Make up your own East Texas District

lobo1982

Best I've seen so far realistically bc if Longview & John Tyler are on another level!

Yes, I was being for real. And the travel ain't bad either. That could be a real district. Very competitive for sure. I like to give the big schools some flack, but I know what would happen. Texas High in this district may be the outlier. They have an enrollment of 1900. That's getting up their, but I still think the smaller schools could compete. Unless Surratt wanted to make another stop in Texarkana!

On what planet would ANYONE think that Waskom, Arp, Gilmer.....etc.... would be competitive against Longview, John Tyler Lufkin, etc....????

I've seen these smaller schools play many times. Especially in the playoffs. They have GREAT TEAMS!

But there is a reason the UIL classifies schools. Those GREAT teams would look silly against 6A..... and probably most 5A schools.

JMHO......

Yup..... football season is here.... the 3A/4A Vs. 5A/6A war has begun *SIGH*

I'd say bring your top 15 vs those top 3a top 15 for 4qtrs iron man football like we play and your tail might be shocked at the premadonas y'all really have.

Yes, I was being for real. And the travel ain't bad either. That could be a real district. Very competitive for sure. I like to give the big schools some flack, but I know what would happen. Texas High in this district may be the outlier. They have an enrollment of 1900. That's getting up their, but I still think the smaller schools could compete. Unless Surratt wanted to make another stop in Texarkana!

Lol of course lol but I think he likes it on down 59

I'm hurt!

Sorry went a little old school district...then Tenaha because they wouldn't make the playoffs! SA/Center hate each other and haven't played since late 90's!

West Hardin

Sabine Pass

Colmesneil

Burkeville

Evadale

Hull-Daisetta

District of suckage!

Texas High definitely has the enrollment advantage, but they're typically the same caliber of team that Kilgore/Carthage/Marshall are. We beat them last year and coulda shoulda woulda beat them at their place the year before. As for Longview/Lufkin/JT.... I'll pass. We have competed well with JT over the years and even beat them a couple of times,.... but most year's they just have too many Jimmy's and Joe's. Longview and Lufkin would be a mismatch against a 4A team that runs 95% of the time.

LOL...........its OK, I believe the Mav's did get honorable mention.............

The day I think Waskom could be Marshall..... in their worst season in memory (2012) is the day I become a Houston Texans fan.

NOT HAPPENING.

My District:

Texas High

Marshall

Longview

Hallsville

Pine Tree

John Tyler

Tyler Lee

Lufkin

Nacogdoches

Basically the historic 5A district. Wouldn't be opposed to adding Jax or WH to that list for giggles.

Sorry went a little old school district...then Tenaha because they wouldn't make the playoffs! SA/Center hate each other and haven't played since late 90's!

District of suckage!

You're right, except for Evadale this year. Only two decent teams in our District are Evadale and Iola. I see y'all have Kirbyville on your schedule. Not sure what they have this year, but they usually field a pretty good team. Ought to be a good test.

Good Luck this season!