Lufkin admits to turning in faulty numbers to UIL

Sportsfanatic1

PackAttack, a mistake WAS made. You said "may or may not." (?). It's clear Lufkin ISD made a mistake and they need to be penalized in some way. When you tell the officer you didn't know it was 40 mph, he still gives you a ticket for going 60. It doesn't matter if it was an innocent mistake or not. You still get the ticket. If the form says you count alternative schools, you count them. Period. I agree it isn't the kids fault -- like the state champion soccer team, that would be terrible to take away -- but rules are rules and the UIL can't just let this go and say "what's done is done".

What I posted was from an article in the Lufkin Daily News. Have no care one way or another how this will be handled by the UIL. I had nothing to do with it. The Lufkin kids and the fans will have to live with an error made by the Administration. If you all want to BBQ Lufkin over this, then have fun, none of us have anything to do with either end of this mess and it is a mess.

Why does this come off as trying to attack the person that reported the wrong doing? Lufkin screwed it up. It doesn't matter if that person wants to put their name on the report or not imo.

It doesn't change the fact that Lufkin ISD took away district championships from those in their rightful class.

It doesn't change the fact that Lufkin ISD took away playoff spots from those in their rightful class.

It doesn't change the fact that Lufkin is the one that screwed up and should be punished to prevent this type of thing from happening again.

I don't blame the person that wrote it anonymously, especially if they're living in Lufkin. They'd be absolutely crucified in that town for not letting the Panthers get away from it.

This was not my opinion, Lufkin Daily News article. Do not care either way what happens. The football program is just messed up now, it's not about winning but making sure they educate the kids to better themselves. Coach Quick says we are not trying to be a football factory anymore. Take from that statement what you will, but that is what public school is suppose to be all about. The UIL will investigate and make a decision and if they find that it was not intentional, then I do not see more than a reprimand. If we are guilty of intent or irresponsible neglect, then take something from us. Get it over with and lets move on.

The football program is just messed up now, it's not about winning but making sure they educate the kids to better themselves. Coach Quick says we are not trying to be a football factory anymore.

What's wrong with educating AND winning?

Probably time for him to go. Too much talent at Lufkin for that crazy talk.

• Like 1

You all may be disappointed when we all find out there was nothing to any of this. I do know that Lufkin does not need to count the Stubblefield or Lufkin State Living Facility Students because the LISD do not received State funds for any of the students attending either of those places and according to the UIL have not had to do so at any time in the past.

Anyway, the Lufkin News jumped the gun on their story without confirming some of the facts. The UIL has told Lufkin to continue business as usual. They will not meet again until August. If there were an infraction, the UIL would have called a Special Session this year and not next. They are not doing this , so they do not seem to be worried about it.

I figured that PA. We didn't have to count those kids in the past because I was always told that we didn't have to. It's not the same as the other alternative schools, which some of you were comparing the situation to. I even said the attorney had stated that the UIL said we didn't do anything wrong, but certain people in here that think they know everything, didn't care about that. Just assumed we did something wrong, which isn't new with some of y'all. If the UIL doesn't find anything and we didn't have to count those kids the last few years, LISD needs to sue someone. I don't care if it's the LDN, KTRE, Tyler, Corsi paper and the rest that went on their little witch hunt before getting the facts straight because of some anonymous letter.

Good grief! Well, good news for the Lufkin athletes. So this was all wrong?? Why doesn't the Lufkin paper and all these other media outlets report this is nothing then? Has anyone contacted them to retract? We sure burned a bunch of gab on here for jack squat. But all we had were these media outlets so . . .

Hey, if it's on the internet, it must be true. LOL

No Lufkin is playing 6A. The numbers turned in (2096) early that put Lufkin in 5A again were not from Lufkin officials. Not sure where they came from and those numbers were not verified by the UIL. Lufkin Administration turned in 2135. So this has been a confused mess from the beginning.

No Lufkin is playing 6A. The numbers turned in (2096) early that put Lufkin in 5A again were not from Lufkin officials. Not sure where they came from and those numbers were not verified by the UIL. Lufkin Administration turned in 2135. So this has been a confused mess from the beginning.

Thank you for the clarification. You're right, it has been a mess from the beginning.

So UIL says if you don't receive any State funding you don't have to report?

I don't think UIL really cares about State funding. According to what I have read on here UIL says you have to report students at an alternative school, period. It has been mentioned several times that many schools are doing this and have been for years. If you get state funding or not would not matter to UIL. What if you only get partial funding for the students say because of a special need. Do you know only count half of them?

And I also find it hard to believe that LISD has never reported this type of students for state funding. Talk about a large amount of lost revenue. I know they get reports on students from Lufkin Hudson, the fiscal agent for Stubblefield Learning Center, showing the number of students and such. Lufkin Hudson then in turns bills them for their number of students. So LISD has just been forking over this money and not getting any in return. Talk about some major mismanagement.

I am telling you, your beating a dead horse here. Dead! Sorry to take away your drama. What I said above in my previous post was a direct statement from a high ranking school administrator. So , where do you go from here? I no longer see a pathway.

I am telling you, your beating a dead horse here. Dead! Sorry to take away your drama. What I said above in my previous post was a direct statement from a high ranking school administrator. So , where do you go from here? I no longer see a pathway.

I really feel bad for them. I'm sure most were hoping it was true and the UIL would take our wins and state title away. Poor things.

Matt you persistence to pursue this matter indicates some kind of bitterness. You always have something snarky to say even though the facts and dialog have change the other way. Have tried to be on the up and up with this all the way, even to the point of being disgusted and embarrassed by the thought when I did not know all the facts. That is the key here , Facts. Now that we have them we find there is no issue. So that is our and your pathway my friend. Have a great day.

• Like 1

The first sentence in the initial article from the LDN says Lufkin ISD confirms they turned in faulty numbers to UIL. Not someone accusing them but that Lufkin ISD said they did. Now a high ranking administrator says no we didn't. Why did they admit it to begin with?

PackAttack, no drama here. But as SBparent just said, Lufkin's own administrator is quoted saying it was faulty numbers. What high ranking admin person did you talk to? Look, I get snarky when people continue to say nothing happened, or we didn't do anything wrong, when you don't know yet. That's it. Did the LISD administrator lie to the newspaper? Did they quote him/her wrong?

Sorry, but bitter is not the word. . . a better description is PO'd because if teams like us and Lindale (small schools in 5A) were put at a serious disadvantage playing district games in all sports with a school that shouldn't have been in 5A, then yeah, that's wrong. Sorry if you don't like my tone . . . but you and Pack007 keep dismissing this with, "Oops our bad, nothing will come of this, can't do anything about it now, we don't have all the facts, this administrator told me we're fine, you guys are just bitter, poor things, etc..." That's why so many people on here have questioned this, not just me.

Yes, you have a great day as well!

• Like 1