Why No Instrumental Music in the churches of Christ

RETIREDFAN1

We had a very good discussion on this and your other false doctrine claims today in Sunday School. You have nothing except your own prohibition you have added out of the blue to back up your claim. There is nothing in scripture that backs it up. God didn't prohibit musical instruments in church ... the COC has incorrectly added the prohibition with no scripture to back it up except some concoction that nobody believes .... God is well pleased with sweet music including instruments used to praise him ...

You will find out just who is teaching false doctrine and who is not......

I have Scripture baking me up.......

No scripture you have posted, or any other scripture you haven't posted, says anything about a prohibition on musical instruments accompanying singers in church ... that is YOUR prohibition, not God's ....

No scripture you have posted, or any other scripture you haven't posted, says anything about a prohibition on musical instruments accompanying singers in church ... that is YOUR prohibition, not God's ....

Scripture clearly shows that when God gives a specific command, it excludes all other forms or ways of doing what was commanded.......God prohibited it, not me.....I just have faith enough to believe Him and obey Him.......guess that's asking too much for some.......

Scripture clearly shows that when God gives a specific command, it excludes all other forms or ways of doing what was commanded.......God prohibited it, not me.....I just have faith enough to believe Him and obey Him.......guess that's asking too much for some.......

Scripture clearly does not prohibit musical instruments in church, YOU are the one prohibiting it, not God ....

You will find out......when you do, remember I tried........

"sing" no more prohibits musical instruments in church than "preach or share the Word" means no podiums or pulpits in church .... YOU and the COC concocted the prohibition, not God .....

"sing" no more prohibits musical instruments in church than "preach or share the Word" means no podiums or pulpits in church .... YOU and the COC concocted the prohibition, not God .....

Continue in your delusional error.......I'll continue to follow the Word of God........

Continue in your delusional error.......I'll continue to follow the Word of God........

Does the CoC allow electricity in the buildings? Can you wear Gray slacks with a blue sports coat? I don't recall scriptural permission being granted for those.

The scripture is posted above......show me just one instrument........God doesn't have to list what you can't do......when He gives a specific command, that excludes any other.........YOU have added instruments, and unless YOU can find one being used by Christians in the worship practices of the Church on earth, it is YOU who have added to Gods Word, just like your master Satan........

Telling someone to sing does not exclude instruments. Maybe if the scripture pointed out ONLY sing, I would agree with you. However, to imply that everyone is going to hell if their Church allows an instrument within its walls is just ludicrous. God was never shy about pointing out prohibitions. It's almost like the CoC is saying that God is trying to trick everyone into failure. "Ah ha!! Simon didn't say so. You're going to hell!!" That's not how it goes.

Telling someone to sing does not exclude instruments. Maybe if the scripture pointed out ONLY sing, I would agree with you. However, to imply that everyone is going to hell if their Church allows an instrument within its walls is just ludicrous. God was never shy about pointing out prohibitions. It's almost like the CoC is saying that God is trying to trick everyone into failure. "Ah ha!! Simon didn't say so. You're going to hell!!" That's not how it goes.

Exactly .... there are many things that go on in Christian churches all over America today that God didn't specifically say to do, are all of those things prohibited as well? Of course not and neither is musical instruments ....

Does the CoC allow electricity in the buildings? Can you wear Gray slacks with a blue sports coat? I don't recall scriptural permission being granted for those.

When God gives a specific command on how He wants something done, all other forms of doing what He specified is excluded.........Plenty of examples of that throughout Scripture........mock all you want.......that's what He said would happen.......

You live a clean life, you are kind to the people you meet, but you get to the gates of Heaven only to find out that you can't get in because you enjoyed instruments in church and/or listened to a female minister - even worse, you failed to condemn such sins publicly on a high school football website ... copy and paste all the scripture to your heart's desire, but I'm not accepting this premise. ;)

You live a clean life, you are kind to the people you meet, but you get to the gates of Heaven only to find out that you can't get in because you enjoyed instruments in church and/or listened to a female minister - even worse, you failed to condemn such sins publicly on a high school football website ... copy and paste all the scripture to your heart's desire, but I'm not accepting this premise. ;)

Matthew 7:21-23English Standard Version (ESV)

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’