Elysian Fields at Waskom

jacketpride58

Yes it's time. The big game is here. I think after a bye week we should be pretty healthy and up to this challenge. Will be a good game as most are. Going with my Warriors 27-21. Put pressure on Logan and see what happens, He may burn us but we might be able to rattle him some and slow them down. We can contain them with the run but the air may hurt us. Ride or die I'm with my Wildcat. But I'm also a Hughes fan too. Known the boy since he was small and know he is a very good player. Good luck to both teams , but Wildcats wins this one. The district will look different come Friday night .

There was a few things that impressed me about EF the other night that I haven't seen in the last three years, one is their defense is quick and hard hitting, their offense will take what the defense gives them it was obvious last night that Arp was giving EF the short game and they took it, not many long passes completed. EF receivers did not drop many passes and most of those passes where dead on. Waskom will have to play man up and jam things at the line of scrimmage and hope to put pressure on the QB. I thought EF lost most of their team last year and with the early easy schedule they might not be as good as the 5-0 start indicated, but with the whipping they gave Arp and it was a whipping as EF had two passes intercepted in the end zone, EF would have won by three TD's. Arp did go up on EF but EF took a kick off all the way back on the next play and that took the wind out of Arp sail. I was hoping for a EF win to give Waskom a chance and that is what happened, I didn't expect it but now the Waskom/EF game just become a lot more interesting. Oh by the way I did say if you can't make Logan run for his life he will pick you apart and that is what he did to Arp. Arp will have to hope somebody beats EF down the road to get them back in the game for the District title.

There was a few things that impressed me about EF the other night that I haven't seen in the last three years, one is their defense is quick and hard hitting, their offense will take what the defense gives them it was obvious last night that Arp was giving EF the short game and they took it, not many long passes completed. EF receivers did not drop many passes and most of those passes where dead on. Waskom will have to play man up and jam things at the line of scrimmage and hope to put pressure on the QB. I thought EF lost most of their team last year and with the early easy schedule they might not be as good as the 5-0 start indicated, but with the whipping they gave Arp and it was a whipping as EF had two passes intercepted in the end zone, EF would have won by three TD's. Arp did go up on EF but EF took a kick off all the way back on the next play and that took the wind out of Arp sail. I was hoping for a EF win to give Waskom a chance and that is what happened, I didn't expect it but now the Waskom/EF game just become a lot more interesting. Oh by the way I did say if you can't make Logan run for his life he will pick you apart and that is what he did to Arp. Arp will have to hope somebody beats EF down the road to get them back in the game for the District title.

EF line was the best we played yet. Honestly they owned that part of the game. They are a lot better than I thought. Gonna be interesting to see how they matchup to Waskom and West Rusk. At this point I think bot west Rusk and EF are the better teams in district. Arp has the defense but lack of performance on offense has put Arps defense in tough struggles.
  • Like 1

It seems to me Arp needs to get medlock in space once hes back healthy to open up the offense. Right now it's predictable what they are doing. We did have some younger kids step up last night and last week to give us even more options. It will be interesting to see how Irwin adjusts to what ee do offensively.

EF line was the best we played yet. Honestly they owned that part of the game. They are a lot better than I thought. Gonna be interesting to see how they matchup to Waskom and West Rusk. At this point I think bot west Rusk and EF are the better teams in district. Arp has the defense but lack of performance on offense has put Arps defense in tough struggles.

i was thinking Arp would adjust in the second half and jam the receivers at the line and take a chance on the deep pass being completed since that is the higher percentage pass, it is hard to sack a QB who is releasing the ball very quick.

It seems to me Arp needs to get medlock in space once hes back healthy to open up the offense. Right now it's predictable what they are doing. We did have some younger kids step up last night and last week to give us even more options. It will be interesting to see how Irwin adjusts to what ee do offensively.

Number 26 was Arps best back against EF, Medlock never got into the game and also I thought 6 would make a bigger impact but they kept him in deep coverage all night

One thing we need to be able to do is find ways to free Parker up on the offense when they are trying to double team him with their top players. Not sure what that sould be since I'm not a expert on that stuff but Im sure there are some things we can try.

I was glad to see us get tested in this way-- 4th qtr, game tied 27-27, fans screaming, bands rocking and the game on the line. What are you gonna do? Can you go finish the game in a high pressure situation? That showed me something.

• Like 1

Number 26 was Arps best back against EF, Medlock never got into the game and also I thought 6 would make a bigger impact but they kept him in deep coverage all night

To me Wild Medlock hasn't been a factor for Arp all yr and JJ says he averages only 5 carries a game isn't good for a back that was your leading rusher last yr but the EF Waskom game I think will be a closer game than most think with EF winning a close one

One thing we need to be able to do is find ways to free Parker up on the offense when they are trying to double team him with their top players. Not sure what that sould be since I'm not a expert on that stuff but Im sure there are some things we can try.

I was glad to see us get tested in this way-- 4th qtr, game tied 27-27, fans screaming, bands rocking and the game on the line. What are you gonna do? Can you go finish the game in a high pressure situation? That showed me something.

Actually in my view if teams are doubling up on Parker that is helping the other receivers get free with one on one coverage, it was obvious last night Arp was not going to let Parker beat them deep, but unfortunate for Arp the other receivers tore them up on the short routes. Nickled and dimed them all night

Ef going roll us this year.. that's ok tho I can accept it for what it is.. I know our coaches will shake hands regardless..

I wouldn't be so sure just yet quickshot, I am sure we will play EF different than Arp and take the chance on the long pass to beat us, we are very quick and our offense takes a lot of time off the clock, there is no doubt that EF has a leg up this year going into the game we still have the tools to make it close.

To me Wild Medlock hasn't been a factor for Arp all yr and JJ says he averages only 5 carries a game isn't good for a back that was your leading rusher last yr but the EF Waskom game I think will be a closer game than most think with EF winning a close one

I'm going to agree with you. I understood it at first but now its in my mind hurting us in a lot ways

Yes it's time. The big game is here. I think after a bye week we should be pretty healthy and up to this challenge. Will be a good game as most are. Going with my Warriors 27-21. Put pressure on Logan and see what happens, He may burn us but we might be able to rattle him some and slow them down. We can contain them with the run but the air may hurt us. Ride or die I'm with my Wildcat. But I'm also a Hughes fan too. Known the boy since he was small and know he is a very good player. Good luck to both teams , but Wildcats wins this one. The district will look different come Friday night .

Easier said that done as far as putting pressure on Hughes. EF's OL is huge and athletic, they have given up 1 sack all year on about 100 passes. RB's also block well, Arp blitzed the LB #33 all night and he got stoned by the RB all nite.

I'm starting to see a trend with Arp yearly and getting its offense.rolling. seems like we have made it the norm to struggle offensively through the first half of the season. Seems like Arp just can't find what we do well to start with and improve on it from their. I'm not there in person so it's hard to know how the kids are reacting on the sidelines.