Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

When was the last time Hughes Springs beat Daingerfield? But yet every time they get to play each other, there's always someone from HS bumping about how they're going to Molly Whop Dfield because of a down year or 2. This has been going back to the 80's and then boom,bang,Bing, bam....it's over for HS.This has been y'all battle cry for years. If I was A HS homer, I would just be quiet until it actually happens. I'm just saying.

When was the last time Hughes Springs beat Daingerfield? But yet every time they get to play each other, there's always someone from HS bumping about how they're going to Molly Whop Dfield because of a down year or 2. This has been going back to the 80's and then boom,bang,Bing, bam....it's over for HS.This has been y'all battle cry for years. If I was A HS homer, I would just be quiet until it actually happens. I'm just saying.

+1000

I heard yall argue about who is better than who for awhile now I just have 1 question if it's so great to be a tiger why are all your kids moving to hs before long yall will be like linden and playing cumby and Detroit just a matter of time and if you will go back to your memory bank the last 2 state championships were won with quite a few kids that their parents went to hs.

1 bad year 2 years ago 1-9 we got that. Last year 5-7 bowed out in the 2nd rd against a solid team in Sunnyvale. I get it we had a couple of dwn years but if u look at the pre-season of doom we had those 2 years you would have been lucky to get out alive. I mean GW Gilmer Atl Henderson in a 4 week time span is by far the toughest preseason schedule u could find in Texas. HS has never scheduled teams like this because they couldn't compete with them. DF competes with the best most years. Andn yeah I go watch HS play when we are on a bye or we don't play the same day. I'm a football fan that's what I do!!!! I seen many HS fans at our games through our State Championship runs.... so call the kettle black if u want but we run the East around here.

You see HS fans at DF games, and vise versa.... Don't get it twisted...

And I would say Wsskom has been running things lately.... So pump your brakes homey!!!

You see HS fans at DF games, and vise versa.... Don't get it twisted...

And I would say Wsskom has been running things lately.... So pump your brakes homey!!!

waskom has had it the past 2 years no doubt. We're a different breed "homey" way different than those 6 miles away from us.

So if we lose against hughes springs we should let our coach go. Why, because hughes springs is such a football team with no tradition, and considered a team anyone should beat. 6x

Hell you already lost to every team in the weakest district in the state the last 2yrs. If y'all beat HS you folks should name a street after him. Carterville could put together a team with Douglasville and beat y'all by 21. Them glory days of living off them rusty trophies is over. Y'all just another team who can't seem to hit .500 anymore. And was prolly better last year than this year. At least that's what most Dfield folks is telling me. :)

Hell you already lost to every team in the weakest district in the state the last 2yrs. If y'all beat HS you folks should name a street after him. Carterville could put together a team with Douglasville and beat y'all by 21. Them glory days of living off them rusty trophies is over. Y'all just another team who can't seem to hit .500 anymore. And was prolly better last year than this year. At least that's what most Dfield folks is telling me. :)

That info is probably coming from those "transfers"

Are these h s fans serious, h s have NEVER done anything in football. What makes you think this year is any different. And at least we have 6 rusty trophies, you have what?

exactly what I've been trying to get at but they have hope. I dnt knw how much they'll have left after the 25th tho

Those rusty trophies do what? sit there and talk ####?? oh no, wait that's the people who cling to their championships and use that as their crutch.....

Be proud of the championships, I have no problem with that, but even a blind person can understand that those trophies don't help you win games in the here and now.

They might have gotten the pretty turf field, that DF taxpayers will be paying for, for what 20 years??

I would hang my braggin on the field over the rusty trophies, because at least the field can make some money, ie. playoff games. Those trophies don't.

If you say HS has never done anything in football, and your only measurement of anything is a championship then, yeah HS hasn't done anything, but then so has 90% of the schools in Texas.

You don't see HS constantly bragging about the achievements in baseball, academics, FFA, One Act Play, etc.... or going to state tournament (baseball) and all, being in the playoffs every year. Stomping a mud hole on DF EVERY year!!

So perspective is something good to have.

Those rusty trophies do what? sit there and talk ####?? oh no, wait that's the people who cling to their championships and use that as their crutch.....

Be proud of the championships, I have no problem with that, but even a blind person can understand that those trophies don't help you win games in the here and now.

They might have gotten the pretty turf field, that DF taxpayers will be paying for, for what 20 years??

I would hang my braggin on the field over the rusty trophies, because at least the field can make some money, ie. playoff games. Those trophies don't.

If you say HS has never done anything in football, and your only measurement of anything is a championship then, yeah HS hasn't done anything, but then so has 90% of the schools in Texas.

You don't see HS constantly bragging about the achievements in baseball, academics, FFA, One Act Play, etc.... or going to state tournament (baseball) and all, being in the playoffs every year. Stomping a mud hole on DF EVERY year!!

So perspective is something good to have.

Maybe u dnt brag but numerous fans from hs brag about baseball and really one act play smh come on dude...We #### at baseball of late. This isn't about baseball for the last time! This is a football thread not a baseball forum. Your time will come to brag in the baseball team yall have. Give it time my man.

One act play, are you kidding me, in a sports forum. That just proves the point that h s is and never will be anything than a .500 program. Maybe not even .500 they will 0 and 2 after Arp beats them the second week. Question? Has h s ever been even to Regional finals in football?

One act play, are you kidding me, in a sports forum. That just proves the point that h s is and never will be anything than a .500 program. Maybe not even .500 they will 0 and 2 after Arp beats them the second week. Question? Has h s ever been even to Regional finals in football?

Dont start asking question now because apparently you're a know it all but without doing alot of research 2012 and 1991 comes to mind.