L 47-28 Grand Saline

W 42-36 Union Grove

West Rusk (3-0)

W 40-12 Winnsboro

W 37-14 All Saints

W 42-15 Sabine

Last Meeting:

West Rusk 45 New Diana 6 (2015)

The Raiders continue to build on to another successful season. New Diana seems to be an improved team this season, possible upset?

Also this is the first of two "Touchdowns Against Cancer" games for West Rusk. The second will be the Homecoming game against Troup Sept. 30th. MaxPreps.com and PledgeIt are teaming up to raise funds for St. Jude. You simply sign up to donate a set dollar amount per touchdown your team scores.

Arp/WR for #1and 2.. either or

Beckville/ef #3 and 4 either or

dude do some research please. Beckville is not very good. They're record is against down teams combined for 2-7. Beckville has given up more yards than almost the entire district combined and have the weakest schedule. Beckville is headed to the slaughter of 9-3AD2

Troup is in the hunt. Waskom will still be in the top two.

Troup will be our number 2 or 3 team. West Rusk didn't play super strong schedule but a respectable one for sure. I'd like to seen them play a game they shouldn't have won but could have. On Hudl they look great. Troup is fast and big. Keep shooting themselves in the foot. But that qb and wr combo is good and add the big Rb they have they are solid. EF is good enough to beat any of us on any night. Very exciting football team to watch. They score and play pretty good defense. Waskom is better than the posters on here are playing things out yo be. This week Waskom will flex it's muscles. Don't be surprised if they are still alive in round 3. Arp is Arp. They are trying to stay level grounded and get better every week. Right now I'm sticking with my preseason picks

Arp

West Rusk

Troup

EF or Waskom

By playoffs time any of these teams will be the last team others want to face.

Tbh, Beckville is making things interesting. Elysian Fields is no slouch either. Troup is much improved. Ironically Waskom is shaping up to be a bottom feeder this season.

Waskom's past success forced them into a stronger preseason schedule. Last year's team would have provided great entertainment against Harmony and Grace. Now, my concern is the mentality of these kids. They have witnessed great success but few were key players for that. If they don't figure out being great is very hard and takes tremendous effort they will feed from the bottom. My picks are Arp and WR for the district title. After that, only a miracle sends the rest past the first round.