Marshall getting new scoreboard/video replay screen

Mavchamp

Thanks to corporate sponsors throughout the city and a very generous donation by a Maverick Booster...... Maverick Stadium will have a new scoreboard and video replay board installed this summer. Apparently it will be similar to the set up at Pine Tree ISD stadium.

A great upgrade that won't cost taxpayers a dime.

I know several other upgrades for the stadium are on the list, but may still be in the works. More news as it comes.

• Like 1

Must be sweet to have such generous boosters...some schools can't get their alumni/boosters to do hardly anything...congrats Mavericks.

Marshall barely got new schools built.

This is the effort of a few wealthy people an businesses in the community. The people of marshall would flip if it cost them 20 cents each to improve their schools or town :D.

I just went to marshall a week ago and the state of some of the businesses on the 2 main roads of Marshall is pathetic... And if Marshall adds 1 more donut shop or dollar store.........

This is the effort of a few wealthy people an businesses in the community. The people of marshall would flip if it cost them 20 cents each to improve their schools or town :D.

I just went to marshall a week ago and the state of some of the businesses on the 2 main roads of Marshall is pathetic... And if Marshall adds 1 more donut shop or dollar store.........

This is true...school funding for many districts is bad...you have so many with a very low tax base and those that have in their tax base such things as oil/gas, lignite, wood fired electrical plants, etc...but if a school attempts to have a bond to improve facilities so many balk at it.

LMAO.....come on now....don't be TOOOOO harsh..... the donut shop and dollar store epidemic isn't special to just Marshall.... it's an ALL East Texas thing. No matter how big or small the town is. Even Hallsville has at least 2 a piece within a couple of blocks of each other.

Same with bonds to build new schools. While bonds pass with ease in the metro areas of Texas..... in East Texas very few districts can get them to pass at all OR it takes multiple attempts to get them to pass. The fact we got such a huge one passed in just 2 tries speaks volumes really.

As far as the Mav boosters go..... Marshall is very lucky. They take very good care of the program. Of course winning has helped tremendously. But even in those lean years (2011-2013) the boosters never let the program go without something they needed.

Very excited about the new scoreboard. Can't wait to see it.

I know coach Harper has a wish list for Maverick Stadium. Would love to see his vision come to pass. It's a doozy.

LMAO.....come on now....don't be TOOOOO harsh..... the donut shop and dollar store epidemic isn't special to just Marshall.... it's an ALL East Texas thing. No matter how big or small the town is. Even Hallsville has at least 2 a piece within a couple of blocks of each other.

Same with bonds to build new schools. While bonds pass with ease in the metro areas of Texas..... in East Texas very few districts can get them to pass at all OR it takes multiple attempts to get them to pass. The fact we got such a huge one passed in just 2 tries speaks volumes really.

As far as the Mav boosters go..... Marshall is very lucky. They take very good care of the program. Of course winning has helped tremendously. But even in those lean years (2011-2013) the boosters never let the program go without something they needed.

Very excited about the new scoreboard. Can't wait to see it.

I know coach Harper has a wish list for Maverick Stadium. Would love to see his vision come to pass. It's a doozy.

I just laugh because when I do make my trips to Marshall, my mother is usually like "You should try the new chicken restaurant." Or "the new donut shop next to the laundrymat is great."

So hint to new business owners coming to Marshall, avoid anything we already have 2 of, and make sure your most expensive meal is under $10 :D

However, I will say this... my dad was mad about some of the bond election stuff too. Mostly, because the home ownership is relatively low compared to the dollar amount of the bond. Which he has to pay that tax with each property he owns... So his house, 5 laundrymats, 2 rental properties, and a duplex complex... He may own some other stuff too, but he doesn't really take home that much from all of that due to his cancer treatment cost OOP expenses...

I still made him vote yes... I told him that he has 2 grandsons in those old broken down elementary schools and one of them headed to the Jr High in 2 years... He did not want him to go to that broken down prison camp in the worst part of Marshall like I had to...

Well when you leave the scoreboard on for a whole week...you're bound to need a new one lol

LMAO. SO exaggerated from the truth.

I KNEW that was coming from someone.......

LMAO. SO exaggerated from the truth.

I KNEW that was coming from someone.......

nawl man you know I'm jus being messy. Congrats on the video board. Look foward to another exciting game like this past season. That's what Marshall/Longview games should look like

Well when you leave the scoreboard on for a whole week...you're bound to need a new one lol

Did they really do that?

Even if they did, I wouldn't blame them- they earned it. The same way I wish we'd have left 31-24 on the board even after the season ended when we FINALLY beat Lufkin in 2007.

They left it on for the weekend.

LOL....NOT TRUE!!!

It was left on all Friday night until Saturday morning when the guys reported for meetings.

Little league football uses the stadium on Saturdays.

When you ask for bonds of more that 100 million dollars in a town the size of Marshall, not going to be easy. Has zero to do with not wanting to improve the schools.

When you ask for bonds of more that 100 million dollars in a town the size of Marshall, not going to be easy. Has zero to do with not wanting to improve the schools.

The real problem with Marshall is that the people that own property and being taxed with these bonds are the same people that vote... There is too much to go into with the town's demographics and the value of the town's appearance to get into on here. It has always been a problem for the town of Marshall. I love the town, but we can barely get a budget for minor aesthetic changes to make the town more appealing.

• 2 weeks later...

MISD approved the new video board for $407,000

It will be a 21' X 36" Daktronic board. The Mav booster club is paying for a bulk of it through private donations and advertisements that will be shown on the board. A generous donation by a long time Maverick fan is making this possible. His name has not been made public yet.

Installation is expected to be complete in time for the home opener on September 2nd.

Saw where Hallsville is looking to get one as well..... that will mean 4 of them in 16-5A (Marshall, PT, Texas High, Hallsville).