Week 1: LE vs Gilmer

WiseGuy

Not saying at all he's not a great football either because he is. I just feel he has a better chance making it in baseball. There's nothing wrong with that either.

He was referring to fanofbaseballandfootball who said Lawhorn was the "best receiver on the team hands down".

He is good, and definitely will be a huge asset and another weapon, but I think Morton is the best receiver. Everyone is entitled to their opinions though. Now, where Lawhorn will really add a boost is special teams as returner!

If you think he's better than Morton you are smoking something kid can fun but he isn't more explosive than Morton might be in track but that's two different speeds

Not just speed. Get the clip of the run after catch he had on his very first long score. It's was a screen to Gilmer's side of the field. That boy juked 11 defenders and 3 referees on the way to the end zone. True Story, I seened him do it.

Mortons on that YAC son.

You are correct. We have won several. Last years score was almost identical, and I think another trip to the semi finals and a 14-1 record was achieved. Defense will get better each week, not worried. I'd see how the Bears look against Carthage tonight before you start talking defense?

But you are right, defense wins championships

I didnt say anything bad, just made a casual statement.... it wasnt meant to stir anything up..... LOL

It's a good thing the Gilmer coaches were choosing the QB and not MichaelMyers. He wanted the Senior and has since last year. I guess the Gilmer coaches do know what they are doing! Great job Poppy!

I wanted the senior last year over the starter from last year.Poppy was still maturing last year that's why he was on Jv.Even though I would have rather had Poppy as the varsity qb last year than the other kid they had starting.Like I said I'm glad Poppy is the starter this year.He's the best man for the job and will continue to do great thing's for the team 😄

By his posts, you would think Michael Meyers is a somebody. Come to find out, he's a nobody.

Don't nobody know that man. Lol.

He trolls his own team. Pathetic.

I'm not real I'm a figment of yours and snowbirds imaginations that's driving y'all insane.Its not good to be angry all the time.Maybe you should take a yoga class.😄

Give it a break snowbird, everyone in Gilmer knows that Poppy or Rice should have started last year. If either of those two were playing we have another state title in Gilmer. Last year we had the worst qb play in Gilmer in the last 20 years and still went 14-1.

• Like 1

Give it a break snowbird, everyone in Gilmer knows that Poppy or Rice should have started last year. If either of those two were playing we have another state title in Gilmer. Last year we had the worst qb play in Gilmer in the last 20 years and still went 14-1.

No kidding!!He sounds like a broken record!Pathetic!!
  • Like 1

Good arm, but short, slow, and not good under pressure. Led all teams in the state with interceptions (and probably pick-6`s) in the playoffs. I wouldn't say he was the worst in the last 20 years, but easily the worst since the transition in 2001.

No. Only 3 people in Gilmer though that. You, MichaelMyers and Metalhead but none of you boys made it past JV ball. Actually when I read your post it makes me wonder if you were all waterboys? The only ones that count are the Gilmer coaches. Ask them yourselves. They will always play the best QB to give them a chance to win. Y'all were critical all season and yet the team went 14-1 with and was State final 4. Hard to argue with the coaches choice after that. But you guys are such winners. Lol. Still obsessing over last year's QB. He has moved on to bigger and better things than you guys. Y'all keep obsessing. Sad lives..

• Like 1

Think we would have been better off to leave the junior qb (#2) in the entire game, but it's first game of the year and they were trying to find their starter. Do think the sophomore QB (#1) looked like he could be our best receiver though. Secondary is going to have a big step forward before Carthage comes to town next week. Good thing is with the tough pre district schedule we have ahead of us I think the secondary will be tested a lot and have the chance to improve a lot before we get to where the games actually count for something more.

Gilmer is.... Well they're Gilmer. They will get the penalties sorted out and once again be a force to be reckoned with in d2. Good luck to the Buckeyes the rest of the year. Lot of good athletes on the field together tonight.

Biggest thing is both teams left the field with no big injuries.

You'd think Somebody would have stepped on their Tongue from all That runnin'!😳

Snowbird, you are the one that brought it up and obvious that you have a personal connection with last years starter. It really doesn't matter if I were a water boy or an all American. I may not have even played for all you know. I do know this, you can't name a season within the last 20 years that had worse qb play. If you believe there are only a few people that felt that way then you are fooling yourself and there are several coaches that feel the same way. Bottom line, there were better choices last season and it probably cost us another title. I have no connection to any of those kids so I am unbiased unlike you. He was pretty good at handing the ball off and throwing pick sixes and that's about it so shut up about it and worry about this season. I am done with it, and am glad last year is over.

• Like 1

Really??? If I were a coach, I would take competitors and leaders like Zac Spears on my team any day! I can't believe y'all are still bashing the kid!

No. Only 3 people in Gilmer though that. You, MichaelMyers and Metalhead but none of you boys made it past JV ball. Actually when I read your post it makes me wonder if you were all waterboys? The only ones that count are the Gilmer coaches. Ask them yourselves. They will always play the best QB to give them a chance to win. Y'all were critical all season and yet the team went 14-1 with and was State final 4. Hard to argue with the coaches choice after that. But you guys are such winners. Lol. Still obsessing over last year's QB. He has moved on to bigger and better things than you guys. Y'all keep obsessing. Sad lives..

You seem to be the one obsessed with last year because that's all you talk about!If you wouldn't have started running your mouth we wouldn't even be discussing this.Your being ridiculous

You seem to be the one obsessed with last year because that's all you talk about!If you wouldn't have started running your mouth we wouldn't even be discussing this.Your being ridiculous

+1

I think everyone needs to drop it, last year is done, so let it go. Quit turning threads into talking about someone who has since graduated. Wouldn't you rather discuss your extremely impressive JR QB Poppy? Give him the limelight and attention, he deserves it.

• Like 1

+1

I think everyone needs to drop it, last year is done, so let it go. Quit turning threads into talking about someone who has since graduated. Wouldn't you rather discuss your extremely impressive JR QB Poppy? Give him the limelight and attention, he deserves it.

I would, but evidently that's not possible. Lol