Rusk AD Arrested

CEO

People keep blaming the search committee, but if the man has no priors, how do you expect a bunch of people in suits to be able to see into the future and how this man would act in aggression towards another person? Let alone his wife in the privacy of his own personal life....

Watch who you blame here. If the man did it, then the man alone is to blame here.

So are you saying he didn't put his hands on his wife????? or push her out of the way????????

Why would he have been arrested if one of these two things didn't occur?

Ever hear of a story about a woman filing false charges? Google it.

Irregardless, the man is innocent until proven guilty.

I've been around here 45 years and have never seen anything like this. Reminds me of the situation when Michael Haywood was hired at the University of Pittsburgh and then was fired before the season even started for domestic violence issues....although he was eventually cleared, the allegations themself have the potential of ending the coaching career.

I remember when that happened, although I don't remember its conclusion. Wikipedia says the charges were dismissed after he completed counseling and did community service, which is very different from being "cleared".

In any event, "innocent until proven guilty" constrains a jury should one ever be seated, not you or me or the police or his employer.

There no innocent until proven guilty when it comes to domestic violence anymore, in the eyes of the public. With all of the well publicized incidents by professional athletes and the no tolerance, punish now and figure it out later philosophy taken by most employers, I really don't see him having a chance.

• Like 1

So are you saying he didn't put his hands on his wife????? or push her out of the way????????

Why would he have been arrested if one of these two things didn't occur?

I agree it looks and is bad and the guy deserves whatever punishment he gets, but all the facts are not out.

Let me clarify my comments I made on page 1. I never thought he would get in this position. I know what I was told but there are three sides to this story, his side, her side and the truth. I will not pass judgment on him and before long the facts will come out. But I will say that there are many forms of physical assault, hitting is not the only one. So you can take that for what is it worth. The reason I said I think Rusk will be looking for another Ad is no matter what the outcome is, the damage is already done in the publics eye. If he is guilty then he deserves everything he gets, if he is not then you have to keep yourself out of positions that can cost you everything. The bad thing is he has two children in Rusk ISD now and they are old enough to know what is going on and they are such great kids. The talk will hurt them and that is not fair to them because they never asked for any of this. The younger ones that are still in Shepherd ISD well they can be shielded from most of it, cause they are still very young. Again the kids are the ones that are having to pay to ultimate price here.

I will stand by my comments that he is a good coach and nothing has happened like this in Shepherd. I am speaking of the arrest not what he has done in his personal life, that is still between him and his wife.

• Like 2

I've been around here 45 years and have never seen anything like this. Reminds me of the situation when Michael Haywood was hired at the University of Pittsburgh and then was fired before the season even started for domestic violence issues....although he was eventually cleared, the allegations themself have the potential of ending the coaching career.

Makes you wonder about the search firm and their credibility in choosing candidates. Hopefully the truth comes out in this situation, but Rusk has to make some decisions by Monday morning on which direction they intend to go for the purpose of the kids and that athletic program.

Prayers to all involved!

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/mike-haywood-texas-southern-tigers-pitt-panthers-notre-dame-fighting-irish-012716

"According to a report obtained by WNDU, police were called when Haywood became involved in a physical altercation with the mother of his then-21-month-old son. Haywood told police at the time that he'd touched the woman in an attempt to keep her from leaving the house with their child following an argument, accidentally causing her to fall to the ground."

He would have been better off calling the police to report a kidnapping.

• Like 1

Man committee really looks for guys with character! What a joke.

The biggest joke! Why schools waste their $ on that search firm garbage blows my mind. When a school hires that search firm, that just tells me the folks in charge of hiring a guy have zero confidence in what they're doing
  • Like 2

The biggest joke! Why schools waste their $ on that search firm garbage blows my mind. When a school hires that search firm, that just tells me the folks in charge of hiring a guy have zero confidence in what they're doing

If you had a cush job as an administrator at a school or if you wanted to keep your power as a school board member you would pay a search committee too. Now all you gotta do is pass the buck and still not worry about your job.