Daingerfield/Tatum/Jefferson Scrimmage

EastTxFinest

Did you see the look on the hughes springs player's when daingerfield went 75 yards on each of there first two plays.

Yeah but they already saying "well Tatum was 0-10 last year" not sure what that has to do with going 75yds twice but ok I hope they keep thinking they could catch them..

Good scrimmage for all 3. Tatum is BIG amd quick. Jefferson has a stud rb and plenty of speed. DF looked alright imo but the mental mistakes and the turnovers have to be corrected.

D looked good. The 1st drive by Jefferson was the only score they allowed and Jefferson fumbled twice early in that drive that Daingerfield possibly could have recovered but they stop the play on a fumble. We do need to tighten up with the ball but that will come this was the 1st real contact.

D looked good. The 1st drive by Jefferson was the only score they allowed and Jefferson fumbled twice early in that drive that Daingerfield possibly could have recovered but they stop the play on a fumble. We do need to tighten up with the ball but that will come this was the 1st real contact.

+1

Yeah but they already saying "well Tatum was 0-10 last year" not sure what that has to do with going 75yds twice but ok I hope they keep thinking they could catch them..

I believe the post you quoted was about the HS players. The HS players haven't said anything.

We scored on Daingerfield the last time we went 1s on 1s. We were driving well on the ground that drive then threw a long WR screen down to the 1 and punched it in on the ground. On a 7 or 8 play drive I believe it was.

All in all, Tatum looked shakey on D at first giving up those two long TDs to Daingerfield on the 1st and 2nd live plays under the new Barker staff. After that the 1st string defense settled down not giving up another TD on the day and forcing 3 turnovers including a pick in the endzone. The 2nd string gave up a couple TDs. Offensively we did alright, missed a couple wide open receivers with nothing but grass in front of them but the run game ate up chunks consistently against both defenses. The line blocked really well opening up nice holes for Harmon, White, and Moore. We scored once on Daingerfield and once on Jefferson as far as first string goes. Biggest and most important stat that stuck out the most to me. 1st string turned the ball over 0 times, cant recall this ever happening in an opening scrimmage. Very disciplined for a 1st scrimmage. For a first scrimmage I came away happy with what I saw but we've got some work to do. Welcome to Tatum coach Barker, Hylander, Meeks, and Griffis. Gonna be a fun year.

Very nice scrimmage by all 3 teams. Daingerfield shows some serious explosiveness on offense, scorched Tatum on back to back plays. Jefferson had prob the most overall team speed on the field today. Offense looked good, they've got 3 speedsters in the backfield and a big bruising back w speed, defense was a little suspect against the run. Tatum showed flashes on O and D, I do like tatums pace on offense, but I was kinda disappointed in them overall. That's not a knock, it's a scrimmage and all 3 need work but Jefferson and Dfield definitely performed better imo.

I believe the post you quoted was about the HS players. The HS players haven't said anything.

No I do NOT talk about the kids it was a grown up that said it. I coached several of the HS kids in little league I have respect for them and them for me.

Very nice scrimmage by all 3 teams. Daingerfield shows some serious explosiveness on offense, scorched Tatum on back to back plays. Jefferson had prob the most overall team speed on the field today. Offense looked good, they've got 3 speedsters in the backfield and a big bruising back w speed, defense was a little suspect against the run. Tatum showed flashes on O and D, I do like tatums pace on offense, but I was kinda disappointed in them overall. That's not a knock, it's a scrimmage and all 3 need work but Jefferson and Dfield definitely performed better imo.

You want disappointed? Watch any game from last season.