Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

All Smack talk aside I wanted to share this. I copied from a FB event and am going to paste here. Yes we all talk a big game on here, but we shouldn't overlook what's it's really about, the kids and the sportsmanship involved.

Daingerfield / Hughes Springs Pee Kickoff Event.

Thursday, August 25 at 7 PM

Mickey Mayne Tiger Stadium

The youth group from South Union Missionary Baptist Church would like to partner together with all of the other local churches and meet together to pray for our schools and the upcoming year.

The plan will be for the students to gather on the track on both sides at 7:00 and as soon as both teams enter the field the students will promptly go to midfield and join together for prayer. Upon completion of the prayer, they will then join together in singing Amazing Grace(1st verse only). We would hope that once this begins that every fan in the stadium will join in on the singing. The Athletic Directors and Superintendants from both communities have said that the kids can do whatever they want as long as it is student led and this will be exactly that (student led)... I hope that we can get over 200 students on the field for this event. Please help me by adding every student, youth minister, music director and pastor from these 2 communities. The football players will not be allowed to join the group at midfield however they can join in from where they stand. The players will be aligned on the painted yard markers. Any questions, please comment.

• Like 3

All Smack talk aside I wanted to share this. I copied from a FB event and am going to paste here. Yes we all talk a big game on here, but we shouldn't overlook what's it's really about, the kids and the sportsmanship involved.

The youth group from South Union Missionary Baptist Church would like to partner together with all of the other local churches and meet together to pray for our schools and the upcoming year.

The plan will be for the students to gather on the track on both sides at 7:00 and as soon as both teams enter the field the students will promptly go to midfield and join together for prayer. Upon completion of the prayer, they will then join together in singing Amazing Grace(1st verse only). We would hope that once this begins that every fan in the stadium will join in on the singing. The Athletic Directors and Superintendants from both communities have said that the kids can do whatever they want as long as it is student led and this will be exactly that (student led)... I hope that we can get over 200 students on the field for this event. Please help me by adding every student, youth minister, music director and pastor from these 2 communities. The football players will not be allowed to join the group at midfield however they can join in from where they stand. The players will be aligned on the painted yard markers. Any questions, please comment.

+1000000 much respect

I hope they fill the field!

I hope they do too! The kids respect each other and have played with each other in little league and now against each other in other sports as high school athletes! This will be 1st time on football field for them and will already be a memorable game and what a great way to kick it off!

• Like 1

At this point only a few more days.... The DF hags and their lame smack talk is about as bland as a chicken nugget from Hawkins!! Minus the roach!! Lol

Lame??? You've made it clear your a df fan too smh.. so everything you say is about as relevant as hs football... not much

Although I have respect for the HS program, I am taking DF in this game. Can't recall a team switching to the spread and being very successful in the beginning. PP finally got it going later in the season, but struggled early.

Would be a fun game to watch though.

Although I have respect for the HS program, I am taking DF in this game. Can't recall a team switching to the spread and being very successful in the beginning. PP finally got it going later in the season, but struggled early.

Would be a fun game to watch though.

88 tells me they going to run the old style offense against DF and then go back to the spread! Doesn't matter though that might make it 35-0 instead of 42-0!