Tiger1995

Arp vs Waskom  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

I'm with JJ there is always next year and with saying that I believe we will go far in playoffs this year. Heck we might even 3 peat! But 1 thing for sure you better watch your back because the next 4 to 5 years be looking for Waskom to be bringing home the hardware. We are building extra building now to store it all. If Arp cannot do it this year those guys may want to move here because this is the town state champions come from. Several kids aready being looked at from Texas Tech ,A&M and even Army. We are doing this big around here just like they did in Arp

• Like 1

I'm with JJ there is always next year and with saying that I believe we will go far in playoffs this year. Heck we might even 3 peat! But 1 thing for sure you better watch your back because the next 4 to 5 years be looking for Waskom to be bringing home the hardware. We are building extra building now to store it all. If Arp cannot do it this year those guys may want to move here because this is the town state champions come from. Several kids aready being looked at from Texas Tech ,A&M and even Army. We are doing this big around here just like they did in Arp

y'all got some crazy talent coming up. We agree totally with that. Your freshman class is a special one

A close score would be encouraging to Waskom and a big embarrassing blot on Arp's season. In my mind Arp needs to win by 45 points to avoid the embarrassment.

Arp just needs to stay healthy and win. By how many makes no damn difference.

When the season is over nobody is going to go back to this game and say oh man Waskom played close.

Theyll just say Waskom lost.

When the season is over nobody is going to go back to this game and say oh man Waskom played close.

Now don't get your panties so wadded up you can't enjoy the week ole buddy😀. But, I remember reading several times where you wrote how close Arp played Waskom last year. And you are right. People only remember that Waskom beat Arp on their journey to their second state championship.

At the end of the season they'll be saying the same thing that you'll be saying Friday night, "Arp should've won this game"!

Now don't get your panties so wadded up you can't enjoy the week ole buddy😀. But, I remember reading several times where you wrote how close Arp played Waskom last year. And you are right. People only remember that Waskom beat Arp on their journey to their second state championship.

that's why I said that. Experience. Doesn't stop me from saying it again tho

Since when is three TD's "close"? Don't care if it's 20-0 or 40-20!! Until such time Arp does beat Waskom again, JJ will continue to grasp at straws!! JJ, I'm helping calling the games this year on the radio. Please make sure the a/c is plugged in!! A glass of ice water would be good also!!

Gonna be watching Judah Bell play for the Naval Academy next season. Talked to him following the game Friday night. He's gonna be a good"in. WILL not face another receiver if his caliber the rest of the year, unless the playoffs.

Thats not the only high caliber 6'4 receiver ur gonna see. I don't know the wk 4 stat totals yet but as of end of wk 3- we got one that out of all east texas receivers was 1st in yards, 1st in tds and 2nd in receptions. There's more headaches headed yalls way.

Thats not the only high caliber 6'4 receiver ur gonna see. I don't know the wk 4 stat totals yet but as of end of wk 3- we got one that out of all east texas receivers was 1st in yards, 1st in tds and 2nd in receptions. There's more headaches headed yalls way.

Where are you getting your stats from?

I read the article where they referred to Parker and if I remember correctly they did clarify him as the leading receiver for public schools. Either way the kid is killing it.

I read the article where they referred to Parker and if I remember correctly they did clarify him as the leading receiver for public schools. Either way the kid is killing it.

Not saying that he's not a good receiver, just that he's not leading in all those categories. He is leading all public schools in yardage according to ETSN but that's all.

Not saying that he's not a good receiver, just that he's not leading in all those categories. He is leading all public schools in yardage according to ETSN but that's all.

it's all good, Parker Will finish his high school football career on a high note, but back to Waskom and arp, I'm looking for a good old cat fight Friday night, jj seems to think arp has the tools to stop the two time defending state champion.

it's all good, Parker Will finish his high school football career on a high note, but back to Waskom and arp, I'm looking for a good old cat fight Friday night, jj seems to think arp has the tools to stop the two time defending state champion.

He always does. These boys were playing like what I was used to seeing Friday night so we will see. They have learned a lot in the preseason. Our speedsters are learning how to run with patience. Qb rushed for 126 and has proved he has pretty good touch on the pass if we need it. Our defense appears has shown that they have learned a lot of things also. Very few of these kids played varsity last year so they are gonna have brain #### from time to time but they are getting rare. They have gotten better on both sides of the ball each week. Imo that is all you can ask for. Good night smoaky peeps.

Without a doubt it's going to be a cat fight. I think JJ is still a little too excited after Arp's game against Shelbyville from Friday night. Yes Arp won and won big....62-14...but after watching the game, Arp's win wasn't as impressive as the score was. Shelbyville turned the ball over 6 times out of their 10 possessions and most were in their own territory. Shelbyville also runs the Slot T and their O-line currently lacks the physicality it takes to be successful running that offense. Arp stacked the box and just over powered them all night. So with all that said I think even JJ is unsure if Arp really has the tools needed to make a run deep into the playoffs. Everyone loves JJ but we also know that he brings no substance to back up what he is saying. Here's some substance for you guys.....take the lopsided blowout against shelbyville (2A) out but don't worry JJ, for this stat we'll keep Alto in which is another 2A school you guys scheduled. Arp did play Tatum so that helps out your strength of schedule lol. What you're left with is 31 point average per game for and 17 points against. Hmmmm....so Arp has only outscored their opponents 31-17.