Lufkin admits to turning in faulty numbers to UIL

Sportsfanatic1

Man I am in your head.

I mean, I immediately thought of you when I saw someone being insanely stupid (although they were doing it ironically where you can't help it), so... yeah?

But for all the wrong reasons. You're a running joke on Smoaky, not "in anyone's head" for something positive you did. Further, "I'm in your head" isn't some end-all rebuttal that gives you some superiority. . Hope that helps, breh.

#Roasted

• Like 1

PackAttack, no drama here. But as SBparent just said, Lufkin's own administrator is quoted saying it was faulty numbers. What high ranking admin person did you talk to? Look, I get snarky when people continue to say nothing happened, or we didn't do anything wrong, when you don't know yet. That's it. Did the LISD administrator lie to the newspaper? Did they quote him/her wrong?

Sorry, but bitter is not the word. . . a better description is PO'd because if teams like us and Lindale (small schools in 5A) were put at a serious disadvantage playing district games in all sports with a school that shouldn't have been in 5A, then yeah, that's wrong. Sorry if you don't like my tone . . . but you and Pack007 keep dismissing this with, "Oops our bad, nothing will come of this, can't do anything about it now, we don't have all the facts, this administrator told me we're fine, you guys are just bitter, poor things, etc..." That's why so many people on here have questioned this, not just me.

Yes, you have a great day as well!

I agree Matt.

PackAttack, no drama here. But as SBparent just said, Lufkin's own administrator is quoted saying it was faulty numbers. What high ranking admin person did you talk to? Look, I get snarky when people continue to say nothing happened, or we didn't do anything wrong, when you don't know yet. That's it. Did the LISD administrator lie to the newspaper? Did they quote him/her wrong?

Sorry, but bitter is not the word. . . a better description is PO'd because if teams like us and Lindale (small schools in 5A) were put at a serious disadvantage playing district games in all sports with a school that shouldn't have been in 5A, then yeah, that's wrong. Sorry if you don't like my tone . . . but you and Pack007 keep dismissing this with, "Oops our bad, nothing will come of this, can't do anything about it now, we don't have all the facts, this administrator told me we're fine, you guys are just bitter, poor things, etc..." That's why so many people on here have questioned this, not just me.

Yes, you have a great day as well!

This is a pretty fair assessment.

And if there was deliberate fudging of numbers then it speaks volumes about Lufkin, and the people who won't condemn their administrators for doing something unethical.

This is the same school that seats their general admission HOME fans on the visitors side. I guess to intimidate lol . They tried that #### when Ennis came to killer bee's or Aunt Bea's stadium ( whatever the name is ) in Lufkin and the Lufkin faithful went home butt hurt. Lufkin fans were loud and looking over at the Ennis fans in the 1st qtr but got pretty quiet and were not really a factor by the end of the game, heads between legs and just about walking out with their heads up their butts lol.. Ennis almost named the stadium Lion Stadium East.

Anyway great memories in Lufkin. Wish ya'll the best in 6A or 4A wherever it is ya ll maneuver yourselves into in 2016. Hey maybe if you don t count freshman and sophomore classes y all can play in 4A. If so Go Get Em !!

• Like 1

This is the same school that seats their general admission HOME fans on the visitors side. I guess to intimidate lol . They tried that #### when Ennis came to killer bee's or Aunt Bea's stadium ( whatever the name is ) in Lufkin and the Lufkin faithful went home butt hurt. Lufkin fans were loud and looking over at the Ennis fans in the 1st qtr but got pretty quiet and were not really a factor by the end of the game, heads between legs and just about walking out with their heads up their butts lol.. Ennis almost named the stadium Lion Stadium East.

Anyway great memories in Lufkin. Wish ya'll the best in 6A or 4A wherever it is ya ll maneuver yourselves into in 2016. Hey maybe if you don t count freshman and sophomore classes y all can play in 4A. If so Go Get Em !!

You must be bored, I'll bite though. As for the home fans on the visitor side, Longview and other schools do the same thing. Several schools in the pines have home fans/general section/student section on the visitor side, because the home side is season tickets and supposedly sold out. Couldn't care less about intimidating the few Ennis fans that showed up. I'm surprised that losing to most of the top schools in the pines last season and freakin Hallsville didn't knock all of that arrogance out of you.

All this idle chitt chatt and B.S. continues to go on and most forget what really happened.

A wrong was done. Either on purpose or not, something wrong was done. By a school administrator, a wrong number was turned in.

I was raised that if you have done something wrong, you man up and pay the consequence. You man up and accept the punishment. Don't sweep it under the rug or say, "That's ok, we know you didn't mean too"

No matter how big or small, you pay the price.

The fact is this, Lufkin turned in the wrong numbers. They have participated in the wrong classification. That's the FACT. To me, that's like playing an ineligible player. All wins should be taken away. UIL should have dismissed Lufkin from all playoffs when the situation first came to light.

A wrong is a wrong.

Man up, put your big boy pants on, admit to the wrong. Yes sad for the kids, but life aint perfect.

Shame on UIL for not having the intestinal fortitude for making the correct, and time sensitive decision.

Forfeit all victories the school participated in. Let Lufkin ISD decide on what to do to the person (or people) who is guilty.

To me, simple answers and solutions. oh, but wait, I am a Republican.

• Like 1

You people need to find something better to do with your life, instead of worrying about what the UIL WON'T do to us. I trust what PA said, because I know who he speaks with and how reliable they are. If the UIL was going to do something, I doubt they would wait until their next meeting in August.

This is assuming something was done wrong or a total miscommunication reported by the Lufkin News. They may be a hometown newspaper but they will hop on what they think is a hot story in a minute even if they may think it incriminating to the local school. Someone else sends an anonymous letter to the UIL and they jump on it like a hot potatoe. If anything, think about the kids and wait for final confirmation from the UIL. The UIL has made no judgment to date about this. Jacksonville? or Lindale? No interest in playing them or going there again anyway. Personally, I changed my mind about 5A after playing in it. 6A down in the Conroe/Woodlands area made us better athletically overall when were there for 10 years, although it did get tough for for us in the 1st round against those Klein/Spring schools, but the all around competition was better for us and the stadiums are much better. I just know what a board member told me last week and I have known them a long time. So I go with someone who should know, unless you want to call them at liar too. You guys have so much inside information you know. Your going off on erroneous reports and other hearsay that has been added along the way. We have already determined that Lufkin did not need to turn in Stubblefield or State Supported Living numbers after the news said we needed to count them initially. What else could be wrong about their reporting? Where are you getting your info? Still thinking about that coward that sent a letter with no return address or signature. If someone claims irrefutable and credible proof of something, stand by it and put your name on it. BY the way Coach Quick told me the same information the school board member told me. It is either the truth or a big sand box job. I choose to believe what these two people say is the truth.

Looks to me like if the UIL didn't have a special session for this or put out a statement, then it's over. Doesn't seem logical they'd wait until next school year to discuss it. But then again most things the UIL does isn't logical. But again, to me, it looks like it's over.

• Like 1

Looks to me like if the UIL didn't have a special session for this or put out a statement, then it's over. Doesn't seem logical they'd wait until next school year to discuss it. But then again most things the UIL does isn't logical. But again, to me, it looks like it's over.

UIL <-> NCAA = same ppl.

• Like 1

Calm down guy its a sports forum. Don't get so defensive. If nothing comes of it which I suspect then laugh at the haters.

I'm already laughing at them, while the softball and baseball teams continue to win. Lp!!