Frankston Open Again

tdJesus

Frankston IS a great small town. I graduated there and there are a lot of good people and they have very nice small school facilities. Need to upgrade the football stadium though. I pull for them always being that it is my hometown. However if its true that they had a separate committee to hire a basketball coach that is disappointing. I'm sure the new coach is excellent but that's not the point. This is not the way that people that do things right do them. Like I said its my hometown and I still have parents that live there and pay school taxes and I wish them the best.

Sources tell me that Mike Owens left because he doesn't play that game. He went with a recommendation to the Supt. about a basketball coach and he was over ruled. Then they put together a committee and hired one.

If that is true I will stay with my original comment. Disappointing. As Bill Parcells said "if they want you to cook the meal they should let you buy the groceries". As an AD if they wont let you hire the staff then I agree its time to move on.

Frankston has First class facilities for every sport. Well, for every sport but football. Their visitor accommodations are on par with New Diana, who I understand will at least be putting down turf.

I just don't know if there is enough football interest there for them to build a successful program.

I recall him in a game over in Lindale. He was very impressive as a player. Lindale beat them that night, but he had no quit in him up the final tick of the clock. Wish him the best in Frankston. Hope he can wake them up to football.

Wonder if he will bring his buddy from Gilmer with him to be the OC?

Maybe but I almost tend to doubt it. I would find it hard to believe that Jonny won't be calling the offense and it's hard to leave Gilmer if you aren't calling the shots. But anything is possible.