School-based fitness changes are lost during the summer vacation.

Coach Rab

I played baseball every summer, until I was too old. Went swimming almost every day, except for game days. Rode my bicycle to friends houses that lived over 5 miles away, where we were playing baseball or football once preseason started in the NFL. Ran at least a mile everyday to be ready for baseball and football season. Went to the field house to lift weights starting in the latter part of July to get ready for football season. Hiked to various ponds to go fishing.

I don't know what kids do today, because I don't see them on the streets or at the parks like it used to be. I'll see them occasionally at the pool our HOA has, but it seems like they're splashing more than they are swimming. I think they're more interested in their video games than anything else.

I played baseball every summer, until I was too old. Went swimming almost every day, except for game days. Rode my bicycle to friends houses that lived over 5 miles away, where we were playing baseball or football once preseason started in the NFL. Ran at least a mile everyday to be ready for baseball and football season. Went to the field house to lift weights starting in the latter part of July to get ready for football season. Hiked to various ponds to go fishing.

I don't know what kids do today, because I don't see them on the streets or at the parks like it used to be. I'll see them occasionally at the pool our HOA has, but it seems like they're splashing more than they are swimming. I think they're more interested in their video games than anything else.

Bingo ... most of them aren't acclimated to the outdoor heat and humidity these days ... you see a lot more asthma and allergies too ...

Bingo ... most of them aren't acclimated to the outdoor heat and humidity these days ... you see a lot more asthma and allergies too ...

Exactly......when you haul hay (square bales) all summer, two a days is a relief........

• 2 months later...

Exactly......when you haul hay (square bales) all summer, two a days is a relief........

Fan....EXACTLY!!!!!!!....use to haul hay up in the Panhandle for a NICKLE a bale!!!!!!....we didn't have to lift weights!!!!!!!!....picking up bales....slinging up on the truck....well let's see...powercleans...ALL DAY!!!!....yes yes...football 2 a days was RELIEF from Hauling hay!!!!!!...."but I made sooo much money!!!!..on a good day could stack between 600-700 bales a day...that comes to a whopping....$30-35 a day.....and we keep saying wish we lived back in the "good ol days"!!!

Talking about getting acclimaterd to summer heat......as soon as school was out for the summer...mom would Kick us out of the house at 7 am and we were NOT allowed into the house until atleast 6-7 at night.....drank water from a garden hose and by the end of the summer we looked like we needed to head "south of the border" instead of stay in the Panhandle of Texas....

Fan....EXACTLY!!!!!!!....use to haul hay up in the Panhandle for a NICKLE a bale!!!!!!....we didn't have to lift weights!!!!!!!!....picking up bales....slinging up on the truck....well let's see...powercleans...ALL DAY!!!!....yes yes...football 2 a days was RELIEF from Hauling hay!!!!!!...."but I made sooo much money!!!!..on a good day could stack between 600-700 bales a day...that comes to a whopping....$30-35 a day.....and we keep saying wish we lived back in the "good ol days"!!!

Talking about getting acclimaterd to summer heat......as soon as school was out for the summer...mom would Kick us out of the house at 7 am and we were NOT allowed into the house until atleast 6-7 at night.....drank water from a garden hose and by the end of the summer we looked like we needed to head "south of the border" instead of stay in the Panhandle of Texas....

And let's not forget to mention those "bonus fire ants" that rained down on you when you lifted those square bales over your head to throw them up to the guy doing the stacking!😳