District 9-3A (D-I)

player73

How is everyone looking in this district ? Arguably the second toughest district in 3A D1 behind District 10.These two play each other in the first round of the playoffs so some good teams going home in the first round. Teague needs some kids to step up if they are going to make another deep run.How do y'all think the teams will finish?

Based on my rankings:

1. Malakoff

2. Teague

3. West

4. Groesbeck

At this point, I do feel there will be a good battle for 1/2. I have seen Malakoff ranked as high as #1 in some polls. The Tigers return a lot of talent and playing Cameron the way they did is going to get a lot of pre-season recognition.

Teague has been the most complete team Cameron has played in the region the past two years. The Lions have to be taken seriously. They return some good talent. They don't return as much as Malakoff and that is why I give the Tigers the edge right now heading into this season.

West had their best year in a long time last year. West is still a baseball school (back to back state titles) but they made major strides the last two seasons after being pretty bad for a while. I thought West lost some talented seniors this past year with the QB and those two great receivers. I liked what I saw from the Trojans last year, so I see them solidly in 3rd.

Groesbeck should have the ability to secure the final spot here. Whitney, Westwood and Elkhart could be in the mix.

Bi-District prediction:

Cameron Yoe vs. Groesbeck

Franklin Vs. West

Teague Vs. Rockdale

Malakoff Vs. McGregor

I don't feel all that confident about these predictions. Very deep district where the order could change come playoff time.

1. Teague

2. Malakoff

3. Groesbeck

4. West

5. Westwood

6. Eustace

7. Whitney

8. Elkhart

Both Teague and Malakoff are fast and athletic but Teague has the advantage in the toughness category. Groesbeck has the athletes to keep up but with there losing ways the past several years and a new coach it will take some time to come together. West lost to much when the qb/everything on defense guy graduated.

903slappy: did u see where my 2 boys done committed already? These are the 2 that u said was just in the way last year lol.

Congrats to your boys. Commitment don't mean anything to me though. I don't understand why you keep saying Teague has toughness edge? Show me the plays where Teague was tougher. Their lines were bigger last year, I give you that. But Malakoff had a DT that rocked Mitchell on the first play, and continued to stalemate him all night.

Go back to the film and watch the lines. I ain't trying to argue anymore... Yes Teague won the game, but it wasn't from lack of toughness on Malakoffs part. 50, 75, and 66 did not leave the field for Malakoff. They held their own against fresher guys all night. If you don't see that by watching the film, you don't know football. There's a lot of reasons why Teague won and and a lot of reasons why Malakoff lost. Toughness on the o/d line was not a factor in that game.

Congrats to your boys. Commitment don't mean anything to me though. I don't understand why you keep saying Teague has toughness edge? Show me the plays where Teague was tougher. Their lines were bigger last year, I give you that. But Malakoff had a DT that rocked Mitchell on the first play, and continued to stalemate him all night.

This guy right here doesnt know football. Ha ask the best DT in the state last year about that mitchell kid. Ha ole slappy. Ha ha ha. Never started a football game in his life and I know this guy. We talking about the guy who use to cry during 2 A days ha ha ha

This guy right here doesnt know football. Ha ask the best DT in the state last year about that mitchell kid. Ha ole slappy. Ha ha ha. Never started a football game in his life and I know this guy. We talking about the guy who use to cry during 2 A days ha ha ha

Turn the film on, see for yourself. Never said Mitchell wasn't good. Malakoff dominated the Nose from Yoe too, with a 165 lbs center. That's not toughness?

And I guess I don't understand the recruiting process Homegrown. Not taking anything away from your kids, I'm sure they are fine athletes, but Malakoff had 3 guys with TWICE as many catches as Teagues 2nd ranked pass catcher and only 1 Malakoff kid has an offer...? Did y'all attend some camps over the summer?

Think it will come down to malakoff and Teague again this year. But the 2 hrs bus ride to west the week before might be a look ahead game for malakoff and with recent success west believes they can play with anybody. Also believe it will be tough for Teague at malakoff, very hard to beat the Tigers at home and the balls and calls usually bounce/go the home teams way, but depending on how physical of a game west gives them could be a factor aswell. As far as Groesbeck goes the new coach will do well but it is so hard to change the attitude of winning so I think it will be west then Groesbeck with WEastwood next. Whitney and Elkhart will be looking to complicate district race by stealing a game from a contender with Eustace dragging up the rear

Think it will come down to malakoff and Teague again this year. But the 2 hrs bus ride to west the week before might be a look ahead game for malakoff and with recent success west believes they can play with anybody. Also believe it will be tough for Teague at malakoff, very hard to beat the Tigers at home and the balls and calls usually bounce/go the home teams way, but depending on how physical of a game west gives them could be a factor aswell. As far as Groesbeck goes the new coach will do well but it is so hard to change the attitude of winning so I think it will be west then Groesbeck with WEastwood next. Whitney and Elkhart will be looking to complicate district race by stealing a game from a contender with Eustace dragging up the rear

Well said

Turn the film on, see for yourself. Never said Mitchell wasn't good. Malakoff dominated the Nose from Yoe too, with a 165 lbs center. That's not toughness?

Ole slappy putting info like he knows the game. This is the same guy that s#$% himself when he got rocked in practice one day seriously guys this guy is a poser. Ya ole slappy crappie fishing the ole smoaky site.

And I guess I don't understand the recruiting process Homegrown. Not taking anything away from your kids, I'm sure they are fine athletes, but Malakoff had 3 guys with TWICE as many catches as Teagues 2nd ranked pass catcher and only 1 Malakoff kid has an offer...? Did y'all attend some camps over the summer?

Homegrowns boys participated and competed with a couple of Alabama and Auburn commits this summer and got some looks. The receiving stats last year are skewed when you see that Teague rushed the ball most every play. Some of the looks were also based on defensive skills and potential.

Also last night was a good reminder of gems not being showcased in high school. Look at Brett farve's dad using him to run the wishbone, amazing that he got the one offer he got. If it was based on stats he really would not have been awarded an offer.

That being said we have a couple that got no looks. I'm sure each school experiences that and it is a shame that Bell from Teague who has all the athletic ability to go with great academics, extremely high character and an unmatched work ethic.... just leaves one shaking his head

Homegrowns boys participated and competed with a couple of Alabama and Auburn commits this summer and got some looks. The receiving stats last year are skewed when you see that Teague rushed the ball most every play. Some of the looks were also based on defensive skills and potential.

Also last night was a good reminder of gems not being showcased in high school. Look at Brett farve's dad using him to run the wishbone, amazing that he got the one offer he got. If it was based on stats he really would not have been awarded an offer.

That being said we have a couple that got no looks. I'm sure each school experiences that and it is a shame that Bell from Teague who has all the athletic ability to go with great academics, extremely high character and an unmatched work ethic.... just leaves one shaking his head

That is crazy. That kid was good. Same with Love, didn't hear much about him either

Ole slappy putting info like he knows the game. This is the same guy that s#$% himself when he got rocked in practice one day seriously guys this guy is a poser. Ya ole slappy crappie fishing the ole smoaky site.

If you're going to be a copy cat, at least have some clever lines.

Know that, really feel like the young man he is and the talent he has translates into a lot more attention and several more options and offers

I agree but him being the person he is, the Good Lord may be leading him there for other reasons.

Bi-District prediction:

Cameron Yoe vs. Groesbeck

Franklin Vs. West

Teague Vs. Rockdale

Malakoff Vs. McGregor

I don't feel all that confident about these predictions. Very deep district where the order could change come playoff time.

Going to be tough for cameron to be what they were with out smith....now the QB is gone as is the WR. Big shoes to replace on the offensive side.