Make up your own East Texas District

lobo1982

All classes included? Lol. I just want the old district back with Lufkin, Longview, Tyler Lee, John Tyler, Marshall, and Texas high instead of Roaches. If we have to add in some smaller classifications, Gilmer and Carthage would be the obvious teams I guess with Kilgore. I would also want to play Tatum just to play in that stadium and talk noise to Eagle.

You don't want Gilmer, Carthage, and Kilgore to make the playoffs anymore?

On what planet would ANYONE think that Waskom, Arp, Gilmer.....etc.... would be competitive against Longview, John Tyler Lufkin, etc....????

I've seen these smaller schools play many times. Especially in the playoffs. They have GREAT TEAMS!

But there is a reason the UIL classifies schools. Those GREAT teams would look silly against 6A..... and probably most 5A schools.

JMHO......

Yup..... football season is here.... the 3A/4A Vs. 5A/6A war has begun *SIGH*

I'm sure they don't think they would beat them but its just for fun talk....I think anyway lol!

All classes included? Lol. I just want the old district back with Lufkin, Longview, Tyler Lee, John Tyler, Marshall, and Texas high instead of Roaches. If we have to add in some smaller classifications, Gilmer and Carthage would be the obvious teams I guess with Kilgore. I would also want to play Tatum just to play in that stadium and talk noise to Eagle.

You should of chose Henderson. You and lion get along great.

On what planet would ANYONE think that Waskom, Arp, Gilmer.....etc.... would be competitive against Longview, John Tyler Lufkin, etc....????

I've seen these smaller schools play many times. Especially in the playoffs. They have GREAT TEAMS!

But there is a reason the UIL classifies schools. Those GREAT teams would look silly against 6A..... and probably most 5A schools.

JMHO......

Yup..... football season is here.... the 3A/4A Vs. 5A/6A war has begun *SIGH*

Killjoy

Maybe the 2011 Tenaha team may have a chance, but even they would struggle, just because of the depth difference

Yep, they'd be at, or close to bottom. And WOS wins it. It's like they clone their players. Says a lot for their coaching and tradition.

Yep, they'd be at, or close to bottom. And WOS wins it. It's like they clone their players. Says a lot for their coaching and tradition.

WOS might very well win it if it was this season, but Gilmer and Carthage will give WOS all they want. Last 3 times WOS met either team, the Mustangs were bouncing basketballs the next week. That would be a heck of a district though. Take out Tenaha, and add Center.
  • Like 1