White Oak vs Hughes Springs

FootballFanatic16

White Oak vs Hughes Springs  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Roughnecks
    • Mustangs

Welcome to Smoaky.com, the sports authority for East and Central Texas

While thoughtful and informative dialogue along with some friendly banter and light ribbing is welcome we ask that you observe and follow the guidelines and rules of posting in the forums of SDC. Please, make yourself aware of the following rules and take note that the staff of SDC will enforce them.

Bashing of Coaches, teams, players,schools, or game officials will not be tolerated.

Bashing of, or arguing with staff members (moderators/administrators) decisions pertaining to conduct or duties will not be tolerated.

Foul language is prohibited. The use of symbols to circumvent filters is not appropriate. Example: $ is the sign for money, not an “S” so don’t use it as one!

All Spam content will be deleted and those guilty will be subject to expulsion from SDC

Trolling will NOT be tolerated.

Smoaky.com welcomes advertising and has some very appealing advertising packages. Please contact David Smoak at [email protected] or one of his administrators to discuss prior to posting ads.

Members may only have one active account. Those found to be in violation of this rule may face expulsion.

While we welcome your input please remember to stay on topic. If you feel the need to stray from the topic please create a new thread about your thoughts.

SDC is not a rumor mill, do not use it as one. You may contact David Smoak personally at [email protected] to check the vailidity of a possible story, rumor, or hearsay before posting in the public forums. Threads/Posts deemed to be rumors will be deleted by SDC staff.

At any time threads/posts may be edited, moved, deleted, or locked by SDC staff.

Smoaky.com reserves the right to refuse any memberships under any and all circumstances at all times.

Violations of the rules may result in warnings, issuance of warning points, temporary suspension of posting privileges, and in the most extreme cases permanent expulsion.

Please abide by these rules and we hope you enjoy SDC. Feel free to share your thoughts and we hope that you can find the information contained within informative and entertaining. We welcome you and look forward to seeing you around the forums.

A note from David Smoak:

Welcome and thank you for joining and participating in Smoaky.com. While I thoroughly enjoy your time, banter, discussions, and opinions please do not cross the line and all will be well.

Sincerely,

Smoaky

Wins over Daingerfield 24-0, Pewitt 52-12 and Hooks 14-13

Lost to Arp 42-22 and Garrison 50-13[/quot

Curious about the Arp/Garrison comparison. I know y'all had some bad things happen against Arp or that would have been a lot closer. Garrison appears to be in the strongest district in the region.

I'm not trying be a homer (JJ will be here soon to argue) but the Arp game was closer than the score. Medlock burnt us a couple times and the QB was good. We had 3 or 4 turnovers and if I remember correctly Arp scored on 2 or 3. I remember one distinctly was deep in there territory and we fumbled and they scooped and scored which was a 14 point swing. Arp probably had the most overall speed and I'm not trying to take away from the likes on Hooks or Garrison. Garrison had us out manned on both lines and couldnt get in a rthym offensively. They have a couple fast kids that can take it to the house from anywhere. There QB throws a pretty pass as well. I can't recall the number but has a kid if he gets behind defense and makes the catch, he is hard to catch. Garrison I believe was more physical than Arp though. Once we got down 20 in first half it was catch up and juse couldn't get anything going. The game plan changed.

At this point in season I don't know that Arp or Garrison has a advantage over the other. IF I had to choose I would say Garrison just because of physical size.

• Like 2

I still remember all the wisdom you handed out before. "HS had negative 10yds on the first 15 plays, they can't win cause they can't score"....."we scored twice on Tatum"......but we played the game anyway, and you know how it turned out. Just the opposite right? We scored 4 times and y'all had -9 yards in FOUR quarters. So thanks for the advice bud...but LMBO....we will prepare for WO and play that game anyhow.

You're playing because they make you show up but you won't win...you have made plenty of wrong predictions bud...like I said live in week 1 bro it will cost you the playoffs...PLAYOFFS!!

I'm not trying be a homer (JJ will be here soon to argue) but the Arp game was closer than the score. Medlock burnt us a couple times and the QB was good. We had 3 or 4 turnovers and if I remember correctly Arp scored on 2 or 3. I remember one distinctly was deep in there territory and we fumbled and they scooped and scored which was a 14 point swing. Arp probably had the most overall speed and I'm not trying to take away from the likes on Hooks or Garrison. Garrison had us out manned on both lines and couldnt get in a rthym offensively. They have a couple fast kids that can take it to the house from anywhere. There QB throws a pretty pass as well. I can't recall the number but has a kid if he gets behind defense and makes the catch, he is hard to catch. Garrison I believe was more physical than Arp though. Once we got down 20 in first half it was catch up and juse couldn't get anything going. The game plan changed.

At this point in season I don't know that Arp or Garrison has a advantage over the other. IF I had to choose I would say Garrison just because of physical size.

What is interesting is that Arp beat Alto 27-7 yet Alto beat Garrison 42-41. Garrison beats HS 50-13. Arp beats HS 42-20.

So could Arp beat Garrison and how does White Oak compare to Arp or Garrison? If you are confused then so am I. :lol:

• Like 1

Im honestly supprised I didn't earn myself a suspension from the HS garrison thread

Some of it got pretty ugly. Sometimes "discretion is the better part of valor". I am guilty of mixing it up myself, but I try to remind myself that a lot of players read these threads too. I don't take anything personal on SDC, but words can be perceived differently by others.

• Like 1

Some of it got pretty ugly. Sometimes "discretion is the better part of valor". I am guilty of mixing it up myself, but I try to remind myself that a lot of players read these threads too. I don't take anything personal on SDC, but words can be perceived differently by others.

+1000