David Collins

Dawgman

That's really sad.

Collins gave PT their biggest improvement in a decade..... I was expecting them to challenge MP for the #4 spot. Not sure that happens now UNLESS they manage to hire within.

But if they don't... and they scrap everything AGAIN.... PT is back to ground zero having to learn yet another system.

Wowzers is right.

Another 0-10 or 1-9 season could be on the horizon if that's the case.

sad situation...it's almost July. smh.

I know how difficult it was to experience just THREE seasons of that 2011-2013. I can't fathom what that must feel like perpetually.

They open with Longview and may have a whole new staff?? Hioe the administration figures out something fast. Im sure the kids in the program are not happy especially this close to the beginning of the season. It will be a huge leadership challenge for the new HC, especially if the hire is from outside and a new staff.

Didn't they do spring ball? That extra week could be huge in August.

Not sure if they did spring ball or not. But if they did, that's a HUGE blow for the new coach (unless they hire someone already on staff...) anyone know if the coordinators are going or staying? You'd got to think they'd prefer to hire from within his late.

As a PT Grad, I really hate this for them. I really thought he was doing a good job. PT just can't get any traction.

The crazy part is that it was clear to everyone that he was doing a was job with what he inherited. So why did he leave for a job that most people say isn't a better situation? There's something deeper here.

I heard he was only allowed to take 1 Coach with him. Not sure if Pearce only had 1 additional spot open or if Pine Tree would only let him take one.

I would imagine Pearce only had 1 spot open right now. I don't think there is much PT can do to make anyone stay right now. You have a certain number of days before school starts to get out of your co contract (30 maybe?) And that day is in July. I'd imagine if Pearce has some more coaches resign, more will follow him. But really, that's good news for PT. Means only 1 of his coordinators can go right now. So maybe PT can hire the other to take over...