Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

Game of Thrones!! But i am still lost!! Normally here on Smoaky, for a joke to be even remotely funny, most of us have to know what in the heck you are talking about!!

Try again, but maybe with some back story dude!!

Oh, well I've never watched that so wouldn't know. I talk football not tv shows lol

Right now its hard for me to say with conviction because i have not been able to see them with my own eyes...... my first chance to see them in person will be the DF game.... but from my correspondents on the ground...

this is what i have so far:

I give HS a chance to go 4-1 in pre-season, but could compete to go 5-0...

district looks to be same 4-1 but could compete for 5-0....

I am optimistic for the offense, and have heard good things about the Defense....

Of course we are talking about kids from 14-18 years old, and many things happen in their lives, that we can not forsee!!

I don't see the Mustangs ending the season any less than 7-3 but could go 9-1 or 10-0...

Just my opinion!!

I see the DF game and the Arp game as the start of a tough schedule that will give everyone a real good look on how they will be...... they come out of there 2-0 or 1-1 i think HS will be just fine....

I also think that if they go 0-2 and compete in those games then HS will be just fine too!!

The coaches will have them ready, boys will be ready, and if they stand together and play with passion anything is possible!!

I'm looking forward to these scrimmages in the next week. I'll know more when I see them against someone other then ourselves. Its hard to compare and contrast that way.

Our first 4 games are mind boggling. Its crazy not to see all 4a teams like years past. I don't usually make any picks on records because to much happens between now and week 10 but if I go with my gut I say 8-2 or or 9-1 @ best.

1 game at a time. Dont want to look ahead of any opponents. New moto is Tiger Strong.

Its the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Friday Night Lights!!!

I'm looking forward to these scrimmages in the next week. I'll know more when I see them against someone other then ourselves. Its hard to compare and contrast that way.

Our first 4 games are mind boggling. Its crazy not to see all 4a teams like years past. I don't usually make any picks on records because to much happens between now and week 10 but if I go with my gut I say 8-2 or or 9-1 @ best.

1 game at a time. Dont want to look ahead of any opponents. New moto is Tiger Strong.

Its the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Friday Night Lights!!!

Predicting the records is an inexact science at best..... Plus, records really don't mean too much sometimes, i remember a HS team a few years back that went 0-5 in non-district and then ended up going to the regional semifinals against Mildred, and almost won that game!!

That was a great team!!

Predicting the records is an inexact science at best..... Plus, records really don't mean too much sometimes, i remember a HS team a few years back that went 0-5 in non-district and then ended up going to the regional semifinals against Mildred, and almost won that game!!

That was a great team!!

I'm just ready for the 25th. Let the boys do work and come away with the W