Daingerfield/Tatum/Jefferson Scrimmage

EastTxFinest

I believe the post you quoted was about the HS players. The HS players haven't said anything.

No sir I do not talk about the kids EVER! This was a grown up that said that. I coached several of the kids from HS in little league so i respect them and they respect me..

No I do NOT talk about the kids it was a grown up that said it. I coached several of the HS kids in little league I have respect for them and them for me.

The question asked was did you see the look on the players (that's kids) face. You replied Yeah, and they was saying Tatum was 0-10 last year..... that's saying Tatum wasn't good last year.... then proceed to say you hoped the kid's keep thinking they can catch them.... maybe it wasn't what you meant to say but it's what you said

The question asked was did you see the look on the players (that's kids) face. You replied Yeah, and they was saying Tatum was 0-10 last year..... that's saying Tatum wasn't good last year.... then proceed to say you hoped the kid's keep thinking they can catch them.... maybe it wasn't what you meant to say but it's what you said

I'm referring to a guy here at work after i got back from the scrimmage...but I doubt you would know what the HS kids are saying anyway you're just assuming..but no I did not mean to insinuate that the kids said anything I did not talk to them..

I'm referring to a guy here at work after i got back from the scrimmage...but I doubt you would know what the HS kids are saying anyway you're just assuming..but no I did not mean to insinuate that the kids said anything I did not talk to them..

You're assuming that I'm assuming. But maybe next time you need to make yourself clear.

Without using a quote from another post I would like to say that a HS fan made the comment that Tatum was 0-10 last year and that's why Daingerfield scored 2 long touchdowns against them because "they are pooh" and said that HS wouldn't let them do that and I hope that HE keeps thinking that!

Very nice scrimmage by all 3 teams. Daingerfield shows some serious explosiveness on offense, scorched Tatum on back to back plays. Jefferson had prob the most overall team speed on the field today. Offense looked good, they've got 3 speedsters in the backfield and a big bruising back w speed, defense was a little suspect against the run. Tatum showed flashes on O and D, I do like tatums pace on offense, but I was kinda disappointed in them overall. That's not a knock, it's a scrimmage and all 3 need work but Jefferson and Dfield definitely performed better imo.

1st string wise : We gave up two TDs on the very 2 first live plays of the scrimmage then settled down and didn't give up another TD the rest of the scrimmage. While scoring a TD on a long drive against Jefferson, one on a decent drive against Daingerfield, and then to end the scrimmage on a fairly long screen that went for a TD against Jefferson that was waved off due to a holding penalty on a block way down the field that might not have even been needed for the guy to score. Offensively I thought we did very well in the running game but we def need to get better and the passing game will improve...first year starter at QB as a sophomore that shows great potential. Line protected the QB very well and also opened up a lot of space to run in all day long. But as far as Jeffy and D-field performing better. From my point of view, I wouldn't say that. Its all in the eyes of the beholder. In day one of live performance our turnover margin is 3 takeaways to no giveaways. I'd say in the efficiency department we performed better than the other two which will go a long way in weeks to come. In no way did we play mistake free ball, those first two uh ohs on defense were testimony to that, but after those first two plays...I'd say we played rather disciplined. 1st string wise anyways. I'll take no turnovers any day.

so what was the total touchdowns Daingerfield 2 Tatum 1, Daingerfield ? Jefferson ? and Tatum ? Jefferson ? was the scoring done by the 1st or 2nd teams

My stats as far as first string while we were involved, not sure about the 2s...think our 2s got scored on twice

Daingerfield 2 Tatum 1

Tatum 1 Jefferson 0

Tatum 0 Turnovers

Daingerfield 2 turnovers

Jeferson 1 turnover

My stats as far as first string while we were involved, not sure about the 2s...think our 2s got scored on twice

Daingerfield 2 Tatum 1

Tatum 1 Jefferson 0

Tatum 0 Turnovers

Daingerfield 2 turnovers

Jeferson 1 turnover

From what I seen all 3 teams had good size and speed. Work to do for all 3 but that's what scrimmages are for.

Thought the guy was selling shrimp today. Looks like some crawfish was mixed in though.

How ya figure? Its a flippin scrimmage. We didnt turn the ball over, had 3 take aways and gave up 2 long TDs on the first two plays of the scrimmage....then no more TDs the rest of the time...and scored once on each team. 1st strings that is, how am I tellin it any other way than what it actually is?

From what I seen all 3 teams had good size and speed. Work to do for all 3 but that's what scrimmages are for.

Yep...definitely need work.

How ya figure? Its a flippin scrimmage. We didnt turn the ball over, had 3 take aways and gave up 2 long TDs on the first two plays of the scrimmage....then no more TDs the rest of the time...and scored once on each team. 1st strings that is, how am I tellin it any other way than what it actually is?

Yep...definitely need work.

Eagle that wasn't directed at you or anyone from Tatum. I have lots of respect for the Eagles and Andy when he was the coach. Best wishes to the new guy as well.

Eagle that wasn't directed at you or anyone from Tatum. I have lots of respect for the Eagles and Andy when he was the coach. Best wishes to the new guy as well.

It was directed toward me and that's fine I can see where I made a mistake but it has been corrected he just had to get a shot in..but anyway Realtree Camo is better lol

You want disappointed? Watch any game from last season.

Well...I should've reworded that. They weren't disappointing, I just assumed that I would see more from them being a 4A and having more depth that they would be more dominant. But it's extremely early and they will be much better than last year...possibly already are!

Without using a quote from another post I would like to say that a HS fan made the comment that Tatum was 0-10 last year and that's why Daingerfield scored 2 long touchdowns against them because "they are pooh" and said that HS wouldn't let them do that and I hope that HE keeps thinking that!

I think I know who you are talking about. One of the many former Tiger fans that made the move over to Mustang country. Good dude.

He's always assuming. You know what they say assuming does? I'm going to assume you do.

Assume away because yes I know what it does...And you know I can only assume what you will say the rest of the weekend because I have a flip phone..Talk to y'all Monday

I think I know who you are talking about. One of the many former Tiger fans that made the move over to Mustang country. Good dude.

He is definitely not a Tiger anymore we won't let him come back...He's OK with making playoffs doesn't care if they win it all..

He is definitely not a Tiger anymore we won't let him come back...He's OK with making playoffs doesn't care if they win it all..

Nah...he just got tired of polishing rust and realizes there is more to an athletic program than football. Plus it's just a great school. You may be the only Dfield guy I know personally who hasn't made that move. Bring 57 on over here.