Lindale Coaching Changes

I don't totally agree but I understand your point of view. Give me a coordinator that stays gap sound and coaches technique focused on stance and starts, hand placement and fits. The worst coordinators are trying to dial up blitzes and stunts all the time. The best defenses I have ever coached we almost exclusively went on automatics, call a blitz or stunt in thirds and fourths situationally. Other than that line up gap sound to the formation and auto adjustments per alignments of receivers and backfield. Typically when you do that you stay true to the data and don't "coordinate" your way out of a game.

• Like 2

Ennis, Corsicana and Nacogdoches are no slouches. They will be playing for 4th with Whitehouse and Jacksonville.

True, just like they did last year. However, last year I believe the entire district went out in the first round (maybe 1 of them made the second round). The year before that, I know Ennis won the State Champ and JT lost in the Semifinals. Pretty big difference in competition from one year to the next.

Isn't Randy McFarlin's son on (defensive) staff at Lindale? Just saying....

This would make more sense than someone coming back? I was hoping Randy would have gotten the Lee job this year. I'm sure his son is probably a good coach, coming from his background. He will have a really good one (his dad) to draw some knowledge from if needed. I know a lot of people are still mad he is not in W.house anymore. That change has worked out well for them, haha.

This would make more sense than someone coming back? I was hoping Randy would have gotten the Lee job this year. I'm sure his son is probably a good coach, coming from his background. He will have a really good one (his dad) to draw some knowledge from if needed. I know a lot of people are still mad he is not in W.house anymore. That change has worked out well for them, haha.

Lee would have been in a really good place with him at the helm. Don't know much of the recent guy, or the new guy, but everyone knows Coach McFarlin's track record. As for his son, I can only assume it runs in the genes. Be interesting to see what happens. As for Whitehouse, I know that is an extremely sore subject. haha!

• Like 1

It was announced last week to the team that Coach McFarlin was going to be the DC. Great move. From information I have heard, he did a lot of the game planning and adjustments last year.

I know the defense has been flying around in practice this week.

Good luck to Coach McFarlin. I know his dad was a heck of a defensive coach, so I'm sure he has a great mentor in him to learn from. And if what gostwriter said is true,that he did a lot of the game planning and adjustments this last year, then I'm sure Lindale will be just fine.

It was announced last week to the team that Coach McFarlin was going to be the DC. Great move. From information I have heard, he did a lot of the game planning and adjustments last year.

I know the defense has been flying around in practice this week.

Congratulations to Coach McFarlin. I would not be surprised with his lineage and background if he actually did a lot of it behind the scenes. Just hope maybe they can do well without the level of talent they had last year.

Just got wind that Lindale's DC (Cochran) was staying in Lindale and McFarlin will stay on staff as Co-Defensive Coordinator. Not sure how truthful this is, but Belton is "currently looking to hire the right candidate to be 2016-2017 Defensive Coordinator".

Good luck to Coach McFarlin. I know his dad was a heck of a defensive coach, so I'm sure he has a great mentor in him to learn from. And if what gostwriter said is true,that he did a lot of the game planning and adjustments this last year, then I'm sure Lindale will be just fine.

I like Coach McFarlin always been a good guy but at the end of the day they are still Lindale. Looking to finish 4th this year so we shall see,

Just got wind that Lindale's DC (Cochran) was staying in Lindale and McFarlin will stay on staff as Co-Defensive Coordinator. Not sure how truthful this is, but Belton is "currently looking to hire the right candidate to be 2016-2017 Defensive Coordinator".

Well that is interesting. What happened with him going to Belton?

Well that is interesting. What happened with him going to Belton?

Not real sure. Got more confirmation that all information posted earlier is true, and that they just hired the guy that was DC at Commerce High last year. That means they have 3 guys that have been DCs (Cochran, Rozell from Commerce, and Ryzman who is the D-line coach), and Craig McFarlin (whose resume far exceeds his name; and who could be a DC at any time) on Defensive staff. That strategy room on Saturdays has got to be getting work done!

Not real sure. Got more confirmation that all information posted earlier is true, and that they just hired the guy that was DC at Commerce High last year. That means they have 3 guys that have been DCs (Cochran, Rozell from Commerce, and Ryzman who is the D-line coach), and Craig McFarlin (whose resume far exceeds his name; and who could be a DC at any time) on Defensive staff. That strategy room on Saturdays has got to be getting work done!

Wow. Well sounds like they should be doing big things on defense next year in Lindale with all that coaching history.

Haven't heard anything about him, so I assume so. Checked Lindale's website and THSCA today and nothing was posted about that job being open. However, he does have a wife that is a principal at an elementary school in Lindale and a close friend of mine who has children in Bullard said they just hired a principal away from Lindale; just not sure who.

Haven't heard anything about him, so I assume so. Checked Lindale's website and THSCA today and nothing was posted about that job being open. However, he does have a wife that is a principal at an elementary school in Lindale and a close friend of mine who has children in Bullard said they just hired a principal away from Lindale; just not sure who.

The wife of the basketball coach is the one that just got hired in Bullard, but as far as I know coach Albritton is still at Lindale.

Haven't heard anything about the basketball coach, but that would make sense if his wife is going to Bullard.

One of our offensive line coaches has left to go to ETBU as an assistant. But I haven't heard if they have filled that position yet or not.