Jefferson @ Pewitt

brahmas1

Who will win  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the game

• Jefferson
    • Pewitt

Don't know much about Paul Pewitt. They use to execute the Wing T to perfection. If Jefferson corrects the mental mistakes, they can win this game.

Looks like PP has got a passing attack this year from what I have read. 4 tds through the air last night.
  • Like 1

The Bulldogs continue to have way too penalties along with an unsportsmanlike conduct which seems to happen every game. Pass protection is subpar but the running game looks solid. Defense brought the wood but with as many turnovers as Waskom had Jefferson should have owned them. A lot of work to do but District play is still a month away so there is time.

The Bulldogs continue to have way too penalties along with an unsportsmanlike conduct which seems to happen every game. Pass protection is subpar but the running game looks solid. Defense brought the wood but with as many turnovers as Waskom had Jefferson should have owned them. A lot of work to do but District play is still a month away so there is time.

The unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was because of a new rule that was implemented this season, basically a celebration penalty if you lift up a teammate which sounds bizarre but that's how it was explained to me. Although it was a 15 yard penalty, in the 5 or 6 games I saw last year and the Dfield and Tatum scrimmage earlier this season, I did not see a single unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called.

I do agree that Jefferson had way too many penalties. But there were several missed calls too, an obvious pass interference in the 4th, an offsides penalty that Ray Charles saw that Waskom got away with and cost Jefferson a crucial down and I saw 3 or 4 leg whips by W which are personal fouls btw but never were called. But that's what happens when you allow the refs in the equation in a game that Jefferson should've put away in the 2nd quarter. I also agree that Jefferson has to clean up and learn how to put teams away when given the opportunities and that includes the offense becoming more aggressive in play calling. Hopefully that was a "good loss" for them that they can grow from. Although once a PP fan, I'm going with Jefferson 33-21.

The unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was because of a new rule that was implemented this season, basically a celebration penalty if you lift up a teammate which sounds bizarre but that's how it was explained to me. Although it was a 15 yard penalty, in the 5 or 6 games I saw last year and the Dfield and Tatum scrimmage earlier this season, I did not see a single unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called.

I do agree that Jefferson had way too many penalties. But there were several missed calls too, an obvious pass interference in the 4th, an offsides penalty that Ray Charles saw that Waskom got away with and cost Jefferson a crucial down and I saw 3 or 4 leg whips by W which are personal fouls btw but never were called. But that's what happens when you allow the refs in the equation in a game that Jefferson should've put away in the 2nd quarter. I also agree that Jefferson has to clean up and learn how to put teams away when given the opportunities and that includes the offense becoming more aggressive in play calling. Hopefully that was a "good loss" for them that they can grow from. Although once a PP fan, I'm going with Jefferson 33-21.

The unsportsmanlike like penalty was actually the correct call against Jefferson. It was implemented in 2015. The Jefferson player didn't pull his own player off though. The rule is you can't pull a opposing teams player off a pile and that's what the Jefferson kid did to the Waskom kid.

• Like 1

The unsportsmanlike like penalty was actually the correct call against Jefferson. It was implemented in 2015. The Jefferson player didn't pull his own player off though. The rule is you can't pull a opposing teams player off a pile and that's what the Jefferson kid did to the Waskom kid.

He has a hard time seeing through those rose colored glasses!

PP should take this one. Waskom went into Jefferson last Friday and even tho came away with a "W", they laid an egg IMO. Waskom literally tried to give Jefferson the game, and they still could not win. They are not very well disciplined, thus all the penalties. Both teams from last Friday night have a LONG way to go to get any other teams respect. If PP does not won this game, they are toast te remainder of the season.