Lee Fedora Resigns @ Navasota

mooncity

Usually you can go to a schools website and it will have the AD/HC pay somewhere on their website around $90k is that uncommon at that level not sure about the $100k mark though.

Web sites will only show base pay. If that is what we are looking at then it's less than a handful. Incentive and bonus stipends included it may just be a handful. Shocked if Center is paying $100. May be!!

Most school district do not determine coaching salaries by wins or losses. Most coaches are paid a base salary if they serve as athletic director or a teacher’s salary, along with stipends to coach and other stipends to cover expenses.

Freedom of Information Act is what one can use to find out things such as coaches salary.

Entering the 2015 football season the highest paid coach on a list of 52 central texas coaches Hank Carter of Lake Travis ($138,984)is the highest paid coach in that area while Humberto Garza of Akins is the lowest($65,393.12)

I don't believe Navasota was on that list. I read it also.

And you're right. Their starting salary isn't based on wins and loses to start out with, but they can be negotiated over time depending on their successes. That's part of what keep coaches from leaving one place to go to another. They use their opportunities at other schools to negotiate to raise their salary at their school. They can be negotiated. It's different than a teacher who has no wiggle room.

That is just Austin area just so everyone is aware. Central Texas is waco area IMO. I know at one point Ennis was paying their coach over 130K I think he was one of the highest paid coaches in Texas but that was back before his kid went to Texas Tech so I'm sure the Dallas area coaches are in the 150K by now

No way!! I bet u can't name 5 class 4a coaches making over 100k. Most is not even close to a true statement. A couple would be a better comment. Not real sure Gilmer is now!!

Argyle

Gilmer

Carthage

Who else?

Gilmer is paying their OLine guy 80K. I bet they are still paying the HC 100K. If not, bet it is not far from it.

I am betting Tatum WAS. Probably not now though. Celina maybe? I bet Liberty Hill is. Stephenville? Brownwood?

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if its true or not but I was told he owns rent houses and was going to take the next football season off doing the landlord thing then come back next year when the big jobs open up.

It wouldn't surprise me for him to take a year off and wait for a bigger HC job to open or a college job. It was just pretty late in the game this go round.

Almost makes you wonder if he wishes he'd have just stayed one more year then left for sure. But it's hard to stay where you think you're not wanted.

Don't be dumb class has nothing to do with coaching

You evidently are clueless on this matter too....as usual. I'll explain for u.

The lufkin posters here have basically said that if they wanted any coach they could get them because they play 6a football and, well, they're Lufkin by golly.

That's not remotely true . 6a ball isn't everything. It is however, attractive. Lufkin would definitely give him a interview and so would Longview if it came down to that. He probably waits for a bigger job or joins his brother in college.

Smh...... The Lufkin posters were saying that if they wanted one of the better 3/4a coaches (surrat, traylor, fedora,etc...) there was nothing their schools could do to keep them. Here's a perfect opportunity for them to get one of the best in the business. Understand now?

Who cares what you think? Why would Fedora go to Longview? Makes zero sense. You must no zero about the man. Just making up wild hair ideas.

So u do understand what hypothetical situation means right?

And evidently you care what I think as you've responded twice.