Mr. P

Buckeyes at Sooners  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes this one?

• #3 Ohio State (2-0)
    • #14 Oklahoma (1-1)

0ZIEttL.jpgsmrZq3h.jpg

The Buckeyes (.722) and Sooners (.720) rank third and fourth in all-time winning percentage, and have combined for 1,736 victories and 12 national titles. Since 2000, OU and Ohio State are tied for the lead in wins among Power Five conference teams with 170 each.
OU will play at Ohio State in 2017. This year's meeting will be just the third all-time. Oklahoma fell 24-14 to the Buckeyes in Norman in 1983, but in 1977 third-ranked OU traveled to fourth-ranked OSU and delivered one of the most iconic wins in school history.
In a game remembered by its penultimate play, Ray Finkle directed the Ohio State faithful in a chant of "Block that kick!" before nailing a 41-yard field goal to give Barry Switzer's Sooners a 29-28 win over Woody Hayes' Buckeyes.

Ohio State on the road under Urban Meyer....

18-0

5 of those against ranked opponents

They're horrible on the road, :lol:

To be fair, he did say they play their worst. Doesn't mean they lost the games, just means they don't play as well on the road as at home.

To be fair, he did say they play their worst. Doesn't mean they lost the games, just means they don't play as well on the road as at home.

They've lost 3 home games under Urban Meyer. They're undefeated on the road. I don't care what the winning margin is, they're undefeated on one, and have losses on the other. That says they do not play their worst on the road. Not when they have yet to do something they've done 3 times at home......lose.

They've lost 3 home games under Urban Meyer. They're undefeated on the road. I don't care what the winning margin is, they're undefeated on one, and have losses on the other. That says they do not play their worst on the road. Not when they have yet to do something they've done 3 times at home......lose.

I've seen teams play a game and lose, then turn around the next week and play worse and still win. I've seen that happen many times with many teams.

I by no means am saying Texas is as good as Ohio state at this point...but if OU struggles defensively against Ohio state, that can't make the OU faithful confident strolling into the Cotton Bowl.

Couldn't possibly be more irrelevant.

I think Ohio State wins, simply because I don't trust Mike Stoops running the secondary and think Riley will panic and go away from the run too early, again.

Something to keep an eye on for this game is the weather. Reports of possible thunderstorms Saturday night in Norman. If the rain becomes a factor, I think its an enormous advantage for OU.

• Like 1

...and think Riley will panic and go away from the run too early, again.

This, so much this.

What does he have to lose by forcing Ohio State to stop the run? If Perine gets 20 carries and only 50 yards. Welp, nothing Riley could've done about that, OU just got licked up front.

But to only give that 230-pound beast man only 6 carries (see: Houston)? To only give Mixon 6 shots to break one off (again, see: Houston)? Criminal.

Hey, I love Baker as much as any OU fan, but he ain't the only weapon we got on offense. C'mon man, share the wealth.

EDIT: I didn't realize that Perine and Mixon only had 6 carries apiece. I've amended this post.

• Like 1

Because it keeps the ball on the ground and OU has a huge advantage in this area. OU has a better run game and it would help relieve the liability of OU's suspect secondary when they are on defense.

I think that's a matter of opinion though. I think Ohio State has more options at the RB position. I think they have a better OL. And I think they have a better defense to stop the run. So all around, I think that benefits Ohio State more. Ohio State has a QB that is also a running threat, Baker Mayfield is not. So if it comes down to the teams being forced to run, who will be getting the ball will be much more predictable for OU than Ohio State.

I think that's a matter of opinion though. I think Ohio State has more options at the RB position. I think they have a better OL. And I think they have a better defense to stop the run. So all around, I think that benefits Ohio State more. Ohio State has a QB that is also a running threat, Baker Mayfield is not. So if it comes down to the teams being forced to run, who will be getting the ball will be much more predictable for OU than Ohio State.

You lost me at "Ohio State has more options at the RB position"