Elysian Fields at Waskom

jacketpride58

Rock, What I was telling JJ is that it's not considered a sack if the lineman are blocking downfield. They cannot go downfield on a Pass Play until the ball has been thrown, unless it's thrown to someone behind the LOS. Sometimes people think it's a Sack when it's really a TFL because it was a run play by the QB. Fast Hard Physical #22

Rock, What I was telling JJ is that it's not considered a sack if the lineman are blocking downfield. They cannot go downfield on a Pass Play until the ball has been thrown, unless it's thrown to someone behind the LOS. Sometimes people think it's a Sack when it's really a TFL because it was a run play by the QB. Fast Hard Physical #22

yes I was playing call of duty And miss read it my bad coach. #gringfor5

yes 1wildcat, they carry kris in their hearts to the field, the # grindfor5 is real, man I miss my baby like crazy, I thought that I wasn't going to be able to take it not seeing him on the field with his teammates, but when I see EF I can see him threw them, but really they had a good to great off season!!

Hang in there ROCK! I can only imagine what you and your family have gone, and continue to go through. Prayers continue to go out to you for continued healing.

thanks 1wild, our community coaches and football players always keep my family in their thoughts and prayers, that helps ease a lot of pain.

If someone could PM me offensive and defensive stats for the EF/Arp game, and yearly-total-to-date stats on EF I'll be able to include them in my pre-game portion of the radio broadcast Friday night. In the past I've had to rely solely on "The Zone" in Fridays paper. This would enable me to prepare more info and not be rushed come game time. Thanks.

If someone could PM me offensive and defensive stats for the EF/Arp game, and yearly-total-to-date stats on EF I'll be able to include them in my pre-game portion of the radio broadcast Friday night. In the past I've had to rely solely on "The Zone" in Fridays paper. This would enable me to prepare more info and not be rushed come game time. Thanks.

Hughes was 21-26 219 yards 2/2. Medlock 4 carries 59 yards before an early exit. I'll check hoteling stats. I know Arp had 5 RBs get over 40+ yards each

looks like a hard offense to stop. lol

I think Waskom keeps this one closer than a lot of people think and then manages to pull it out in the end. Ill take Waskom by 6

Pearson is a great d coordinator but if the blitz don't get to the qb and they are in press man. Then there will be some 40-50 yard bombs coming on a regular basis.

Albeit a completely different looking opponent the story will be the same. If Waskom continues to put the ball on the carpet they will lose again.

They play defense well enough to win some games if the offense can finish drives with a score. They are not strong enough to stop teams over and over withe their backs to the wall.

Hoping that light will come on this week for them. A win makes the district look completely different.

• Like 1

Pearson is a great d coordinator but if the blitz don't get to the qb and they are in press man. Then there will be some 40-50 yard bombs coming on a regular basis.

Yeah i would rather waskom have the ball late than EF for sure

Win lose or draw, EF will still be second to Waskom until they can win the big one!

Well yall will never see that type of success again anyway. Looks like another trip to the basement for W. You guys could of had 3 titles and be a better team this year but your coach is too arrogant to develop anything that resembles a competitive passing game. Until then it's .500 football for the W. My is prediction is the W grandstands will be silenced as soon as EF gets the football Friday night. Maybe W will receive the ball first so the party will last 4-5 min after the opening whistle if not W won't even get a chance to cheer as soon as reality sets in.

• Like 1

Well yall will never see that type of success again anyway. Looks like another trip to the basement for W. You guys could of had 3 titles and be a better team this year but your coach is too arrogant to develop anything that resembles a competitive passing game. Until then it's .500 football for the W. My is prediction is the W grandstands will be silenced as soon as EF gets the football Friday night. Maybe W will receive the ball first so the party will last 4-5 min after the opening whistle if not W won't even get a chance to cheer as soon as reality sets in.

The only thing ignorant is your post, why would he develop a passing game when he won two Championships with a top notch running game. Waskom passed the ball more last year than they ever had. Waskom is young this year but they will be right back next year when those 10th graders get a little more experience.

• Like 2

The only thing ignorant is your post, why would he develop a passing game when he won two Championships with a top notch running game. Waskom passed the ball more last year than they ever had. Waskom is young this year but they will be right back next year when those 10th graders get a little more experience.

Would have beat refugio with a short passing game to keep the defense honest. W will never see that level of talent again that W can be successful with 10 men in the box and still be able to move the ball. That's once every 60 years for a small school.

Confidence can sometimes be confused with arrogance, I suggest you learn the difference!