I'm Feelin' It ...

KirtFalcon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One stormy summer night in 1977 or ‘78, Some of us went to Longview, Texas to see Gary Stewart’s show... Longview was under a tornado warning, so the crowd was only about 30 or so people. Stewart comes out in a pair of blue jeans & a greasy blue shirt; he looked like he had been working underneath his tour bus... He looked around at the small group of people & said, “ Well, there aren’t many of you here tonight, but y’all paid  to see a show, so you’re going to get one!”  He & his band played just like the place was standing room only! It was something I’ll never forget, that’s for sure!

• Like 1

The year was 1969, I was 10 years old, & Dad took us to Huntsville,Texas to the Prison Rodeo where we saw Murderers, Rapists, Thieves & Robbers riding bucking stock for a break from being locked up behind bars.
They took a break & into the arena came a big diesel truck pulling a Lowboy trailer with a white grand piano ; & on the stool behind that piano was a killer, and That Killer’s name was Jerry Lee Lewis... he looked very much like this album cover. That was my very first time to watch a  live show by a Big Time Artist. “The Killer” played that piano to pieces; Literally! 

• Like 2