Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

One act play, are you kidding me, in a sports forum. That just proves the point that h s is and never will be anything than a .500 program. Maybe not even .500 they will 0 and 2 after Arp beats them the second week. Question? Has h s ever been even to Regional finals in football?

i was making a point that HS is not just a school that is concerned with sports. We excel in sports but other things as well. Time and attention is given to all kids that go to this school!!!

I like the idea of a school that will allow my child to excel in acting, or dance, or tennis, or whatever sport or activity she chooses, rather than have only one sport that everyone and anyone pays any attention to.

yeah its a football forum, thanks genius, i didn't notice!!

Hold onto that coat tail as long as you can, it will start to rip on day!!

i was making a point that HS is not just a school that is concerned with sports. We excel in sports but other things as well. Time and attention is given to all kids that go to this school!!!

I like the idea of a school that will allow my child to excel in acting, or dance, or tennis, or whatever sport or activity she chooses, rather than have only one sport that everyone and anyone pays any attention to.

yeah its a football forum, thanks genius, i didn't notice!!

Hold onto that coat tail as long as you can, it will start to rip on day!!

one *

I heard yall argue about who is better than who for awhile now I just have 1 question if it's so great to be a tiger why are all your kids moving to hs before long yall will be like linden and playing cumby and Detroit just a matter of time and if you will go back to your memory bank the last 2 state championships were won with quite a few kids that their parents went to hs.

I guess nobody wants to answer!!

Yeah we don't do to well running long distance lol don't forget on the mile relay we were ahead by 40 yards when we got the last handoff and Mims pulled a hamstring but congrats on winning district in track.

Could,shoulda,woulda......excuses are like.....nevermind.Thanks for the congrats.

I'm so glad I got on smoaky this year. It was hard reading comments before and not being able to say anything.

I been reading your comments and you still haven't contributed anything of value. I bet you make the fine folks of Daingerfield proud.

Mustang4life, let me repeat this is a football forum. I do congratulate you on the accomplishmen's you noted. I believe there is alot of envy in daingerfield success in football. But maybe one day you can put a sign up saying STATE CHAMPS. Not realistic,but you can always hope

sad to say but people need to be worried about the hornets. With Johnson and Estell both committed to Division 1 schools are returning. Both are a nice pair. Best ive seen around in a long time. Younger estell has d1 talent just not the size. He is still a threat

Mustang4life, let me repeat this is a football forum. I do congratulate you on the accomplishmen's you noted. I believe there is alot of envy in daingerfield success in football. But maybe one day you can put a sign up saying STATE CHAMPS. Not realistic,but you can always hope

STATE CHAMPS.... does winning a state title help the majority of the high school kids and their future?? Remember the whole purpose for high school is for them to get an education right?

Yes, winning is awesome, but so is having a child that is literate and can be a functioning member of society, not someone who needs to have everything handed to them!!!

Football forum, yes, a place to pound your collective chests about previous state championships, yes, but also a place where people who have benefited from said education and live an adult life where 100% of the people on this website aren't playing a lick of sports!!!

But looking at your post...... accomplishmen's...... maybe you should have stayed in class a little more..... LOL

• Like 1

Waskom will be in "Beast mode" as long as they are able to hang onto Keeling. In East Texas for the most part we all have the same demographics. It comes down to coaching. He has proven to be an elite guy. Those kids are bought in now. It won't stop as long as he is there. Add the fact they are consistently playing 14-16 games a season now, and get all that extra practice every season. This makes a huge difference bringing along the young men. A senior at Waskom has played 32 games in his career if he was on the varsity as a sophomore. Waskom won't win state every year, but they will have the same success you see from Carthage and Gilmer as long as they have their coach.

we will have him for four more years at least.

STATE CHAMPS.... does winning a state title help the majority of the high school kids and their future?? Remember the whole purpose for high school is for them to get an education right?

Yes, winning is awesome, but so is having a child that is literate and can be a functioning member of society, not someone who needs to have everything handed to them!!!

Football forum, yes, a place to pound your collective chests about previous state championships, yes, but also a place where people who have benefited from said education and live an adult life where 100% of the people on this website aren't playing a lick of sports!!!

But looking at your post...... accomplishmen's...... maybe you should have stayed in class a little more..... LOL

So basically you're calling Daingerfield some dummies. Typical HS person. Might need to really check your facts before putting out there.

Mustang4life, we appreciate you correcting everyone's miss spelling and grammatical errors. I'm sure everyone is very impressed. If you would like to start another forum subject on education and "one act plays" I'll gladly join it. But for now we are talking football. Let me know if I spelt this right: DAINGERFIELD 6X STATE CHAMPS-HUGHES SPRINGS 0