Week 1: Hughes Springs @ Daingerfield

Horns85

Who wins  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Your Pick

• Would you like your crow fried?
    • Would you like your crow baked

88, HS lost alot from last year. I have no idea how much talant you guys had on the JV. I think DF may have the edge just of the number of returners they have compaired to the mustangs. Both teams all over the state will be putting the ball on the ground. I just think HS will really have to watch out. I see no blow out either way. As for most games through out Texas the game will probably be ugly. Depends on who is the uglyest

• Like 1

We lost 16 seniors most of which started on 1 side atleast if not both ways. We'll be fine in DF. Idk about hs other than they are running a totally new OFF scheme. Its a big step to change from slot t to the spread but they'll be fine when district gets here imo but we'll beat them by 3 tds atleast. ;)

One could look at the "0" returning starters as a bad thing for HS...

I look at it like a clean slate, granted all players from 7th up have played the same O "slot t" since they started playing for Hughes Springs, but the offense wasn't layed out to them just yesterday.

These young men are all in, and they are learning, I think our neighbors to the north installed a new O last year and had some growing pains, but then were doing pretty good with it by seasons end....

The sky is not falling and HS will be just fine, come district, offense should be doing just fine, and defense i heard was doing well yesterday...

One could look at the "0" returning starters as a bad thing for HS...

I look at it like a clean slate, granted all players from 7th up have played the same O "slot t" since they started playing for Hughes Springs, but the offense wasn't layed out to them just yesterday.

These young men are all in, and they are learning, I think our neighbors to the north installed a new O last year and had some growing pains, but then were doing pretty good with it by seasons end....

The sky is not falling and HS will be just fine, come district, offense should be doing just fine, and defense i heard was doing well yesterday...

We're starting over pretty much from scratch too. Its nice for a change around DF. We've underachieved the past few years and this is something I think we needed as well. I know yall have the same coaches but a new scheme is hard to put in place in a quick manner. Yall will be fine heading into district play. As will we. 12 days!!

All I can say is good luck to both DF ans HS. Pray all stay healthy. The first game of the season will be a tough one for me. I can't win or lose Personally I will be gald when its over. Grand kids are young. Alot of years sitting in the end zone for me

All I can say is good luck to both DF ans HS. Pray all stay healthy. The first game of the season will be a tough one for me. I can't win or lose Personally I will be gald when its over. Grand kids are young. Alot of years sitting in the end zone for me

Got em on both sides I see. U can sit in front of the weight room lol