Lufkin admits to turning in faulty numbers to UIL

Sportsfanatic1

I could see how it could honestly be a clerical mistake....

but.......

I could also see how it could be intentional if you had a coach/AD/Administrator that felt 5A was a better option for LISD.

Whoever that 5th place team has been in every sport could have a beef with it.... since they basically missed out because LP made it.

Can't be undone.

Highland Park rule is now null and void. New 6A cutoff is Lufkin enrollment +48

hehehe

• Like 2

Isn't it part of UIL guidelines? District policy??

Not sure. Stubblefield is different than other alternative schools, not sure what goes on at Lead in Longview, but several school districts have kids there and several of the students don't even live in Lufkin that attend that school. It seems from reading the article that they didn't have to include those numbers in the past, so I'm just guessing they made a mistake this time. I could be wrong. I just hope they don't take the title away from those kids, because of that mistake.

Not sure. Stubblefield is different than other alternative schools, not sure what goes on at Lead in Longview, but several school districts have kids there and several of the stunners don't even live in Lufkin that attend that school. It seems from reading the article that they didn't have to include those numbers in the past, so I'm just guessing they made a mistake this time. I could be wrong. I just hope they don't take the title away from those kids, because of that mistake.

Maybe thats the other 3 school districts they are talking about.

Welp, guess I can put the mailboxes away now. :)

Honest Mistake. I hope the UIL and others don't make a big deal out of this, But... were talking the UIL here. Lufkin has had clean hands forever. They sure didn't do anything for an advantage of any kind..

Let it go. Lesson Learned.

• Like 1

The water is under the Bridge, games have played, and teams have advanced or not advanced.

If there is not a penalty on the future then there is no deterrent.

TURN IN THE WRONG NUMBERS AND WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP OR GAMES YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE WON ANYWAY so you are declared loser in that game. what have you lost but a good name some thought you made an honest mistake. so you didn't lose that with them..

Can not take away scholarships or draft choices So play one year for each year not being able to advance win or lose.

If they do that most kids want play because it wouldn't matter if they win or lose. They still will be at home vome playoff time.

So winning and advancing towards a championship is the only reason for being on a team? Maybe if you are an elite AAU type player...you only play HS ball for the winning. But most grunt type players play for the love of sport, the sense of belonging, and because without it...school would sorta blow.

It was a mistake from what I could see. They didn't know that they had to include the Stubblefield kids, which we shouldn't since several aren't even from Lufkin.

Uh...Im not sure this is true. According to the link above:

Haglund said nobody at the district has been able to figure out how the district came up with the 2,088 figure. According to the TEA report, of the 2,136 students enrolled at LHS on snapshot day, 67 attended Stubblefield. Subtracting the Stubblefield figure from the LHS figure falls below the 2,088 turned into UIL.

If you subtract 67 from 2136, you get 2069. So.....why would they turn in 2,088.

• Like 1

So winning and advancing towards a championship is the only reason for being on a team? Maybe if you are an elite AAU type player...you only play HS ball for the winning. But most grunt type players play for the love of sport, the sense of belonging, and because without it...school would sorta blow.

It will only blow for those who like playing sports, not for the kids that don't.