already started with him meeting with the athletes last wed both boys and girls. He met the current coaches and laid down his rules for all GP coaches all clean shaven, no beards and no mustaches, anyone not willing to meet these rules are welcome to turn in their resignation on Monday. I"m already liking the Rhoades show.

Okay, curiosity piqued: Who was this coach Rockdale passed on?

Yes it was a disappointing end to this years season when our qb pulled his hamstring just at the start of the second half. Totally threw out GPs gameplan and allowed the other team back into the game that GP had manhandlled the 1st half.

30-5A is no cake walk in that Gp has Calallen, flour bluff, Carroll, King and Ray, with the last 3 teams just recently moving down from 6A. GP will be fine,we have to replace 30 seniors of which 18 of which were starters. Theres some good talent moving up and a bunch of new transfers are moving in this summer.

The Rhoades program has already started with him meeting with the athletes last wed both boys and girls. He met the current coaches and laid down his rules for all GP coaches all clean shaven, no beards and no mustaches, anyone not willing to meet these rules are welcome to turn in their resignation on Monday. I"m already liking the Rhoades show.

Dress clothes and ties on gameday, coaches AND players?

Yes that coming soon, he just got to meet with the current coaches for a short time on wed. Rick officially starts on Monday after spring break. I do not know other than Jack which coaches if any will come with him, but a coach like Rhoades has decades of making friends in the coaching business and will be allowed to hire 3 more coordinators to bring to GP.

He will have no problem finding quality coaches to coach with him.

With all this talk of Fedora and coming to Cameron, what if he insists on bringing his coordinators? Would the OC & DC at Cameron move down just to stay on CY staff?

My Tiger and Bulldog friends tell me Cameron fan base wants a Head Coach and AD who will uplift both girls and boys sports programs in Cameron not just win in football.

They have all those new facilities and are mediocre in most of these non football programs. They want to be like Wall, Franklin and Brock, good in everything, not just football.

The fan base is ok with checking out of the football playoffs a few rounds earlier to achieve these goals of more rounded programs.

This makes this search even more interesting and down right tricky to say the least.

The administration gambles the fan base accepts less in football to be better in other sports. If the gamble back fires it could get a little crazy.

The coach with two rings that was by passed by Rockdale years ago, got his rings in football, so he probably won't work in Cameron at this time.

If you think this you have never been to Cameron, Texas

I don't believe there are many people in Cameron who would say "I'm ok with only going three rounds deep in football if we can do the same in girls basketball." I may be wrong, but I just don't think you get bored with football after five or six straight trips to the finals. This ain't Minnesota.

Since coaching ability and facial hair correlate so much

If you knew the situation in GP with the past coach and his situation, you would know Rhoades reasoning for these rules.the past HC/AD came in without the ability to bring in his own staff or hire any new coordinators. He had no authority to remove reassign or demote any coach under him, sounds crazy but that is a fact. He came with a new offense and defense and got stuck with coordinators who only knew the Slot T offense and fought his attempt to change the offense and defense. All of those coaches are gone and the administration has totally given Rhoades 100% control over every aspect of athletics at GP.

There are a few coaches from other sports who liked the free reign they once had and Rhoades is just stating his policy. To get every program turned around he got to impose some strict rules for both coaches and athletes. Yes this is a welcome change and is more than warranted at GP.

I know many of the coaches names who applied for the GP opening when Rhoades won the bid. Many of those coaches both HC or Coordinators are very successful with many names from teams that won or played in state championship games. Some would bring their staffs and some would not. I do know two very successful gifted OC"s mostly likely applied at Cameron and they would be a very good fit in the Yoe program.

Yeah, Yoe Nation has even embraced the investment in the school band and its success.

But to say they're okay with third or fourth-round exits in the football playoffs in exchange for third or fourth-round advances in girls' basketball or softball is... just illogical.

As far as the facilities go, one of the main reasons for those investments - the baseball field, for example - is to draw UIL playoff and "select league" games and the fans that come with them.

For Cameron to be consistently better in most sports, it is not going to take less emphasis on football. It will take a desire and want to from the parents/ kids to be better in those other sports by developing their skills with select leagues/proper coaching in the off-season. Talent also comes into play. In 2011 we had what was probably the most successful athletic year ever when we won the lone star cup. We do not have that kind of seasoned talent in the system right now with regards to other sports. We played for state in football in 2010, but guess what, we competed for state in several other sports that year as well. There is only so much the athletic director can do.

Cameron is a football town. All you have to do is look back at the record books and it will tell you everything you need to know. We cannot go into this process looking for the best "athletic director". We could bring in the guy from Argyle (which wins the lone star cup every year) - and guess what - things are not going to change much around here until what I mentioned above happens.

Yes, you want someone that has that desire to win in everything, but you have to weigh everything properly. I would have to believe the people in charge of this hire understand that.

Just saying they gonna pass on a coach with rings in football unless his history as AD is up to snuff. Sounds kinda bad for the coordinators or maybe good since they have no history to look at.

With all those new facilities, all sports need a upgrade. The AD part of the equation is big.

It may be illogical to some in Cameron fan base but evidently to others acceptable.

May be rough and rocky tenure for the new Coach/AD if he can't keep the bar high in football and live up to his promise to upgrade all sports to match those new facilities.

Gonna to be a tricky few weeks for the search committee.

May take a veteran coach with a lot of PR savvy to navigate these choppy waters.

Tigers, Bulldogs and Lions will be watching.