Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

Waskom is not in Beast mode anymore... they fully understand mediocrity, given the fact that they have been at BEST a .500 school up until a few years ago.

Waskom will be in "Beast mode" as long as they are able to hang onto Keeling. In East Texas for the most part we all have the same demographics. It comes down to coaching. He has proven to be an elite guy. Those kids are bought in now. It won't stop as long as he is there. Add the fact they are consistently playing 14-16 games a season now, and get all that extra practice every season. This makes a huge difference bringing along the young men. A senior at Waskom has played 32 games in his career if he was on the varsity as a sophomore. Waskom won't win state every year, but they will have the same success you see from Carthage and Gilmer as long as they have their coach.

• Like 1

coaches don't run the ball!!

have to have the athletes to run the system, you claim to have the coach to do it..... having the studs you guys have had for the last 3 to 4 years will make "burt and ernie" look good!!

only time will tell and when they strap on the pads and play

We shall see!!

coaches don't run the ball!!

have to have the athletes to run the system, you claim to have the coach to do it..... having the studs you guys have had for the last 3 to 4 years will make "burt and ernie" look good!!

only time will tell and when they strap on the pads and play

We shall see!!

I'm a Carthage supporter. Just seen the post and thought I would give my 2 cents. But your wrong about Waskom having studs only the last 3-4 years. You think that was just a lucky class? Same for Carthage. You think we just started having those athletes? Those kids have been there. There older brothers, cousins, uncles, and even fathers have played before them. Just needed somebody to put it together. Do you honestly think if Bowman goes back to DF this season they aren't dominate? Like I said most every school (2a - 4a especially) in ETX has the athletes to do it. Comes down to a coach putting a program together. Not a 1 or 2 year team, but a full blown program from 7-12 grade. It proves itself time and time again. Do you think it's a coincidence it's the same teams at the top every year? You think they just have better athletes than everybody?

I'm a Carthage supporter. Just seen the post and thought I would give my 2 cents. But your wrong about Waskom having studs only the last 3-4 years. You think that was just a lucky class? Same for Carthage. You think we just started having those athletes? Those kids have been there. There older brothers, cousins, uncles, and even fathers have played before them. Just needed somebody to put it together. Do you honestly think if Bowman goes back to DF this season they aren't dominate? Like I said most every school (2a - 4a especially) in ETX has the athletes to do it. Comes down to a coach putting a program together. Not a 1 or 2 year team, but a full blown program from 7-12 grade. It proves itself time and time again. Do you think it's a coincidence it's the same teams at the top every year? You think they just have better athletes than everybody?

Preach

First of all Dude, YOU'RE, and DOMINANT.

I'm glad you were able to school me on how football works!!! Thanks so much for the knowledge, secondly, as I said, we will see with Waskom.

Carthage and those other schools are a different story all together. Proven year after, year. Waskom hasn't quite reached that lofty goal just yet.

I may eat my words soon enough, but I remember for years, Hughes Springs taking Waskom to the wood shed, even with "whatever the coaches name is there"

I'm glad you were able to school me on how football works!!! Thanks so much for the knowledge, secondly, as I said, we will see with Waskom.

Carthage and those other schools are a different story all together. Proven year after, year. Waskom hasn't quite reached that lofty goal just yet.

I may eat my words soon enough, but I remember for years, Hughes Springs taking Waskom to the wood shed, even with "whatever the coaches name is there"

who u talking to lol

Haha. Thanks for the spelling corrections. Waskom is 45-2 in 3 years with 2 ships. That's all time. Anyway I don't have a dog in the race, and this is not even a Waskom thread. And "you're" right we will see. One thing is for sure Waskom has accomplished more in 2 years than 95% of the programs in ETX have accomplished in their entire existence.

they have some speed at a few skill positions. They should have went to it many moons ago lol... you knw how it is... nobody wins big games with a run only option

really lol. Must not have watched the state championships last year

Well you have to be willing to play us in order for those numbers to change it use to be 10-2

I will say this...... Hughes Springs I know for certain was trying to get Waskom on its schedule, but Waskom kept playing around, and. HS had to move on to fill its schedule....

HS wasn't hiding or running from a challenge, so check ya self!!!

I will say this...... Hughes Springs I know for certain was trying to get Waskom on its schedule, but Waskom kept playing around, and. HS had to move on to fill its schedule....

HS wasn't hiding or running from a challenge, so check ya self!!!

We heard the same excuses saying yall tried to put DF on yalls schedule the past 6 years lol.... U cant hide anymore!!!!

We heard the same excuses saying yall tried to put DF on yalls schedule the past 6 years lol.... U cant hide anymore!!!!

Dude really... if we was 'scared' you think they be playing this year? This game was set up before y'alls last coach left and realignment was announced. HS doesn't have to play yall, they choose to.

I just love how a DF vs HS thread has turned into a "WASKUM is the best team ever thread!!!"

these guys always seem to get off topic...

Dude really... if we was 'scared' you think they be playing this year? This game was set up before y'alls last coach left and realignment was announced. HS doesn't have to play yall, they choose to.

these guys always seem to get off topic...

nobody said u was scared.... but you hear the footsteps coming lol. Should be a heck of a game....... for a couple of quarters atleast

Willing??? Ha ha.... bet you can find y'alls coach up at the field house and you can take willingness up with him

HS is not willing up until last couple years of scheduling anything but cupcakes. Coach doesn't have faith in his skills to schedule tough games. And when he do he gets his a_ _ handed to him. Again please remind me of how much the HS teams improve through out the year every year. It don't happen cause coaching ability isnt there

Willing??? Ha ha.... bet you can find y'alls coach up at the field house and you can take willingness up with him

Well at least you can fight in the field house but don't seem to want to play on the football field, had something to do with conflict on the schedule excuse