Tim Duncan Announces Retirement

Stoney

I've always liked Tim Duncan, and what he brought to the Spurs. I realize that it's late in his career, and maybe the wear and tear got to him. I still think he was a solid role player that could help the Spurs out. He will be missed on the court, and always remembered as the team player that he was. I figured he had at least two more years left in him. I suppose he felt otherwise.

I've always liked Tim Duncan, and what he brought to the Spurs. I realize that it's late in his career, and maybe the wear and tear got to him. I still think he was a solid role player that could help the Spurs out. He will be missed on the court, and always remembered as the team player that he was. I figured he had at least two more years left in him. I suppose he felt otherwise.

How many millions is the wear and tear on his body worth? I'm guessing he knows now is a good time to quit while he still has most of his health.

How many millions is the wear and tear on his body worth? I'm guessing he knows now is a good time to quit while he still has most of his health.

He's was still a solid role player, and it never hurts to add to the retirement fund. The Spurs are still a playoff contender, and it wouldn't hurt to go out with another ring. I can't blame him for retiring, but I wouldn't blame him for staying because of his style of play.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...