Elysian Fields at Waskom

jacketpride58

Well yall will never see that type of success again anyway. Looks like another trip to the basement for W. You guys could of had 3 titles and be a better team this year but your coach is too arrogant to develop anything that resembles a competitive passing game. Until then it's .500 football for the W. My is prediction is the W grandstands will be silenced as soon as EF gets the football Friday night. Maybe W will receive the ball first so the party will last 4-5 min after the opening whistle if not W won't even get a chance to cheer as soon as reality sets in.

Ya don't fix what's not broken. He has ran the style of offense best suited to the talent at hand. Last year we had the luxury of being able to throw the ball a little bit with confidence in that aspect of the game. As far as this year goes, anybody (with any sense) knew coming in that it wasn't going to be as sweet around here as it had been the past several. Injuries has hit us big time to some key players. This is something that we have been blessed with not having to put up with during the Championship years. This year is far from over, no one knows what tomorrow holds, so be thankful for what you have today. The folks from Waskom and EF knows how it feels to be at the bottom looking up. These kids should have one thing on their minds back in August, going to Dallas and hoisting some hardware. Going undefeated during District and possibly a game or two deep into the playoffs isn't accomplishing anything unless you go all the way. I personally was a member of two of the three District Championship teams of the early 70's while at Waskom. When everything was said and done, all we had to look back on was " at least we beat EF"!! Not much of a lasting accomplishment, sure many from EF feel the same about Waskom.I made the comment earlier that this game Friday night Waskom will be facing the type of team that we have not faced since the Refugio game, meaning primarily airing it out the majority of the time. I did not, by any means want what I said to make anyone think that EF, with their style of game, was ANYTHING near the team Refugio was, because they are not. good luck to both teams Friday night, I'm hoping that We can make it through this week healthy. We have had a rough stretch , injury wise, that we need to avoid st all cost. The games count from here on out.

Ya don't fix what's not broken. He has ran the style of offense best suited to the talent at hand. Last year we had the luxury of being able to throw the ball a little bit with confidence in that aspect of the game. As far as this year goes, anybody (with any sense) knew coming in that it wasn't going to be as sweet around here as it had been the past several. Injuries has hit us big time to some key players. This is something that we have been blessed with not having to put up with during the Championship years. This year is far from over, no one knows what tomorrow holds, so be thankful for what you have today. The folks from Waskom and EF knows how it feels to be at the bottom looking up. These kids should have one thing on their minds back in August, going to Dallas and hoisting some hardware. Going undefeated during District and possibly a game or two deep into the playoffs isn't accomplishing anything unless you go all the way. I personally was a member of two of the three District Championship teams of the early 70's while at Waskom. When everything was said and done, all we had to look back on was " at least we beat EF"!! Not much of a lasting accomplishment, sure many from EF feel the same about Waskom.I made the comment earlier that this game Friday night Waskom will be facing the type of team that we have not faced since the Refugio game, meaning primarily airing it out the majority of the time. I did not, by any means want what I said to make anyone think that EF, with their style of game, was ANYTHING near the team Refugio was, because they are not. good luck to both teams Friday night, I'm hoping that We can make it through this week healthy. We have had a rough stretch , injury wise, that we need to avoid st all cost. The games count from here on out.

My understanding is Chris Stafford was not hurt as bad as thought and will play this Friday I thought he was done for the year.

Sure miss Steeljacket this week. He would be all over these boards.

Undefeated jackets overachieving... great year for them. Expectations last year were that Logan would be leading Waskom into another good year.

I guess as a salesman Ford is 1-0. As a coach he is 0-3. Friday night will tell us if he is a better coach or just a good salesman. No offense meant to either staff, just thinking about the situation.

I smell fear.

Sure miss Steeljacket this week. He would be all over these boards.

Undefeated jackets overachieving... great year for them. Expectations last year were that Logan would be leading Waskom into another good year.

I guess as a salesman Ford is 1-0. As a coach he is 0-3. Friday night will tell us if he is a better coach or just a good salesman. 🙌 No offense meant to either staff, just thinking about the situation💭.

I can keep flapping my gums if you W fans want entertainment. Lol

Been a member on here for several years because I enjoy the insight aND silliness but I've never had the urge to post anything but I have a question. How does a player switch to another school just because he doesn't like or doesn't fit the system where he is at? I retired coaching out of state and the only way players could transfer and be eligible for sports is if they sat out a year. I would have a lot less gray hair now if I could have sold our program to area athletes and brought them over with no grace period. I don't have any dogs in the fight just curious if Texas has rules for this. BTW I spent my career in Oklahoma and it pales in comparison to Texas High School Football.

Been a member on here for several years because I enjoy the insight aND silliness but I've never had the urge to post anything but I have a question. How does a player switch to another school just because he doesn't like or doesn't fit the system where he is at? I retired coaching out of state and the only way players could transfer and be eligible for sports is if they sat out a year. I would have a lot less gray hair now if I could have sold our program to area athletes and brought them over with no grace period. I don't have any dogs in the fight just curious if Texas has rules for this. BTW I spent my career in Oklahoma and it pales in comparison to Texas High School Football.

Well basically it depends on how big a Porcupine your former coach wants to be. He has to sign off on the transfer on whether he feels the move was sports related or for another reason.

If a player transfers into a district they can't play varsity sports for a full year, if they move into a district there's a 15 day period before they can play varsity. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

My previous posting was purely in jest. I neither expected nor anticipated serious discussion to come from it. To my knowledge no one from Waskom AR Elysian Fields has any issues about this situation. I would rather the postd isappear then to cause a rift. My apologies offered if my words were misinterpreted.

My previous posting was purely in jest. I neither expected nor anticipated serious discussion to come from it. To my knowledge no one from Waskom AR Elysian Fields has any issues about this situation. I would rather the postd isappear then to cause a rift. My apologies offered if my words were misinterpreted.

Don't believe there is any rift at all. Two close knit communities with kids living on the same street going to different schools. Many grand parents wearing maroon and white one game; and orange and white the next. I personally believe he looked better in maroon and white. That orange and white with that black...............kinda looks like a rotten orange.......LOL..........sorry, just need to get back to whats important.............Beating "EF"...........