Hooks at New Diana

BluesMan1974

I saw last night coming I knew we would throttle dekalb but just kept quiet. Hooks has speed and yes we know speed we just got out of district with waskom white oak west Rusk. Yes it is different year but Diana will score and I don't believe will be held to 14 or less. West Rusk ain't slow this year and Hooks don't have the size West Rusk had. Every week is different and better. Hooks will be a challenge for this team that improves by leaps and bounds every week. We will make lil rumble rest of year and the noise will come next year. I see Hooks winning but it will not be like everyone thinks. Their speed will be problem on our defence but the way these kids are taking to this program and routs they run takes speed out of equation a lot on defence. It will be fun to watch. Good luck to both teams. Lets just see some good football

I will say, I was impressed by ND play against DK!! They made DK look slow. They passed well and played at a great level. I don't expect Hooks to sit back and rush just 3 like DK. I expect Hooks to pressure the QB and force QB to make quick decision. If he makes good decisions it could be a close game. If he rushes it could be a blow out!!

Playing against speed is not new for Diana. We returned 9 starters on both sides of the ball that just spent the last 2 years playing against Waskom, Arp, EF, West Rusk, Winona, Frankston...not to mention a non district schedule that included Jefferson and Garrison to name a couple, and I know those games didn't go our way, but this 2016 team is improving and we still have many obstacles that are new to us. Facing speed is not one of them.

• Like 1

Well ND may be undefeated when we play Daingerfield. So that would be a very good game. But the Focus is this coming week.

Yes Hooks has speed and so does ND. Like I said earlier, I don't think HOOKS has been hit like they will be this Friday. ND players should all be healthy for the 1st time all season and with it being a Home for the Eagles, Hooks will not have seen the likes of this coming Friday Night.

The win against DeKalb will be seen as the turning point of the program. Who would have thought that ND would be up 39-0 at the Half.

A team with Confidence is a dangerous team.

I look forward to a very good game.

The team that makes the least mistakes, WINS.

Trust me, Hooks is no stranger to get dishing a hit or being hit. I guess this is your way of saying HS, NB, And RW don't know how to hit?? If yall beat Hooks I will give ya a little respect, but don't stand her and pound your chest because yall beat Dekalb. Its gonna be a closer game than what people originally thought.

Pounding my chest by saying ND can hit. Not really. Just saying ND can hit. and yes all all teams can hit, but will they.

Let's just see what happens on Friday Night. It should be a good game.

But, just for the record, your the one doing all the predicting and all the blah blah blah.

Pounding my chest by saying ND can hit. Not really. Just saying ND can hit. and yes all all teams can hit, but will they.

Let's just see what happens on Friday Night. It should be a good game.

But, just for the record, your the one doing all the predicting and all the blah blah blah.

Cause that what ya do on smoaky, ya just blah blah blah.

Trust me, Hooks is no stranger to get dishing a hit or being hit. I guess this is your way of saying HS, NB, And RW don't know how to hit?? If yall beat Hooks I will give ya a little respect, but don't stand her and pound your chest because yall beat Dekalb. Its gonna be a closer game than what people originally thought.

I have to agree with this post, beating dekalb isn't much of a statement. Every year is supposed to be their big year and when it isn't it's because they are a young team. Well guess what, when you only bring out 40 kids every season your going to be young every year. Dekalb always plays with heart and intensity, they just don't bring out the numbers each year to compete for 10 weeks. No disrespect, it is what it is. You just can't hang with 40 kids when the other programs are bringing 55 to 80 out each season.

• Like 2

I have to agree with this post, beating dekalb isn't much of a statement. Every year is supposed to be their big year and when it isn't it's because they are a young team. Well guess what, when you only bring out 40 kids every season your going to be young every year. Dekalb always plays with heart and intensity, they just don't bring out the numbers each year to compete for 10 weeks. No disrespect, it is what it is. You just can't hang with 40 kids when the other programs are bringing 55 to 80 out each season.

I think we were around 10 kids from dropping down last realignment.