Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

HS is gonna show some people come week 1!!!

Go ahead and sleep on them 'Stangs!!

It's okay, don't be worried, don't be concerned!!!

But don't be surprised either when HS pulls off the win, and DF will be like what the????

Never sleeping on anyone!

Definitely not concerned!

Whos Springs will show everyone their still not good enough to beat Daingerfield.

Don't take it personal. Its just reality.

Perfect!

The fall is gonna be so fun to watch.

It goes back to that old saying "It doesn't matter if you get knocked down. It only matters that you got back up." We've been knocked down and here we are standing tall again.

Smoke is smoke & that's all your blowing.

Facts are facts & that's what I'm giving.

Put your Dainger "Hood" up Holmes...... :mad:

Not sure what your deal is...but it ain't cool. Everytime we turn on the news these days, all we see is race this and race that. Surely SDC can be void of race baiting. The only thing that divides us here is 6 miles and which mascot we support. Kids read this stuff sometimes and understand the humor in the banter back n forth. But rascism ain't cool anywhere. Let's leave it to the media. Ain't no Jim Crow nothing in HS.

It goes back to that old saying "It doesn't matter if you get knocked down. It only matters that you got back up." We've been knocked down and here we are standing tall again.

Smoke is smoke & that's all your blowing.

Facts are facts & that's what I'm giving.

Standing tall? OK, stand tall on that 5-7 season. MIGHTY TIGERS!! GO BIG BLUE!!! :sick:

Not sure what your deal is...but it ain't cool. Everytime we turn on the news these days, all we see is race this and race that. Surely SDC can be void of race baiting. The only thing that divides us here is 6 miles and which mascot we support. Kids read this stuff sometimes and understand the humor in the banter back n forth. But rascism ain't cool anywhere. Let's leave it to the media. Ain't no Jim Crow nothing in HS.

Jim Crow.... So sad..... yeah cranky, go spew that somewhere else!!!

They are excited to be the first class to beat the Tigers in 50 years or whatever. T-shirts go on sale Aug 27. "Tiger Slayers 2016"

I wouldn't pre-order those just yet ole buddy. If u do, you'll have a bunch of extra cloth to dry your eyes after we win.

Me too! Kids are pretty fired up too!

+1

Nice sermon there Revelator, except it's obvious to all that the DaingerHood racial jest flew right through your righteous zone on it's little wings and landed smack in the middle of your 5 gallon bucket of Hypcrosy......so please save any pathetic attempt to justify the racial hood jest as Humor. and preach to your own choir. She's waiting.

Nice sermon there Revelator, except it's obvious to all that the DaingerHood racial jest flew right through your righteous zone on it's little wings and landed smack in the middle of your 5 gallon bucket of Hypcrosy......so please save any pathetic attempt to justify the racial hood jest as Humor. and preach to your own choir. She's waiting.

Lots of big words there. Next time your googling for a reply, check out "hood". Short for neighborhood. Could be "trailer hood". Nothing racial about the word Dainger.....right? You are just a baiter with a chip on your shoulder. Just looking for a reason to pull the card. Sorry fellow, your not gonna find it here. Look for something else to whine about. Try adding something about sports maybe. After all, this is a high school sports forum. Save your racial spew for the political forum. They love liberal whiners over there.;)

Hey all you DF people, i sell fresh gulf shrimp for a living now. I'm gonna be bringing some with me to our scrimmage next weekend to sell. Y'all come hit me up if y'all want some. Good stuff. Y'all Hughes Springs folks ain't that far away....Y'all come get y'all some too. Extra Large 16-20 count shrimp for $8/lb, never been frozen.

Hey all you DF people, i sell fresh gulf shrimp for a living now. I'm gonna be bringing some with me to our scrimmage next weekend to sell. Y'all come hit me up if y'all want some. Good stuff. Y'all Hughes Springs folks ain't that far away....Y'all come get y'all some too. Extra Large 16-20 count shrimp for $8/lb, never been frozen.

+1

noun

a soft or flexible covering for the head and neck, either separate or attached to a cloak, coat, or the like.

something resembling or suggesting such a covering, especially in shape, as certain petals or sepals.

the hinged, movable part of an automobile body covering the engine.

British. the roof of a carriage.

a metal cover or canopy for a stove, ventilator, etc.

Falconry. a cover for the entire head of a hawk, used when the bird is not in pursuit of game.

an ornamental ruffle or fold on the back of the shoulders of an academic gown, jurist's robe, etc.

a crest or band of color on the head of certain birds and animals.

verb (used with object)

to furnish with a hood.

to cover with or as if with a hood.

Origin: before 900; 192530, Americanism for def 3; Middle English hode, Old English hōd; cognate with Old Frisian hōde, Dutch hoed, German Hut hat

Related forms

hood·less, adjective

hood·like, adjective

hood2 [hoo d, hood] Show IPA

noun Slang.

a hoodlum.

Origin: 192530; by shortening

Hood [hoo d] Show IPA

noun

John Bell, 183179, Confederate general in the U.S. Civil War.

Raymond Math·ew·son [math-yoo-suh n] , 18811934, U.S. architect.

Robin, Robin Hood.

Thomas, 17991845, English poet and humorist.

Mount, a volcanic peak in N Oregon, in the Cascade Range. 11,253 feet (3430 meters).

'hood [hoo d] Show IPA

noun

Slang. neighborhood.

Origin: 198590; by shortening

-hood

a native English suffix denoting state, condition, character, nature, etc., or a body of persons of a particular character or class, formerly used in the formation of nouns: childhood; likelihood; knighthood; priesthood .

Origin: Middle English -hode, -hod, Old English -hād (cognate with German -heit), special use of hād condition, state, order, quality, rank

1988 your "chic" here is the one that made the statement first tho... I had to go back and check. Cant we all just get along lol

Nothing racial there. It's a buzz word these days. More in reference to poor folk like me. My neighborhood could be referred to as the trailer hood. Anyway. I'm done with that. Perhaps ol Horns could get the poll going. I can't seem to make it work on my phone and I'm a ways away from the ol trailer. ;)

Sounds good. I just might do that.

Hughes Springs travels the 6 mile trek to Daingerfield. This will be the first time they meet on the football field in 6 years. The Red vs The Blue, Cousins vs Cousins, Sunday School Classmates vs Sunday School Classmates. Looking forward to seeing both teams with their new systems.

Nothing racial there. It's a buzz word these days. More in reference to poor folk like me. My neighborhood could be referred to as the trailer hood. Anyway. I'm done with that. Perhaps ol Horns could get the poll going. I can't seem to make it work on my phone and I'm a ways away from the ol trailer. ;)

Get after it Horns

Sounds good. I just might do that.

Give me a holler if you get over that way. My number is down there in my signature. Ask your family and friends if they'd like some and pick some up for them as well. I will probably have 100 lbs or so with me.