Lee Fedora Resigns @ Navasota

mooncity

Can't say I'm too surprised. He obviously felt the board had been very disloyal/dishonest to him and he knew he had to get out of there. It was just a matter of time. Wouldn't be suprised if he headed to Yoe. Or he may know of another bigger school coming open soon. Never know.

But one thing is for sure, the NISD board looks like fools in all of this.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised to learn Fedora is actually going after the Yoe job. Seems he'd only walk out on a days-old contract renewal at his proven program to move "up." But, stranger things have happened...

He's walking out on his contract renewal because the did him wrong. He's probably partially in the mindset "anywhere but here". No one likes working somewhere where they know they were wanted/don't have the school boards backing.

From the article...."Last week at a special meeting, the board voted unanimously to extend Fedora's deal, which pays $93,156.37 annually."

Suprising here. Thought it would be more. NISD was getting a deal.

But he didn't just "screw" the Navasota schoolboard with this move. Navasota FANS are the ones who came out and raised hell immediately to force the board to re-vote. That's why I don't think this was just "Fedora giving NISD the bird" or "Anywhere but here" because they did him wrong. He coulda told the fans, "Thanks for your support, but if I can't get more respect than that, I'm just gonna take my show elsewhere", and not even went through the trouble of a second vote and going through with signing the extension.

But he didn't just "screw" the Navasota schoolboard with this move. Navasota FANS are the ones who came out and raised hell immediately to force the board to re-vote. That's why I don't think this was just "Fedora giving NISD the bird" or "Anywhere but here" because they did him wrong. He coulda told the fans, "Thanks for your support, but if I can't get more respect than that, I'm just gonna take my show elsewhere", and not even went through the trouble of a second vote and going through with signing the extension.

True. I'd imagine either a job has or is about to come open that he wants. Or since all this mess started he's figured out a lot of nasty stuff is about to go down and he wants out. He's obviously liked it in Navasota to stay as long as he has. He could have had a number of bigger jobs the last few years, but has chosen to stay (and do so for less money than most coaches winning that much). So yes, something has drastically changed recently.

• Like 1

If $93k a year is "less money than most coaches winning that much" make, how much money do coaches who win that much make? I'm sure there are some who make more, but it sounds like a darn good salary for a successful high school head football coach to me.

• Like 1

Most (not all) at the 4A level and up who are consistently winning are making $100k or over.

No way!! I bet u can't name 5 class 4a coaches making over 100k. Most is not even close to a true statement. A couple would be a better comment. Not real sure Gilmer is now!!

Argyle

Gilmer

Carthage

Who else?

• Like 1

Arygle, Celina, Gilmer, Carthage, along with Navasota are pretty much the ones I was talking about who are consistently winning in 4A year in and year out.

My other point in my original statement was that he has hung around Navasota when he could have left for a bigger classification and bigger paycheck than what he is getting now. Do you not think that is the case? That he could have gone to a bigger school and made more money, but chose to stay at Navasota?

No way!! I bet u can't name 5 class 4a coaches making over 100k. Most is not even close to a true statement. A couple would be a better comment. Not real sure Gilmer is now!!

Argyle

Gilmer

Carthage

Who else?

Center