Paul Pewitt @ Hughes Springs

Horns85

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Pewitt
    • Hughes Springs

Won't happen this year either. HS isn't nearly as good as they think they are. Beating a down Dfield team and getting throttled by Arp doesn't prove anything. HS probably has the speed advantage, but PP definately has the size and strength advantage. HS will have to chose, load up in the middle stop the run, or play back to contain the pass. I doubt their base defense can stop PP running game. PP passing is good enough to keep them honest on the outside. Will definately be a good game, I doubt it will be a blowout for either side. Of course we know you always start down at least a touchdown when you play at their place.

• Like 1

Won't happen this year either. HS isn't nearly as good as they think they are. Beating a down Dfield team and getting throttled by Arp doesn't prove anything. HS probably has the speed advantage, but PP definately has the size and strength advantage. HS will have to chose, load up in the middle stop the run, or play back to contain the pass. I doubt their base defense can stop PP running game. PP passing is good enough to keep them honest on the outside. Will definately be a good game, I doubt it will be a blowout for either side. Of course we know you always start down at least a touchdown when you play at their place.

Guess I need to show YOU where that handle is now.

• Like 1

John Conley should read this for motivation for a new hit single "Blue colored glasses"😂

Don't worry padnah, officials and scoreboard operator already spotted ya 10. Something about not wanting to blowing ya out.

Don't believe everything you hear.... The Arp game wasn't as bad as you may have heard!! Save for a few plays where the defense had the QB and the RB's behind the line, or stacked up to minimal gains.... Containment basically... It's part of the game yes,.... But it's not as if Arp just blew the doors off HS!!

HS will be up to the challenge of PP!!

• Like 1

HS was decimated last year, but it wasn't with injuries. They were decimated from a first half butt whoopin the Bulls put on them and they spent the whole second half praying the clock wouldn't stop. Those boys were packed and ready to get on the bus when they came out for the second half. HS coaches running around in circles like a Chinese fire drill wondering how to stop the stampede that was running all over them. Believe what you want but Pewitt called off the dogs after the first series of the third quarter and HS still couldn't stop them from scoring. That was the most lopsided game I have ever seen. PP could have hung a hundred on them. I'm not predicting that's what will happen Friday night, but don't let your memory get cloudy about the stomping handed out last year. It had nothing to do with injuries unless showing up to play with "no heart" has been added to the medical dictionary. Definately not what you usually get from HS.

Don't believe everything you hear.... The Arp game wasn't as bad as you may have heard!! Save for a few plays where the defense had the QB and the RB's behind the line, or stacked up to minimal gains.... Containment basically... It's part of the game yes,.... But it's not as if Arp just blew the doors off HS!!

HS will be up to the challenge of PP!!

Losses never are as bad as they seem. When your the loser.

HS was decimated last year, but it wasn't with injuries. They were decimated from a first half butt whoopin the Bulls put on them and they spent the whole second half praying the clock wouldn't stop. Those boys were packed and ready to get on the bus when they came out for the second half. HS coaches running around in circles like a Chinese fire drill wondering how to stop the stampede that was running all over them. Believe what you want but Pewitt called off the dogs after the first series of the third quarter and HS still couldn't stop them from scoring. That was the most lopsided game I have ever seen. PP could have hung a hundred on them. I'm not predicting that's what will happen Friday night, but don't let your memory get cloudy about the stomping handed out last year. It had nothing to do with injuries unless showing up to play with "no heart" has been added to the medical dictionary. Definately not what you usually get from HS.

Thanks for the recap Bubba. I had forgot. Now, bring plenty of tissue to wipe the tears, that prolly won't be the case this time.
  • Like 1

Still haven't found that handle yet, have you? Hint: it makes certain items flush!

Losses never are as bad as they seem. When your the loser.

I don't know about that. Last Saturday night felt bad, seemed bad, and looked bad if you were supporting Waskom. It was every bit as bad as it seemed.😖

I think HS will go back to the slot T when they need to score. They have the versatility to switch and that may give the edge in this one. Be a good game though.