Gilmer Buckeyes vs Carthage Bulldogs

DAWG91

Gilmer Buckeyes vs Carthage Bulldogs  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got and why?

• Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

HSFB fans from all over were there tonite. Tatum guy couple seats down from me. Joaquin guys in front of me. Car in front of me leaving the parking lot had a WOS sticker on it.

I know us Joaquin guys left at half time game was over you could tell who was gonna win after the first quarter gilmer came out swinging early in the second but that faltered quickly.

I gotta say that I am Proud of my Dawgs for taking it To Gilmer tonight! They surpassed everything I thought they would do, IN SPITE of the REPEATED failure of the Zebras to DO THEIR JOB and call Gilmer's REPEATED holds on #90 preventing him from sacking "Poppy" Brown on MANY opportunities, as well as the push of a Dawg defender which allowed the receiver to score... Pretty bad when you have to beat the refs too.....😡

• Like 1

Funny as heck, listened to second half of game on KYKX and ole Porkskin Bob and other character are freaking morons aren't they?? Dudes got Gilmer bucknuts so far up their rectum He couldn't resist saying "AND GILMER WINS 55-37!" as they ended their program. Looks like the Buckeyes got a blackeye. Way to fight DAWGS.

Coach Surratt, classy as always. Showing the Upshur Rurals how to be classy but it won't help In the long run. You should have just punched it in.

• Like 1

Just got back home to Gilmer from Carthage. Quick synopsis.....Carthage is real good! Buckeyes got out coached and athleted. Bucks defense just couldn't handle the Bulldogs running game. Buckeyes couldn't tackle up front or cover the deep pass! Offense couldn't hold onto the ball on runs, and the Carthage defense kept good pressure on QB. Overall, Carthage was the better team, by a good margin. Congrats to the Bulldogs, y'all should make anoher run for a 5th title. I think this is what the Buckeyes needed.....a good butt whipping by a better team to wake them up and correct all their mistakes. I think the win evens the series at 6 a piece if I'm not mistaken. And oh by the way......beautiful stadium, and that video scoreboard is the best that I have personally seen t a highschool. Good luck the rest of the way.

Just got back home to Gilmer from Carthage. Quick synopsis.....Carthage is real good! Buckeyes got out coached and athleted. Bucks defense just couldn't handle the Bulldogs running game. Buckeyes couldn't tackle up front or cover the deep pass! Offense couldn't hold onto the ball on runs, and the Carthage defense kept good pressure on QB. Overall, Carthage was the better team, by a good margin. Congrats to the Bulldogs, y'all should make anoher run for a 5th title. I think this is what the Buckeyes needed.....a good butt whipping by a better team to wake them up and correct all their mistakes. I think the win evens the series at 6 a piece if I'm not mistaken. And oh by the way......beautiful stadium, and that video scoreboard is the best that I have personally seen t a highschool. Good luck the rest of the way.

Funny as heck, listened to second half of game on KYKX and ole Porkskin Bob and other character are freaking morons aren't they?? Dudes got Gilmer bucknuts so far up their rectum He couldn't resist saying "AND GILMER WINS 55-37!" as they ended their program. Looks like the Buckeyes got a blackeye. Way to fight DAWGS.

Coach Surratt, classy as always. Showing the Upshur Rurals how to be classy but it won't help In the long run. You should have just punched it in.

Surrat is a class act. Your comments show your class to us Upshur Rurals as well. Thanks

• Like 1

Naw, Surratt remembers Gilmer taking knees at the end of the 2014 game with a couple of minutes left.

Nothing but respect between these two programs.

Good game Dawgs, no doubt y`all were the better team this year. #28 can run that ball, but I thought #25 played the best game out of anyone. That kid was all over the field making tackles. Good luck the rest of the way, hope y`all have a successful and injury free season.

See you next year in Gilmer.

Ok, just a few quick observations.

For Carthage:

1. This is a really balanced offence. Ingram is a beast. Doesn't go down with arm tackles. Sees the hole and gets to it in a hurry. And they have 2 receivers that are very good. If you load the box to stop Ingram, they'll kill you with the quick slant.

2. They may be even better on defense. The front 3 are very good, and best secondary Gilmer has seen (and may see all year). They didn't get beat deep, they rallied to the ball well, and they created very tight windows to throw into. Also timed their hits on receivers perfectly.

3. Carthage has good size on both sides of the ball. I could see this team making a long playoff run.

Now for Gilmer:

1. Gilmer got beat by a better team, but 3 turnovers in the first quarter will get them beat in the future. Must clean that up.

2. Gilmer also has to establish a running game. It was tough sledding against Carthage, but they had some success with the jet sweeps. I think they have to play Ward more. He is the one back they have who can pound ahead.

3. Gilmer is going to have problems with big O lines and good Running backs. They just don't have the size.

4. Poppy will get better about seeing all the field. He threw into double coverage some when the underneath receivers were open.

5. Really impressed that Gilmer didn't roll over at 49-17. They showed a lot of character.

Both teams should have good years. Both teams should get better.

Ok, just a few quick observations.

For Carthage:

1. This is a really balanced offence. Ingram is a beast. Doesn't go down with arm tackles. Sees the hole and gets to it in a hurry. And they have 2 receivers that are very good. If you load the box to stop Ingram, they'll kill you with the quick slant.

2. They may be even better on defense. The front 3 are very good, and best secondary Gilmer has seen (and may see all year). They didn't get beat deep, they rallied to the ball well, and they created very tight windows to throw into. Also timed their hits on receivers perfectly.

3. Carthage has good size on both sides of the ball. I could see this team making a long playoff run.

Now for Gilmer:

1. Gilmer got beat by a better team, but 3 turnovers in the first quarter will get them beat in the future. Must clean that up.

2. Gilmer also has to establish a running game. It was tough sledding against Carthage, but they had some success with the jet sweeps. I think they have to play Ward more. He is the one back they have who can pound ahead.

3. Gilmer is going to have problems with big O lines and good Running backs. They just don't have the size.

4. Poppy will get better about seeing all the field. He threw into double coverage some when the underneath receivers were open.

5. Really impressed that Gilmer didn't roll over at 49-17. They showed a lot of character.

Both teams should have good years. Both teams should get better.