Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

They brought up Baseball. And you are right about one thing. As of late Dfield don't compare well with HS. And of late is all that counts. Now, you need to get serious about the mental issues.Call Ed and set up an appointment. Whatever happened between you guys can't be that bad. He is a great guy. Stop making a fool of yourself attempting to trash a good staff. Just go up to the fieldhouse and hug it out :). You may get lucky, I hear there's a janitor spot open at the JH campus.

I hear Waskom has a few janitor positions open as well

• Like 1

As of late Dfield don't compare well with HS. And of late is all that counts.

That strips you of any credibility at all. If it were true DF 83 would not still be considered the greatest team of all time and developing more debate than any other team ever. Every game ever played is history. Some programs have become iconic, some not. A couple of years up or down, does not change that.

• Like 1

That strips you of any credibility at all. If it were true DF 83 would not still be considered the greatest team of all time and developing more debate than any other team ever. Every game ever played is history. Some programs have become iconic, some not. A couple of years up or down, does not change that.

HS said of late..... You go back to '83.... How in the world does a championship in 1983, much less 2008 or 2009 help the team THIS year???

The kids on the team in 2009 aren't on this years team, the coaches are gone. Trophies don't play the games.

Yes having the trophies is great, makes history, and I'm not taking anything away from DF, they are in many regards the standard bearer for football in NE Texas, and if HS wins this game, man oh man, can you imagine how HS will be crowing!!!!

With that said, let's focus on this year, and this team, and quit brining up the history, when it doesn't do any good to help with a discussion about football THIS year!!

Good day!!

Nah..................History defines each of us. The memory of this years HS/DF game will be short lived. However the picture in the lower LH corner out of the 69 DHS annual during our 68 run has lasted ..............almost 50 years. Now we just offer lip service.

08-03-2016 09;49;47AM.JPG

HS said of late..... You go back to '83.... How in the world does a championship in 1983, much less 2008 or 2009 help the team THIS year???

The kids on the team in 2009 aren't on this years team, the coaches are gone. Trophies don't play the games.

Yes having the trophies is great, makes history, and I'm not taking anything away from DF, they are in many regards the standard bearer for football in NE Texas, and if HS wins this game, man oh man, can you imagine how HS will be crowing!!!!

With that said, let's focus on this year, and this team, and quit brining up the history, when it doesn't do any good to help with a discussion about football THIS year!!

Good day!!

Plz explain how this year is "yalls" year to beat us???? I've heard the hype from hs fans for years and in all honesty what have yall proven? Nothing more than a mediocre football program. You get on here and try to hype up something that won't ever be. Its comical to say the least. But I'm proud of you for continually trying to promote something that isn't there. Keep up the good work... lol

Show me where exactly I stated that this year would be the year that HS wins?? never did I say that, I said, if HS wins, can you imagine........ just look back please.....

If there is a year that HS and DF are not that far apart from eachother , this may be the year.... not taking anything away from HS but there have been some years where DF was pretty salty... the last couple not so much... that's not bashing DF, record kinds proves that.....

As for living in the past and living on hope, both are about the same, one might argue...

Dfield is no where near the caliber they were a few years ago. While hs is consistent. Dfield may be fast but they will be sucking wind second quarter, while hs will be upright and still running right at you. Just because hs switched to the spread they will still be a run heavy team. hs will win this one in a slug fest.

Sucking wind second quarter. Daingerfield out of shape. How do you come up with that. Daingerfield is not happy with consistent, hughes springs as you say, must be.we have been down for a couple of years. But you can't win state every year. Daingerfield reloads, hughes springs just wants to be consistently playing .500 ball.

Show me where exactly I stated that this year would be the year that HS wins?? never did I say that, I said, if HS wins, can you imagine........ just look back please.....

If there is a year that HS and DF are not that far apart from eachother , this may be the year.... not taking anything away from HS but there have been some years where DF was pretty salty... the last couple not so much... that's not bashing DF, record kinds proves that.....

As for living in the past and living on hope, both are about the same, one might argue...

1 bad year 2 years ago 1-9 we got that. Last year 5-7 bowed out in the 2nd rd against a solid team in Sunnyvale. I get it we had a couple of dwn years but if u look at the pre-season of doom we had those 2 years you would have been lucky to get out alive. I mean GW Gilmer Atl Henderson in a 4 week time span is by far the toughest preseason schedule u could find in Texas. HS has never scheduled teams like this because they couldn't compete with them. DF competes with the best most years. Andn yeah I go watch HS play when we are on a bye or we don't play the same day. I'm a football fan that's what I do!!!! I seen many HS fans at our games through our State Championship runs.... so call the kettle black if u want but we run the East around here.

Dfield is no where near the caliber they were a few years ago. While hs is consistent. Dfield may be fast but they will be sucking wind second quarter, while hs will be upright and still running right at you. Just because hs switched to the spread they will still be a run heavy team. hs will win this one in a slug fest.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1-9,5-7, and then this year realizing that they are just a middle of the road program with rich history. This new coach will be one and done after going down in history as the "one" that let HS beat Dfield. Just be sure y'all show up for your crow instead of whining about your coach like the last 2yrs.

1-9,5-7, and then this year realizing that they are just a middle of the road program with rich history. This new coach will be one and done after going down in history as the "one" that let HS beat Dfield. Just be sure y'all show up for your crow instead of whining about your coach like the last 2yrs.

Not happenin lol