Nacogdocbes dragons uses drones at practice

nacdragon07

Sure. I'm sure several other teams are doing it. I know that QuadCopters can get kinda pricey, but think of it as an "All 22" different perspective on practice. Instead of a coach seeing how a play looks from behind the offense or defense, or from the side, he can see from overhead how things look. That would allow the coach to make different adjustments in positioning and such.

Just another tool, at this point.

The story is on ktre http://m.ktre.com/ktre/db_346250/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=BYKcjCVE I don't know how many schools are using this. I want to hear some thoughts on this.

I don't like when it's flying around at games! I didn't see it, but some of the sideliners said y'all had it at the game. Other than that, don't care. It's good for coaches if they want to utilize it. Lufkin has a better one by the way lol..

I don't like when it's flying around at games! I didn't see it, but some of the sideliners said y'all had it at the game. Other than that, don't care. It's good for coaches if they want to utilize it. Lufkin has a better one by the way lol..

To my understanding, they're not supposed to be used during games. Practices are fine, but that's my understanding. I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice before.

To my understanding, they're not supposed to be used during games. Practices are fine, but that's my understanding. I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice before.

You're probably right. I think Packattack said something similar, because we couldn't fly our drone during the game. What person would want something like that flying at a game anyways??

I have seen a lot of the local bands using them during there halftime performance. Lots of teams using them at practice, I will look to see if I can find the story, but I could have sworn I saw something from the UIL before the season that addressed the use of drones during the actual game.

Bear Bryant would watch practice from an elevated stand 50 years ago. This is no different.

So did Coach Landry and they share the same birthday. I think it's a great idea for practices, because it would correct many mistakes. Sometimes I would hate watching film in the 80's, because even then the quality wasn't so good or maybe they were still using old cameras from the 50's.

I Cannot believe that good old Abe Mart Stadium has not gotten an upgrade yet. That Press Box needs to be renovated and the Track surface replaced ten years ago.

We have a new field, video screen and also added new stands on each side. That's not bad, considering most stadiums around the pines don't get upgrades...at least not the ones you're talking about..