Make up your own East Texas District

lobo1982

On what planet would ANYONE think that Waskom, Arp, Gilmer.....etc.... would be competitive against Longview, John Tyler Lufkin, etc....????

I've seen these smaller schools play many times. Especially in the playoffs. They have GREAT TEAMS!

But there is a reason the UIL classifies schools. Those GREAT teams would look silly against 6A..... and probably most 5A schools.

JMHO......

Yup..... football season is here.... the 3A/4A Vs. 5A/6A war has begun *SIGH*

• Like 1

On what planet would ANYONE think that Waskom, Arp, Gilmer.....etc.... would be competitive against Longview, John Tyler Lufkin, etc....????

Careful now. This is Smoaky....and you're talking amongst East Texans, so you better blend in. Arp would mop the floor with Longview, Lufkin would get skull dragged by Mt. Enterprise and JT would get drop kicked by Elysian Fields!

Lee would beat Ore City by 1 though on a last second blocked FG....

I've seen these smaller schools play many times. Especially in the playoffs. They have GREAT TEAMS!

But there is a reason the UIL classifies schools. Those GREAT teams would look silly against 6A..... and probably most 5A schools.

JMHO......

He said use all classifications. I knw all those wnt. I was just naming some of the best teams in EastTx for the past decade.

JMHO......

LOL...........its OK, I believe the Mav's did get honorable mention.............

All classes included? Lol. I just want the old district back with Lufkin, Longview, Tyler Lee, John Tyler, Marshall, and Texas high instead of Roaches. If we have to add in some smaller classifications, Gilmer and Carthage would be the obvious teams I guess with Kilgore. I would also want to play Tatum just to play in that stadium and talk noise to Eagle.