Traion Smith

Yoe09

Did you leave a V out

Travian Smith is a former American football linebacker in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round of the 1998 NFL Draft. Earned a Super Bowl Ring and played enough years to qualify for retirement. He played college football at Oklahoma.
Born: August 26, 1975 (age 40), Shepherd, TX
Education: Tatum High School University of Oklahoma
Position: Linebacker

Didn't it happen in the Title Game?

After that happened Yoe fell apart... it was in the 1st quarter (I think) and the team's spirit was clearly down the rest of the game... I dont know if they would have won, but I think they would have put up more of a fight.

Were there any scholarship level offers, or were they all pulled when the injury happened?

If you are going to go D3 in Texas, UMHB is the way to go. They win year in and year out, and they are always a legitimate shot to make a deep playoff run. If Smith gets himself healthy, UMHB has just landed a running back that will be the best in the nation by the time he is a sophomore.

Congratulations to the young man. I pray that he is able to get healthy and do what he loves.

• 3 weeks later...

Injury happened right before halftime on about the six-yard line as he cut around a defender headed for the end zone. Again. Yeah, Yoe was pretty much dominating both sides of the ball, but in the tunnel coming out from halftime you could see it in the rest of the team's faces - They were just crushed by his injury. He really was a leader on that team. Tore all three ligaments. Hopefully he has the dedication to stick with the rehab (not try to come back too soon) and show the world he can rise again...