NCAA approves instant video replay in press box

Slickarick

This will apply for uil if the chose to follow ncaa as well. So look like the pros now with tablets and tvs in the pressbox. Thoughts, harmful or helpful? and budgetary means hurtful for some schools.

This will apply for uil as well. So look like the pros now with tablets and tvs in the pressbox. Thoughts, harmful or helpful? and budgetary means hurtful for some schools.

You don't think this could be one of the exceptions UIL makes in their rules?

Not sure it would be fair to the schools that can't afford the technology..

• Like 1

You don't think this could be one of the exceptions UIL makes in their rules?

Not sure it would be fair to the schools that can't afford the technology..

That's what i was thinking, but with all the smart phones and and everything else i can say them saying they can video and use pictures from phones. definitely see it happening sooner than later though. Already had the track rule changed. This one may be next.

That's what i was thinking, but with all the smart phones and and everything else i can say them saying they can video and use pictures from phones. definitely see it happening sooner than later though. Already had the track rule changed. This one may be next.

I can see it now on job interviews.

HC: Are you tech savy?

I can see it now on job interviews.

HC: Are you tech savy?

hahah..so how are you with C++, but with all technology out there most new guys already know how to do most the stuff.

Hey, I've got an idea! FANS and PARENTS can video each play on their phone, and when one needs to be reviewed, everyone who thinks they got the right angle of the play can come down or the field and show their phone to the official. It's foolproof!!

• Like 1

Not until it costs one of the big kids on the block a finals appearance or a state title.....

That's already happened more than once ...

On a side note, how many high schools are going to have multiple camera angles like college and pro games? ...

I don't know about that. It's for challenging calls in the NCAA and NFL. Where did you get your information?

It's to allow coaches access to video, screenshots or whatnot. Similar to what NFL does with tablets on the sidelines. Has nothing to do with challenging a play.

I don't know about that. It's for challenging calls in the NCAA and NFL. Where did you get your information?

3. Technology for Coaching Purposes (Rule 1-4-11) FR-25 Changes to paragraph a. (New language is in bold italics) “Video images, photographs and computers may be used by coaches and for coaching purposes in the press box and the team locker rooms. They are not allowed in the team area, on the playing field, or on the sideline. Television monitors may only be used in the press-box coaching booths to view the live broadcast or webcast. Game management is responsible for assuring identical television capability and identical video and Internet connectivity in the coaches’ booths of both teams. Television replay or monitoring equipment is otherwise prohibited at the sidelines or other locations within the playing enclosure for coaching purposes during the game.

Thats from the NCAA rules committee

3. Technology for Coaching Purposes (Rule 1-4-11) FR-25 Changes to paragraph a. (New language is in bold italics) “Video images, photographs and computers may be used by coaches and for coaching purposes in the press box and the team locker rooms. They are not allowed in the team area, on the playing field, or on the sideline. Television monitors may only be used in the press-box coaching booths to view the live broadcast or webcast. Game management is responsible for assuring identical television capability and identical video and Internet connectivity in the coaches’ booths of both teams. Television replay or monitoring equipment is otherwise prohibited at the sidelines or other locations within the playing enclosure for coaching purposes during the game.

Thats from the NCAA rules committee

yup..wonder when the UIL wlll release what they plan to do with this.