Baseball District Schedule Set-up

I guess we disagree on what leveling the playing field means, and what a competitive advantage is.

And, the comparisons you made to other sports are completely off base. Not comparison between baseball and basketball or a kicker and a pitcher.

Replace Kicker with a QB who can run vs a QB who can run and throw and still use your "leveling of the playing field" analogy.It still fails.

I guess we disagree on what leveling the playing field means, and what a competitive advantage is.

And, the comparisons you made to other sports are completely off base. Not comparison between baseball and basketball or a kicker and a pitcher.

Why should we adjust a schedule to cover the fact that your kids can't hit my kid?

This is what we call modifying...... It has no place in sports.

• Like 2

I think the new direction in High School Baseball is to play both District games in the same week. At home on Tuesday, on the road Friday vs the same opponent, or vice versa. I think this is the best way to get an accurate and true District Champion and playoff seeding.

What says the peanut gallery?

It rains out Friday and Saturday, what then?

It rains out Friday and Saturday, what then?

4to3-

You're trying to reason with a guy that coaches at a baseball school that consistently goes 2-8 every year in football and the best athletes are straight baseballers. They also have an INF tarp

4to3-

You're trying to reason with a guy that coaches at a baseball school that consistently goes 2-8 every year in football and the best athletes are straight baseballers. They also have an INF tarp

lol....In that case, Bull Durham @ home

4to3-

But if nobody points out the holes in his logic our kids may vote for Bernie Sanders.

4to3-

But if nobody points out the holes in his logic our kids may vote for Bernie Sanders.

I actually like the idea. I have been in a situation where there were 3 good teams in my district and the rest were very bad. The schedule happened to set up to where I had to play the good teams back to back and they had the cupcakes right before me. I always got their number 1, while I would have to put my 2 or 3 against their ace. I would have definitely been in favor of this new scheduling in that instance. I don't get peoples argument against it

I actually like the idea. I have been in a situation where there were 3 good teams in my district and the rest were very bad. The schedule happened to set up to where I had to play the good teams back to back and they had the cupcakes right before me. I always got their number 1, while I would have to put my 2 or 3 against their ace. I would have definitely been in favor of this new scheduling in that instance. I don't get peoples argument against it

Because it blows

It doesn't really make a difference. You are still playing everyone twice its just in the same week. What I would really like to see is the bi-district and area round become more of a regional type tournament like in college. You could knock out a full week of playoffs by having 4 teams at one site and playing it all then, and the 1 seed would host, I think that would be a great way to do it.

It doesn't really make a difference. why change it, if it does not make a difference? You are still playing everyone twice its just in the same week. What I would really like to see is the bi-district and area round become more of a regional type tournament like in college. You could knock out a full week of playoffs by having 4 teams at one site and playing it all then, and the 1 seed would host, I think that would be a great way to do it. it sounds cool, but is it an all day affair or what?

It doesn't really make a difference. why change it, if it does not make a difference? You are still playing everyone twice its just in the same week. What I would really like to see is the bi-district and area round become more of a regional type tournament like in college. You could knock out a full week of playoffs by having 4 teams at one site and playing it all then, and the 1 seed would host, I think that would be a great way to do it. it sounds cool, but is it an all day affair or what?

I like the Bi-district/ area tournament idea, hosted by the 1 seed. If you set it up to charge admission and give the UIL 15% of the gate, they'd probably be all over it.