Is This Over The Top? Justifiable As Kids Being Kids?

Stoney

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/8th-grader-running-man-challenge-bat-flip-home-run

The video is in the link towards the middle. Kid hits a home run. Proceeds to launch his bat halfway to the dugout. Points apparently to his proud Mama and Daddy and dances towards first base. The kid happens to be an 8th grader according to some reports. What's y'alls take on the line between celebrating and acting a fool?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/8th-grader-running-man-challenge-bat-flip-home-run

The video is in the link towards the middle. Kid hits a home run. Proceeds to launch his bat halfway to the dugout. Points apparently to his proud Mama and Daddy and dances towards first base. The kid happens to be an 8th grader according to some reports. What's y'alls take on the line between celebrating and acting a fool?

I'd have got my butt beat if I acted like that.......

• Like 2

High and tight his next at bat.

He would definitely get brushed back his next at bat.

Because that is what we want to teach our kids. That is how he should be punished. You probably also enjoy all the play that Odor has been getting in the media (you probably just went and youtubed the video again and smiled because batista deserved it!)

My son hit a lot of homeruns and he never once did ANYTHING that would have embarrassed his school, the other team his parents or himself...because he was raised that way. He KNEW what would have happened. Parents are to busy being their kids friend instead of being parents today...the sad thing is kids WANT to be disciplined, they want to know there is a line they better not cross. They respect those that give them that discipline and end up hating their parents who refuse to do their job. Sad

• Like 1

We had coaches drill in our heads that when you scored a basket, hit a homer or scored a TD to act like you been there before. You don't show up an opponent. As far as Odor, he's the example of what happens when you show off at the Pro level. George Teague laid out TO for standing on the star at Texas Stadium. You have the right to act a fool. You also have a right to the repercussions.

We had coaches drill in our heads that when you scored a basket, hit a homer or scored a TD to act like you been there before. You don't show up an opponent. As far as Odor, he's the example of what happens when you show off at the Pro level. George Teague laid out TO for standing on the star at Texas Stadium. You have the right to act a fool. You also have a right to the repercussions.

Because Odor has NEVER done anything wrong. Ha, he was mad at a hard slide (something he does too) not a stupid bat flip from last season.

Buncha crusty old men on this thread. "back in my day...." "my kid would never do that because he knows what would happen...."

yes todays' generation is a complete 180° from my generation. Even doe we did cabbage patch after a dunk...lol

You have to respect the game. Which is why you run out fly balls or ground balls. Just hit the home run and run the bases.

You have to respect the game. Which is why you run out fly balls or ground balls. Just hit the home run and run the bases.

Because Odor has NEVER done anything wrong. Ha, he was mad at a hard slide (something he does too) not a stupid bat flip from last season.

Not a hard slide, a late slide, big difference. And yes, Batista deserved it. Please God don't millenialize baseball. If that was my kid, he would've never made it to first base before I choke slammed him. Sorry if it hurts

• Like 1

I don't mind a celebratory bat flips (if they're moderate) with big hits or watching the ball leave the field, but this was gay and stupid. I don't mind touchdown celebrations if they're good. This was simply going overboard. I'm not sure if this was a Pony League game or one of the new premier league teams, but if I went to school with this kid, he would have been ostracized.

• Like 1

Buncha crusty old men on this thread. "back in my day...." "my kid would never do that because he knows what would happen...."

Scat....yes I am old...yes I am crusty and YES I believe in respect for the game.....seems that "others" on this thread don't quite understand that the reason why we do what we do is out of respect...respect of the game...respect we had for our parents, school, opponent and the "rule enforcer" of the game(umpire, referee)....may be old fashion but that's the way I am....and yes I still coach and yes it's younger kids now (JH) and YES my "urban ghetto"children say YES SIR NO SIR and NO they do NOT celebrate.....well if you don't count an occasional chest/shoulder bump after a decleater...or a 2nd effort run or a good defensive stand.....sorry this video got under my skin....and there's alot of skin to get under!!!!!!!