Elysian Fields at Waskom

jacketpride58

I'm starting to see a trend with Arp yearly and getting its offense.rolling. seems like we have made it the norm to struggle offensively through the first half of the season. Seems like Arp just can't find what we do well to start with and improve on it from their. I'm not there in person so it's hard to know how the kids are reacting on the sidelines.

Arp has as much or more talent in the district this year as anyone. Arp did not run the triple option all night, the QB didn't make one pitch to the flex back all night that I can remember. They did run the jet sweeps fairly good.

Win, lose or draw I have to ride with them Wildcats. I'm hoping Coach Pearson will be able to show some different blitz packages to slow Hughes and company down but it seems like EF is pretty good at picking the blitz up so we will just have to wait and see how this one plays itself out. The secondary we have in Waskom hasn't been the best at stopping the pass so don't know how we are going to be able to afford to blitz too much. Anyway, this game is one of the most storied rivalries in East Texas so no telling what could happen when it's all said and done. Come on Wildcats and lets continue the recent dominance of EF and if not, keep your heads up and continue to fight!

Arp has as much or more talent in the district this year as anyone. Arp did not run the triple option all night, the QB didn't make one pitch to the flex back all night that I can remember. They did run the jet sweeps fairly good.

i didn't see any either today. It's mind boggling to me. But maybe the coach feels it's best to build a complete team vs leaning on its horses. Sounds silly but if you look at the playoff bracket there's no easy way through region but to build your team the best you can. I gotta believe EF took us by surprise the first 1-1/2 qtrs.thats when EF won the game imo and its last drive to score. I don't know that we thought they'd shut us down that early. But they damn sure did.now that said I haven't asked about healthy or anything like that but other than Medlock having a helmet to the shin to start the 3rd the Tigers where pretty healthy.

I wouldn't be so sure just yet quickshot, I am sure we will play EF different than Arp and take the chance on the long pass to beat us, we are very quick and our offense takes a lot of time off the clock, there is no doubt that EF has a leg up this year going into the game we still have the tools to make it close.

Yes, but error free ball is a must, and so far at mid season this is something that we have proven over and over that we CAN NOT do. To beat them CONSISTENT pressure will have to he put on the QB. One or two or even three times over the course of the game will not be enough. Force them to use their running game to set up the passing game. Honestly don't know who in the "D" backfield we have that's healthy enough to cover #10 one on one. Will be fun to watch KJ from WR go up against him. Don't know if anyone else in District is up to the task. Thought EF lost a ton at the skilled positions last year, but apparently not, they own a share if the District crown as we speak, they have one of the most explosive offenses in the District. The only reason I say "one of the" is only because I have no clue what WR brings to the table. One thing that EF brings to each and every game this season is a sense of UNITY, something I have not seen in several years outta those guys. A large part of this has to do with the loss of #5 out there on the field with them. Or have they REALLY lost him? I'm kinda thinking that each and every one of those kids that take the field every Friday takes the field right along side #5 in their own way. Good luck to both. Gonna be fun calling this game out over radio land.

• Like 1

Yes, but error free ball is a must, and so far at mid season this is something that we have proven over and over that we CAN NOT do. To beat them CONSISTENT pressure will have to he put on the QB. One or two or even three times over the course of the game will not be enough. Force them to use their running game to set up the passing game. Honestly don't know who in the "D" backfield we have that's healthy enough to cover #10 one on one. Will be fun to watch KJ from WR go up against him. Don't know if anyone else in District is up to the task. Thought EF lost a ton at the skilled positions last year, but apparently not, they own a share if the District crown as we speak, they have one of the most explosive offenses in the District. The only reason I say "one of the" is only because I have no clue what WR brings to the table. One thing that EF brings to each and every game this season is a sense of UNITY, something I have not seen in several years outta those guys. A large part of this has to do with the loss of #5 out there on the field with them. Or have they REALLY lost him? I'm kinda thinking that each and every one of those kids that take the field every Friday takes the field right along side #5 in their own way. Good luck to both. Gonna be fun calling this game out over radio land.

Error free football is a must, can't put ourselves in 3rd and long we haven't got the backs to get those long yards right now.

realest post I've seen on a the smoak in a while. Kris will never be replaced or forgotten but his ability to lead his team didn't go anywhere. He may not physically be here, but everybody in the stands feels him with us, and those guys on the field know he's with them. He's a blessing to our team, and his family's support will always be a blessing to EF

realest post I've seen on a the smoak in a while. Kris will never be replaced or forgotten but his ability to lead his team didn't go anywhere. He may not physically be here, but everybody in the stands feels him with us, and those guys on the field know he's with them. He's a blessing to our team, and his family's support will always be a blessing to EF

As I said, you can sense this by watching them.

EF threw two deep balls both where intercepted. Arp sacked Hughes 3 times. It's EFs quick release and 3-4 yard catch and run that's hard to stop. Defensively they stretch out the plays sidelibe to sideline.

Arp had no sacks...Hughes has 2 negative plays the entire game with the ball in his hands, both were zone reads he lost 2 yards in the 3rd qt on one and 3 yards on one in the 4th.

Arp had no sacks...Hughes has 2 negative plays the entire game with the ball in his hands, both were zone reads he lost 2 yards in the 3rd qt on one and 3 yards on one in the 4th.

I just watched the game yesterday. 65 got twice rolling out and 11 once. Qb had the ball behind the line of scrimmage that's a sack.

I just watched the game yesterday. 65 got twice rolling out and 11 once. Qb had the ball behind the line of scrimmage that's a sack.

The play was a zone read and the qb had to improvise, I charted the game. I talked to coach Ford of EF and that was the plays you are thinking of.

As I said, you can sense this by watching them.

yes 1wildcat, they carry kris in their hearts to the field, the # grindfor5 is real, man I miss my baby like crazy, I thought that I wasn't going to be able to take it not seeing him on the field with his teammates, but when I see EF I can see him threw them, but really they had a good to great off season!!

The play was a zone read and the qb had to improvise, I charted the game. I talked to coach Ford of EF and that was the plays you are thinking of.

it's still charged as sacks lol. But you could be correct. Ill go back today and watch them closer.