Spring Football 2016

AreaScout

Marshall is finishing up their first week of spring drills today.

Reports have been good. Kids seem fired up and hungry. I guess that 11-2 season last year whetted their appetite.

I know we really only had 3 "down seasons" (2011, 12, 13) but it felt like 30 seasons...... and it's good to be optimistic and upbeat again.

Good things happening in M-town right now. On and off the field for MISD.

• Like 1

MP is skipping spring ball for 7 on 7 league and extra scrimmage against LE according to my sources. With a incoming Soph QB 7 on 7 might help the learning curve a little more for the passing game. MP is returning the entire Oline and RB's from last year a long with the WR's too.

I think Jacksonville will be improved this year.

Of course, you can't really tell that much from a spring game. You're going against your own team who you see everyday in practice and for the most part ypu have the same kind of kids athletic wise. And you better hope your offense isn't significantly stronger than your defense (or the other way around) in the spring game. That may be a bad sign for your regular season.

I think Jacksonville will be improved this year.

Of course, you can't really tell that much from a spring game. You're going against your own team who you see everyday in practice and for the most part ypu have the same kind of kids athletic wise. And you better hope your offense isn't significantly stronger than your defense (or the other way around) in the spring game. That may be a bad sign for your regular season.

Very true, on both accounts. J'ville has some players coming back, especially the QB.