Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

1 hour ago, K1nG said:

Rockdale produes talent every year. It finally culminated in a State championship. 

I agree that Rockdale always has talent but if the QB doesn't move in IMO , there would have not been a State Championship. That cat was unstoppable once the playoffs began. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, player73 said:

I agree that Rockdale always has talent but if the QB doesn't move in IMO , there would have not been a State Championship. That cat was unstoppable once the playoffs began. 

Player you are absolutely 100% correct!

No way they get out of 1st round against Malakoff without that kid. Rockdale would of been forced to put Crawford at the QB1 position which would of taken a dynamic player away from the slot WR, RB, and WR1 position where he is the most dangerous. Having that move in changed the game for the Rock

• Like 1

2 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Player you are absolutely 100% correct!

No way they get out of 1st round against Malakoff without that kid. Rockdale would of been forced to put Crawford at the QB1 position which would of taken a dynamic player away from the slot WR, RB, and WR1 position where he is the most dangerous. Having that move in changed the game for the Rock

No one argues Locklin was the key player in the title run. My quote was going forward that Rock will win another state title before Cameron.  Coach Miller is the best HC in the Cameron---- Rock district.  

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

No one argues Locklin was the key player in the title run. My quote was going forward that Rock will win another state title before Cameron.  Coach Miller is the best HC in the Cameron---- Rock district.  

I don't know about that.....well maybe now that Hedrick is in another district. Last 2 years though Hedrick was the best head coach...he is a Texas HS Hall of Fame coach neither Miller nor Brashear will make that title.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2018 at 2:07 PM, highschoolfootball99 said:

I don't know about that.....well maybe now that Hedrick is in another district. Last 2 years though Hedrick was the best head coach...he is a Texas HS Hall of Fame coach neither Miller nor Brashear will make that title.

Funny that Rockdale had to go through teague to win that state title lol what was it 35-7 in the 3rd??

On 3/26/2018 at 8:58 PM, bulldogs99 said:

I guess Cameron fans in the know should look at their off season football  program and their track  program to see if the stern  hands on approach is being taken by Coach Tommy.

Well, were getting close to the end of track season. What day those that are around the program regularly? How gas the Track team performed in meets so far this season?

On 3/31/2018 at 6:12 PM, K1nG said:

Funny that Rockdale had to go through teague to win that state title lol what was it 35-7 in the 3rd??

Yup then we put in our QB who should of been in all year and started making noise. But if locklin does not move to rockdale rockdale does not get past malakoff.

8 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Yup then we put in our QB who should of been in all year and started making noise. But if locklin does not move to rockdale rockdale does not get past malakoff.

On 4/1/2018 at 11:15 AM, Undesignated2000 said:

Well, were getting close to the end of track season. What day those that are around the program regularly? How gas the Track team performed in meets so far this season?

Don't know 2000 maybe one of the Cameron staff or a family member will give a update on the off season program and the track program. 

25 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

Don't know 2000 maybe one of the Cameron staff or a family member will give a update on the off season program and the track program. 

Yoemen took 1st a couple of weeks ago in Lexington meet including 1st in the 4 X 100. Some good schools in the meet including R'dale.

3 hours ago, YoeHigh said:

Not sure if that always translates to football. Yoemen have always had good speed.

Yea you probably right, that is old school thinking that track helps in football. Cameron probably plays golf and baseball and then goes right into 7 on 7. 

Cameron has one   track athlete that might make regional in Waco been told.  I doubt he gets much notice in Cameron since football is the bread and butter,   plus  golf and soccer.

09's article in the Hearld was insightful about the Yoemen's new OC.  Did anyone else happen to give it a read?  Of course the new OC was very complimentary of the staff.  Sounds like Brashear is going to spend more time working on the defensive side of the game. 

On 4/8/2018 at 11:15 PM, yoenation79 said:

09's article in the Hearld was insightful about the Yoemen's new OC.  Did anyone else happen to give it a read?  Of course the new OC was very complimentary of the staff.  Sounds like Brashear is going to spend more time working on the defensive side of the game. 

You really think so? Why did he not let the OC  who left call the plays and concentrate on D this past season? Sounds like Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett spin coming from Coach Tommy.Coach better be a jack of all trades, because there are a lot of weak links on the Cameron staff if last season record is any indication. 

Hope you are right, going to be a power struggle on that Cameron staff.  Thank the UIL for giving  Cameron a weak district fans. 1, Cameron 2. Rock. 3. Lago  4. Troy     is how I see them finishing. But shoot the order could very well be reversed, who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

You really think so? Why did he not let the OC  who left call the plays and concentrate on D this past season? Sounds like Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett spin coming from Coach Tommy.Coach better be a jack of all trades, because there are a lot of weak links on the Cameron staff if last season record is any indication. 

Hope you are right, going to be a power struggle on that Cameron staff.  Thank the UIL for giving  Cameron a weak district fans. 1, Cameron 2. Rock. 3. Lago  4. Troy     is how I see them finishing. But shoot the order could very well be reversed, who knows.

True there are allot of weak links to deal with.  The 2 biggest and the top priority is that defense.  The next one is the special teams.  That kickoff team has been absolutely terrible the last few years.  Hopefully we'll see a different Brashear this upcoming season.  He is going to have to gain the respect from the kids and understand his personnel to put them in the correct positions to be successful.  Neither was done last year.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Wish we could have stayed in this district... Having to travel so much is goin to #### this year

On 4/11/2018 at 1:28 PM, lionpride08 said:

Wish we could have stayed in this district... Having to travel so much is goin to #### this year

Wish yall could have as well. Really going to miss that Rockdale/Cameron/Franklin district from the past 2 seasons. 

9 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

Wish yall could have as well. Really going to miss that Rockdale/Cameron/Franklin district from the past 2 seasons. 

Tigers89 are y'all losing any of your coaching staff for 2018?  Hopefully the Yoemen give y'all a better game this upcoming season.  The Tiger's run thru the playoffs reminded me of the good old days.  Sure was proud that the Tigers brought that title back to Milam county.  

8 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Tigers89 are y'all losing any of your coaching staff for 2018?  Hopefully the Yoemen give y'all a better game this upcoming season.  The Tiger's run thru the playoffs reminded me of the good old days.  Sure was proud that the Tigers brought that title back to Milam county.  

No departures from the staff as far as I’m concerned, and appreciate it. I believe this year’s game between the two will be closer. We’ll be much younger and have our work cut out for us. 

3 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

No departures from the staff as far as I’m concerned, and appreciate it. I believe this year’s game between the two will be closer. We’ll be much younger and have our work cut out for us. 

Have they started the work on the stadium?  If so will it be ready for the Tiger's home opener?  If nothing changes defensively for the Yoemen and I mean for the better.  The out come will most likely be the same.  As always it's fun for the communities.

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Have they started the work on the stadium?  If so will it be ready for the Tiger's home opener?  If nothing changes defensively for the Yoemen and I mean for the better.  The out come will most likely be the same.  As always it's fun for the communities.

Yoe by 21 this time around unless Super Soph group for Rock is really great. Could get political in Rock this season. Yoe to much speed and quickness this season.