Mr. P

Well Districts 11 & 12 got a split. Congrats and good luck to all four teams (except for poor Overton who pulls Bremond - Overton needs super luck). If Overton can make Bremond work a little, which I think they will, and we get by Maud, we'll soften them up even more so Tenaha can nail them suckers - unless we beat them outright :)

Well Districts 11 & 12 got a split. Congrats and good luck to all four teams (except for poor Overton who pulls Bremond - Overton needs super luck). If Overton can make Bremond work a little, which I think they will, and we get by Maud, we'll soften them up even more so Tenaha can nail them suckers - unless we beat them outright :)]

Beat'em outright! Works for me.

Well Districts 11 & 12 got a split. Congrats and good luck to all four teams (except for poor Overton who pulls Bremond - Overton needs super luck). If Overton can make Bremond work a little, which I think they will, and we get by Maud, we'll soften them up even more so Tenaha can nail them suckers - unless we beat them outright :)[

Beat'em outright! Works for me.

Lol, you know that was tongue in cheek. I pull for the Rebs, and they're good (easily best in the 6 years I've been here), but they're not in the same league with Tenaha and Bremond. Hope I'm wrong and if Overton or Evadale beat them, Doomer's elixir is on me :). Go Stangs

bigj, for someone who says "we" alot you sure do troll grapeland on here. i hated the loss, hated that things werent as good as they couldve been this year, but hell, these are high school kids playing 2a d2 football. let the coaches do the criticizing. i'm sure the kids see the stuff you say. not sure what your vendetta is against them? proud they made the playoffs, and proud of their coaches who got them there, and proud of the boys. good year for a lot of them.

Well Districts 11 & 12 got a split. Congrats and good luck to all four teams (except for poor Overton who pulls Bremond - Overton needs super luck). If Overton can make Bremond work a little, which I think they will, and we get by Maud, we'll soften them up even more so Tenaha can nail them suckers - unless we beat them outright :)]Beat'em outright! Works for me.

I will go out on a limb and say if we beat Maud, we'll score at least 30 on Bremond, but after seeing a film Mathias posted on their QB, I don't think 30's enough. Based on all things being equal.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that everyone is finished, except for Tenaha. Lets hear some opinions. Did the district shake out like everyone predicted? I know most had Overton at 3 or 4 to start the season. I gotta say Grapeland was probably the most disapointing as far as pre-season predictions went this season.

District

Everyone knows that Tenaha is gonna roll right through the district, so the only real questions are who finishes second, who makes the playoffs, and who's airing up basketballs come Nov. 5th? Grapeland and Timpson are two teams I think are going to give Tenaha a game (at least early on). The Sandies had a pretty good offense last year and the Bears had a decent defense. If both teams can fix the other side of the ball, things might get interesting. Wortham brings back most of last year's team... of course, that's a team that went 3-7. But experience certainly counts, especially in small-school ball. I expect them to battle it out with Overton for the dubious honor of fourth playoff spot. Mount Enterprise (as always) starts out behind the eight ball. Mount's got the numbers of a six-man school, so they deserve recognition for having enough cojones to stick to 11-man ball. Holzhauer's a heckuva coach, so they'll score some points and scare some folks here and there. But depth is gonna kill 'em down the stretch, and they'll be outside looking in come playoff time.
My fearless prediction:
Tenaha 10-0 (5-0)
Timpson 7-3 (4-1)
Grapeland 6-4 (3-2)
Overton 5-5 (2-3)
Wortham 5-5 (2-3)
Mount Enterprise 4-6 (2-3)

Well, in retrospect it seems I underrated Overton, but everything else came out pretty much how I predicted. Granted, I expected a bit more of a run from Grapeland, though I understand they got bit by the injury bug.

• 2 weeks later...
So it looks like Overton had quite a few guys on the 11-2A All-District Team:

Superlatives

Offensive MVP: QB Jake Marshall, SR

Overall Newcomer of the Year: WR/FS Levi McCasland, SO

Offensive Newcomer of the Year: OL Brady Brown, SO

Offensive Lineman of the Year: Michael Steelman, SR

1st Team All-District

FB Hudson Rogers, SO

CB Joe Clark, JR

WR Nic Croteau, SR

TE Shawn Sartors, JR

OT Austin Boehm, JR

OG Ashton King, JR

DT Darius Herndon, JR

DE Javeanta Washington, JR

LB Garret Long, SR

LB Hudson Rogers, SO

FS Nic Croteau, SR

2nd Team All-District

RB Joe Clark, JR

WR Crawford Bobbitt, SR

OG Brandon Allison, JR

DT Xavier Herndon, SO

CB Nathan Palmer, SO

SS Travis Hawkins, SR

Honorable Mention

RB Nathan Palmer,SO

WR Travis Hawkins, SR

LB Luke Osburn, SO

LB Crawford Bobbitt, SR

How'd the rest of the district do?

Overall Newcomer of the Year: WR/FS Levi McCasland, SO

Offensive Newcomer of the Year: OL Brady Brown, SO

1st Team All-District

FB Hudson Rogers, SO
CB Joe Clark, JR
TE Shawn Sartors, JR
OT Austin Boehm, JR
OG Ashton King, JR
DT Darius Herndon, JR
DE Javeanta Washington, JR
LB Hudson Rogers, SO
2nd Team All-District
RB Joe Clark, JR
OG Brandon Allison, JR
DT Xavier Herndon, SO
CB Nathan Palmer, SO
Honorable Mention
RB Nathan Palmer, SO
LB Luke Osburn, SO

These guys are all coming back next year. DizCHt.gif

Here's the report from Henderson Daily News: http://www.hendersondailynews.com/sports/football-overton-s-marshall-named-offensive-mvp-of--/article_2617fe60-be99-11e6-92dd-6f0f68307b8e.html

5RUsy1.jpg
Marshall named Offensive MVP of 11-2A All-District football team
Overton senior quarterback Jake Marshall has been named the Offensive MVP on the 11-2A Division II All-District football team and was one of six area players to earn a superlative award. Marshall threw for 1,798 yards and 17 touchdowns and also ran for 643 yards and 13 scores on the season. He and the Mustangs were 8-3 overall with their only losses coming to Carlisle, Tenaha and Bremond, all of which reached at least the state quarterfinals.
Marshall was joined on the superlative list by teammates Michael Steelman (Offensive Lineman of the Year), Brady Brown (Co-Offensive Newcomer of the Year) and Levi McCasland (Co-Overall Newcomer of the Year). McCasland had 85 tackles and two sacks while Brown and Steelman anchored a line that paved the way to 418 yards and nearly 40 points per game by the Mustangs’ offense.
Mount Enterprise’s Kendre Miller was named the Co-Overall Newcomer of the Year, and teammate Jamar Thompson was tabbed the Defensive Newcomer of the Year.
In addition to those six, a combined 19 players from Mount Enterprise and Overton players were honored on the first and second teams as well as the honorable mention squad.
Timpson, Tenaha, Grapeland and Wortham made up the rest of the district.
Overton’s Hudson Rogers (fullback), Nicholas Croteau (receiver), Shawn Sartors (tight end), Austin Boehm (tackle) and Ashton King (guard) were honored on the first-team offense, while Darius Herndon (defensive tackle), Javeanta Washington (defensive end), Rogers (linebacker), Garret Long (linebacker), Joe Clark (cornerback) and Croteau (safety) also earned spots on the first-team defense.
Second-team honors went to Overton’s Brandon Allison (guard), Xavier Herndon (defensive tackle), Nathan Palmer (cornerback) and Travis Hawkins (safety) as well as teammates Clark (running back) and Bobbitt (receiver). Linebacker Luke Osburn joined Palmer (running back), Bobbitt (linebacker) and Hawkins (receiver) on the honorable-mention squad.
Meanwhile, Mount Enterprise’s William Sanders was a second-team pick at both cornerback and receiver. Jase Jones (linebacker) and Jacob Oswald (fullback) also earned spots on the second team, and Ricky Price was named honorable mention on both the offensive and defensive lines.
Tenaha’s C.J. Horn and Tra Garner shared overall MVP honors after helping the Tigers to an undefeated regular season, a 13-1 record and a berth in the state quarterfinals.